Miami Heat Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby Drex on Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:23 am

Like...when? :?
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby greg9 on Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:16 am

The 2000-01 Lakers team struggled through the regular season but went 15-1 in the playoffs which is a record. They were like the 7th seed going into the last few weeks, but I believe they ended up 3rd because they won like 18 or their last 19 games.
DwyaneWadeFans.com - new Dwyane Wade fan site!
greg9

Postby Drex on Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:43 pm

3rd seed isn't exactly a low seed :P
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby nets4life on Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:49 am

LOL yea and besides that was the 20+ and 10+ shaq who was the most dominant player in the game
nets4life

Postby Shi on Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:04 am

Yo man Shaq aint The Dream who can bounce back out of 5th seeded and beeing 1-3 and 1-2 almost every series against Admiral Mailman and Sir Charles,and win a Championship...

But still,I believe Miami will be among the league's best this year aswell. but from next year and on,we're gonna fall to the deep-deep sub .500 without Shaq Zo and Glove...
Shi

Postby dada on Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:25 pm

Seems Wade picked up a wrist injury tonight which is very unfortunate for the Heat. Hopefully its nothing serious and he'll be back in there quick. They lost the game though although it was tight (which is a good sign considering he barely got a minute in supposedly).

edit:

Heat's top scorer sprains wrist, leaves vs. Bulls

CHICAGO -- Miami Heat guard Dwyane Wade left Wednesday night's game against the Chicago Bulls with a sprained right wrist and team officials said he would not return for precautionary reasons.

It appeared Wade injured his wrist coming off a screen while covering Chicago's Kirk Hinrich in the first quarter. Wade stayed in the game, but came out after the next timeout. He then went to the locker room accompanied by trainer Ron Culp.

Wade, who had 40 points and 11 assists in the Heat's 101-85 victory over the Los Angeles Lakers on Monday, is averaging 28.6 points and 8.2 assists.

The Heat were already without center Shaquille O'Neal, who has been sidelined since Nov. 12, when he tore knee cartilage against Houston.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
dada

Postby mvpshaq32 on Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:02 pm

I hope it's not a serious injury too as the Heat already lost Shaq and won't be returning for a while. White Choc played pretty good tonight with 28 points, making 7-10 three pointers but he and Wright made a couple turnovers during the last 3? minutes of the game. Haslem finished with another double-double and Wright is beginning to develop. He's a pretty good rebounder for his height. The Heat are showing what they can do without their big superstars but what will happen once their veterans start retiring?
mvpshaq32
Foots in Asses!

Postby Shi on Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:22 pm

Don't forget we'll still have Posey,Williams,Haslem,Wright,Kapono and Barron.
all of these players made huge jumps in their game the last years,and let's not forget that any team that's got Wade on it's roster,is a very good team.
a couple of FA signings next year,together with good trades and draft picks,and Miami will be a title contender again.
Shi

Postby diddy on Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:05 pm

Shi, my man says the tru!
God,i hope zo won't retire at least for next season! and miami won't trade posey haslem and wright! 1-st round picks must be pretty good next year, there are a lot of bigmen!
Wade is the super hero, he's the greatest! i hope he went not for long!
only god can judge me
My graphic thread My Recent Blog Entry
Ricky Roma from Miami Heat forums wrote:" Celtic fans: We lead the league in age, fat aszes, O'neals, senior citizens, and acting! Don't mess with us, cause we got rondo!! YOU HEAR ME!! RONDO!!!!"

2pac wrote:through every dark night, there's a bright day after that, so no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
diddy
Miami Heat starting PG

Postby Mayerhendrix on Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:07 am

In 2-3 years it's going to end up as Wade carrying the rest of the squad as everyone gets older, so don't say "We're only bad because Shaq's not here". Chances are that he and the rest of the injury-prone aging Heat squad won't be too effective in years to come either.
Mayerhendrix

Postby Axel on Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:42 am

Dorell Wright will begin to emerge in the next year or two. He's already shown a lot of improvement.

My guess is once Shaq retires, the Heat will go out and sign a big name free agent with that extra 20 mil a year.
Axel

Postby mvpshaq32 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:34 am

I think there might be a chance Zo will sign for another season but not more than that. One of the NBA's greatest shot blockers.
Soon the Heat are going to have to look to their rookies as backup PG for Williams. Doleac and Baron are going to be the backup big men for Shaq.
Walker really dropped after the playoffs but Posey still remains somewhat consistent.Wright has earned a starting spot so the lineup should look like this as of now until Shaq gets back.
C- Zo Mourning
PF- Haslem
SF- Wright
SG-Wade
PG-Williams
Last edited by mvpshaq32 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvpshaq32
Foots in Asses!

Postby R.J. on Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:20 am

I have lost all respect for James Posey, you should too, three cheap shots against the Bulls in the last year.
R.J.

Postby diddy on Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:57 pm

what overall rating do u think has wright now?! 70 -76?!
mvpshaq32, don't u mean Shaq retires at the end of this season??
only god can judge me
Ricky Roma from Miami Heat forums wrote:" Celtic fans: We lead the league in age, fat aszes, O'neals, senior citizens, and acting! Don't mess with us, cause we got rondo!! YOU HEAR ME!! RONDO!!!!"

2pac wrote:through every dark night, there's a bright day after that, so no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep your head up, and handle it
diddy
Miami Heat starting PG

Postby bigh0rt on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:01 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2709897

"Hinrich pulled his hand. He does it all the time," Riley told reporters. "That's what he does. Anytime Dwyane comes off screens, they will always grab his shirt or grab his hands. It's a tactic down below the body -- the official can't see it. He had Dwyane's hand, and [when Wade] tried to pull it out of there, I think something happened."

With the Posey situation, as well as this, are we seeing a rivalry come alive?
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby mvpshaq32 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:30 pm

Diddy wrote:what overall rating do u think has wright now?! 70 -76?!
mvpshaq32, don't u mean Shaq retires at the end of this season??

My bad I should have put something extra into my post.
Look at it again, I edited it.
And Wright deserves the starting spot more than Posey in the way he has been playing. You have to admit Wright can post some high numbers on the boards from time to time. Maybe Posey can get back into the starting lineup but now it belongs to Wright hands down.

Good news on Wade's MRI showing no structural damage. There already is rivalry between them or for the Bulls anyways after the Heat knocked them out in the playoffs.
Last edited by mvpshaq32 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvpshaq32
Foots in Asses!

Postby .Dee. on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:40 pm

well now dat shaq n wade are out the Heat are more screwd, oh well better chance for the knicks to get up on the eastern conference.
Above The Intellectuals:::....
CapitolWizards!!!
.Dee.

Postby mvpshaq32 on Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:53 pm

.Dee. wrote:well now dat shaq n wade are out the Heat are more screwd, oh well better chance for the knicks to get up on the eastern conference.

Wade's back and that will never happen until Isiah steps down.
mvpshaq32
Foots in Asses!

Postby diddy on Fri Dec 29, 2006 6:55 pm

mvpshaq32, okay! but i really don't know last news! what bout walker? where is he? comes from the bench?
only god can judge me

diddy
Miami Heat starting PG

Postby Axel on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:46 pm

Antoine has really played like shit this year. Last year he came through clutch in the playoffs and proved the naysayers wrong, but it's looking like he's in the twilight of his career now. He's shooting a career low from 3 point range at 23%, and 38% at the free throw line. He's really not doing anything well at all. Hopefully the Heat make a move before the deadline.

I keep waiting for Wayne Simien to get a chance to play. Everyone said he would replace Udonis eventually since he isn't great numbers wise.
Axel

Postby Matt on Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:53 pm

"eventually" is probably 3yrs away.....
Matt

Postby Shi on Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:09 am

Simien sucks,and so does walker. I think trade them both for Greg Oden next year when Zo\Shaq\both retire.
Shi

Postby --- on Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:47 am

Why the hell would whatever team grabs Oden take Walker and Simien for him? Even if you throw in a bunch of picks they wouldn't even consider it. Oden has that much upside.
---

Postby J@3 on Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:10 am

Regardless of Oden's upside, I don't think ANYONE would trade a first round pick for the combination of Walker and Simien.
J@3

Postby mvpshaq32 on Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:55 pm

Yes Walker does not deserve a starting spot. He's lucky to log even 15 minutes a game the way he's playing. Ever since he was traded to Miami, Walker's numbers went way down.....Sure he played a big part of Miami winning the championship but he is shit right now. And who said that Simien should replace Haslem!?!?! Haslem is a consistent rebounder and has developed a soft touch that he didn't have last year. He gives you 12 and 9 a night.
mvpshaq32
Foots in Asses!

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball