Kobe 4 MVP!

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

K8 4 MVP?

No hope
30%
Hell yeah
51%
Not just this season- it's just the beggining! K8 for MVP for the next 10 seasons!
19%

Total votes : 43

Kobe 4 MVP!

Postby Fresh8 on Thu Feb 13, 2003 3:21 pm

Yo all u ppl out there who think K8 ain't no contender! U'r so wrong! Man! u stupid or somthin?! Kobe rocks and when the Lakers reach 5th, 6th or even 8th seed- K8 will win MVP!

Hey didn't he score 35+ points in the last 6 games- hey? 51 today!

Man King Kobe is the man!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby kobe5206 on Thu Feb 13, 2003 6:14 pm

You need to be blind to not see how much he deserves the MVP honour this year: he's just playing like an alien from another planet no question about it.
Garnett and McGrady are still far from him: look to the winned series in the playoffs by the Wolves or the Magic (Garnett last summer has been criticized for his lack of leadership in the playoffs and McGrady has been outplayed by Davis).
Bye
kobe5206

Postby Heiks on Thu Feb 13, 2003 10:52 pm

we'll see at the end of the regular season if he can keep it up
i don't think that few good games will make him a MVP

:roll:
Give respect, get respect.
Heiks

Postby . on Thu Feb 13, 2003 11:54 pm

My name says it all

Postby Boyk on Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:09 am

hes definatley on track
and it seems fans of the world think so also, they had a poll a yesterday at espn.com asking who will win mvp, and kobe was top of the least with 70% or sumfin lol

hes playing so great
42ppg 51% shooting in the last 7 games, each game the lakers won.........thats leadership for ya lol

but to score 51pnts in 31mins is just amazing, he could of have had around 70, like last year wen he scored 56 in 34 mins vs the grizzlies.
he also had his 42 from yesterday in 31mins also

M-V-P M-V-P M-V-P
Thanks to TEH G.O.A.T for Sig
Formerly known as Laddas
Watch out for Kobe,Melo n the Lakers!
Boyk

Postby Wall St. Peon on Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:21 am

What's Kobe's scoring average for the season?
Shane
Wall St. Peon

Postby Heiks on Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:43 am

Enahs Live wrote:What's Kobe's scoring average for the season?

29 point something [2nd] - t-mac 30 point something [1st]

:wink:
Give respect, get respect.
Heiks

Postby . on Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:41 am

Kobe: 29.3
T-Mac: 30.4

T-Mac...........U better watch your back because he´s coming!!!!

Postby Clinton on Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:37 pm

Kobe is playing unbelieveable basketball at the moment. He is making everything look easy. This is going to be Kobe's year.
Clinton

Postby Rens on Sat Feb 15, 2003 12:17 am

Whoever wins MVP will probably be pressured to step down to let MJ have it :lol:
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby Boyk on Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:16 am

Dan Gadzuric wrote:Whoever wins MVP will probably be pressured to step down to let MJ have it :lol:

lol that would be funny, and if they didnt let jordan have it, there would be boos and stuff lol

ahhhhhh pfft! jordan already has 5 and 6 finals mvp
Formerly known as Laddas
Boyk

ut will they gic

Postby Poollit on Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:01 am

Whoever wins MVP will probably be pressured to step down to let MJ have it

LOL

hm...Kobe for MVP.
No other player puts up numbers like he does. I really wish he would get it.
The only thing t-mac is better than KB8 at is points. Kobe is better at everything else, so far, T-mac seems to be catching back up on reb. since Kemp and Hill r out, and Shaqs been doing the reb. for Lakers.
KG puts up fascinating numbers.
But will they give Kobe props, even if he has the most dominating player in the world.
I hope so, especially if he can get the attention of the "Most dominating Player"
Poollit

Postby Bill Russell on Sat Feb 15, 2003 5:57 am

Kobe won't be the MVP if the Lakers don't advance at least to the 2nd round of the playoffs...
Bill Russell

Re: ut will they gic

Postby Boyk on Sat Feb 15, 2003 6:14 am

Poollit wrote:

LOL

hm...Kobe for MVP.
No other player puts up numbers like he does. I really wish he would get it.
The only thing t-mac is better than KB8 at is points. Kobe is better at everything else, so far, T-mac seems to be catching back up on reb. since Kemp and Hill r out, and Shaqs been doing the reb. for Lakers.
KG puts up fascinating numbers.
But will they give Kobe props, even if he has the most dominating player in the world.
I hope so, especially if he can get the attention of the "Most dominating Player"

I think by the end of the season kobe will be a top of the leading ppg, especially if he keeps scoring like htis
anyway, i still believe kobe is a better scorer than t-mac anyway, t-mac hasnt been close to scoring 35+ over a 7 game period plus 6/7 over 40 and a 50pnt game. which was done in 31mins.
Formerly known as Laddas
Boyk

Postby Poollit on Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:55 am

anyway, i still believe kobe is a better scorer than t-mac anyway, t-mac hasnt been close to scoring 35+ over a 7 game period plus 6/7 over 40 and a 50pnt game. which was done in 31mins.

I think t-mac is a more consistent scorer than Kobe, like throughout the year Tracy seems to have been around the high 20s or mid 30s all year, he seems to me a more consistent scorer. but when Kobe's hot, he's untouchable.
thats why to this point in the year t-mac has the lead.
Maybe i'm wrong though, maybe it just took kobe awhile to adjust to his knew found strength.

I wrote Earlier "I hope so, especially if he can get the attention of the "Most dominating Player""

Fix it, to -"I hope so, especially if he can get the attention *off the "most dominating player"
Poollit

Postby scubilete on Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:17 am

Yeah right, :lol:

Maybe MJ deserves the trophy for being his last year in the league. Hater?!!!
scubilete

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 15, 2003 10:46 am

The odds are against Kobe winning the MVP award due to Shaq being his teammate. It's been mentioned before that Shaq draws double teams and creates space for his teammates, and Kobe is the Laker who benefits the most from Shaq's presence.

Chances are the MVP will go to someone like Kidd, Duncan or KG, because they have don't have the supporting cast that the Lakers do. KG and the Wolves in particular are doing well with very little, and KG is having a fine season individually as well.

Kobe's numbers are MVP-worthy, but the voters will probably have trouble not factoring Shaq into the equation. The case will be made for Shaq himself, since his absence made it difficult for the Lakers as a team. Kobe was still able to put up impressive numbers, but the rest of the Lakers were not up to their usual level of play. Shaq's presence creates the opportunities for the supporting cast to have much better performances.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby scubilete on Sat Feb 15, 2003 11:18 am

I might agree with that but if he keeps doing that he might. Remember that Magic got few MVPs with Jabbar and Worthy on his team. And Jabbar was considered just much better than Shaq at that time, cause you couldn't foul him.

Sometimes what you do in the season can be an important factor. I don't think the League would give the award back to back to the same person, meaning that nobody else has proven being a MVP material. Kidd does have MVP numbers and he's more than that in NJ, but I doubt he will get it. KG might get that, I would love to see him lifting that trophy up like he did with Jordan's.
scubilete

Postby Bill Russell on Sat Feb 15, 2003 3:07 pm

Tales wrote:Kobe won't be the MVP if the Lakers don't advance at least to the 2nd round of the playoffs...
Bill Russell

Postby Clinton on Sat Feb 15, 2003 4:42 pm

Another 40 point game for Kobe but this time in a loss :( .
He had 44 points (19 of 41 fgs, 2 of 3 threes.), 6 boards, 4 assists, 2 blocks and 4 steals in 45 minutes in the Lakers 95-103 loss.
Clinton

Postby Matthew on Sat Feb 15, 2003 9:07 pm

Kobe will win it... He is in another class right now. Is he even 25 yet? damn..
Matthew

Postby scubilete on Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:05 am

Tales, something tells me if the Lakers face the Mavs in the first round, they will be in the conference Finals. If not, they might be in a higher spot like 6 or 5 which would put them even better to get to the Finals.
scubilete

Postby Matt on Sun Feb 16, 2003 12:41 am

stat wise Kobe deserves MVP hands down, BUT where was the team w/o Shaq? on the bottom, thus some might say that Shaq is the teams MVP, but since the Lakers supporting cast is paper thin can't blame them for getting off to a sucky start, cos Kobe was the ONLY option
Matt

Postby scubilete on Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:06 am

Well, Like I said few weeks ago, Kobe can't take the team only for himself, he was doing his job and nobody was supporting him. Even when Shaq came back the team was at the bottom, just 3 weeks ago they started winning games.

Everyone knows Shaq is the secret weapon in the Lakers but now that kobe is doing this, what would you do? Would you try to stop him? what about Shaq?, :lol: . That's the way it's always been, the opponents are so stupid, lol.

Even you would say, yes we knew that it was shaq, then why didn't you try to stop him?, :D . Oh wait, you did try to stop him, the problem was you couldn't, :lol: . Damn Lakers they are just so good, :lol: .

Lakers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
scubilete

Postby Bill Russell on Sun Feb 16, 2003 2:37 am

scubilete wrote:Tales, something tells me if the Lakers face the Mavs in the first round, they will be in the conference Finals. If not, they might be in a higher spot like 6 or 5 which would put them even better to get to the Finals.

I dunno... I think the Mavs will give the Lakers a fight... They could try to outscore them, though it doesn't work that way in the playoffs, as everyone knows... They could throw Finley, Griffin and Raja Bell at Bryant... And let O'Neal do his thing... Which he will nevertheless...

I think we are seeing a chance of turns in the Lakers now... Kobe has seem to be the main man now... Of course Shaq still gets his numbers, but it seems Kobe is the main weapon now, the # 1 option... Shaq still doesn't rebound and dunk like he should... But, he's there to draw the defense... Thus making it easier on Bryant to perform...
Bill Russell

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball