Wow

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Wow

Postby Matthew on Sat Mar 01, 2003 10:51 pm

What a great season this has been. I was talking to Andrew before and man, everything has been good. From MJ returning for his final run, Scottie playing well, Kobe and his run of 40 point games, T-Mac and his signs of greatness, Garnett and his improved complete game, seeing Shawn Kemp playing hard again, seeing Iverson pass trust his teamates more, seeing Allan Houston become the kind of leader he is today, watching Kwame show potential to be a true NBA superstar, watch Vince play defense.

Man... I love this game :)
Matthew

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:04 pm

Aside from a few injuries, it's been one of the better seasons in the NBA. Of course, all seasons are great, but as Matthew has pointed out, there's a moment for pretty much every fan to enjoy. Even people who dislike Michael Jordan can be satisfied with his impending retirement. :wink:

A shame that Vince Carter missed so many games due to injury, but now he's back, and seemingly better than last season.

I'd say 2002/2003 has certainly been better than 2001/2002 thus far - last year, we Jordan fans cringed when the comeback fizzled, the playoffs saw a series of bad calls (though at least it resulted in the video replay rule change) and another steamrolling in the NBA Finals.

Hopefully the rest of this year continues to be exciting and entertaining.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Matt on Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:07 pm

well as long as the Lakers don't make it to the Finals i don't think there will be a steam rolling this season

but yeah, this season has been good......but i still love 96, the days of MJ, Pip, Hakeem, Barkley andthe list never ends................ahhh, the good old days
Matt

Postby Nick on Sat Mar 01, 2003 11:09 pm

t'has indeed...
Seattle sending Payton to milwaukee was quite a shock too...
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby magius on Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:55 pm

the only thing missing is a fierce rivalry dude....... that would be scrumptious :cool: like those bird-magic days!! *sigh*

i wanna see a super heated kobe and tmac rivalry ...... but they seem to be too respectful and concerned about media and all that :cool: they're no fun, they never badmouth the other guy!! LOL.

But actually bird and magic didnt hate each other know that i think about it...... magics actually absolutely LOVES :roll: -- all that wanting to get the hall of fame at the same time, and how he complements Bird and all the time and all that jazz....... makes me sick lol.

its just when they played, there was an eery intensity you know??? Like the ball always went to their hands, and they were matched up, and their eyes shined. And if you were a bird fan you oooooh-ed extra hard when he scored over magic. And if you were a magic fan you shouted super loud when he drove by larry. Thats what the NBA needs, not just boring numbers :cool:
magius

Postby JJcoolL on Sun Mar 02, 2003 5:38 pm

magics

shut up

all that jazz

shut up

the only thing missing is a fierce rivalry

lakers kings? where the fuk hav u been
JJcoolL

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 02, 2003 6:04 pm

Sorry, but I've had enough of you doing that no matter who posts or what they post. You never discuss, you just quote a few words and tell people to shut up.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Return to NBA & Basketball