Vince Carter is back!

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Vince Carter is back!

Postby emadhn15 on Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:14 am

He is back guys! Vince carter scored 22 points as the raptors beat the kings 101-97. Vince carter had a great game with a two handed dunk and hit also two crucial free throws at the end of the game.
emadhn15

Postby TheBob on Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:30 am

Anyone see what he did after his first dunk? That was classic. It's so nice to watch the Raptors play when he's in the lineup.
TheBob

Postby emadhn15 on Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:39 am

yea, he was like "its alright, its alright (about his knee)"
emadhn15

Postby Electrifyer on Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:48 am

I was worried about Vince when he went down with Keon Clark and started limping while he ran down the court. Good thing he's okay, cuz the Raptors really do need him for wins.
Electrifyer

Postby raptor15 on Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:34 pm

In 23 minutes, he managed to fall down and nearly get hurt AGAIN? That's like.....a good sign for things to come... :x

Oh well. Good game. The Raptors beat the Kings. Never thought I'd see that...lol
raptor15

Postby Rens on Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:10 pm

raptor15 wrote:In 23 minutes, he managed to fall down and nearly get hurt AGAIN? That's like.....a good sign for things to come... :x

He's not hurt, players get into a lot of situations where they can get hurt...

I wonder where's all people that were bitching at him now... watching the highlights perhaps? :P
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby scubilete on Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:54 am

I wonder where's all people that were bitching at him now

:lol: , I'm quite happy he's back, I didn't watch the game but at least for the comments you guys made, I bet he is over 90% ready. Now, Yest. was a very special day, Vince Birthday as they were saying, I didn't confirm that, they won over the Kings!!!!!!!!!, that was great, The Mavs lost as well, that was the game I was watching and The Knicks finally kept a margin to win a game.

:wink:

I also see now in the Raps roster Zendon Hamilton, lol. I hope he does well there.

Raptors sign Zendon Hamilton
Toronto, Ontario (Sports Network) - The Toronto Raptors signed forward/center Zendon Hamilton to a 10-day contract on Monday and waived forward Art Long.

Hamilton, a St. John's University product, averaged 6.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 15.7 minutes in 54 games with Denver last season, including 15 starts.

The 6-foot-11 Hamilton played in three preseason games with Denver this season before being waived October 24. Hamilton spent the 2000-01 season with the Los Angeles Clippers, playing in only three contests while spending 78 games on the injured list with a strained lower back.

Long averaged 2.9 points, 2.9 rebounds and 11.4 minutes in seven appearances with Toronto this season. He was signed to a 10-day contract January 8 and a similar contract January 18. At the conclusion of his second 10-day contract, the Raptors, in accordance with league rules, had to either sign Long to a contract for the remainder of the season or place him on waivers.
Last edited by scubilete on Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scubilete

Postby raptor15 on Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:15 am

He's not hurt, players get into a lot of situations where they can get hurt...

My mistake. Although he did limp away...that's a bad sign. I don't know if he's capable, but if he could finish the season healthy, that would be a great sign for VC's injuries. One game doesn't say much, especially when you only play 23 minutes...
raptor15

Postby bishibashiboy on Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:34 am

Dan Gadzuric wrote:I wonder where's all people that were bitching at him now... watching the highlights perhaps? :P

i'm here i'm here! :P

well..as much as i hate to say it..surprising comeback..even though if it's just one game..

as far as his knee goes..nobody knows...he seemed fine before..and went down like a fly for no reason running down the court..so time will tell..........
bishibashiboy

Postby Rens on Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:09 pm

Zendon Hamilton had some huge rebounding games for the Nuggets, especially a very good offensive rebounder. Hope he can do more than Long.
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby TheBob on Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:12 am

Dan, I think he's just there as some sort of insurance anyways. I doubt he'll get much playing time behind Davis, Williams, Bradley and McCoy.
TheBob

Postby Rens on Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:36 am

He's 6'11 so most of his time will likely come at the C. He won't be in the way of Bradley there, he should get some of Davis' minutes he hasn't been playing well, and we can afford giving him rest the season is pretty much over anyway.

(Plus AD needs to be healthy for his new team ;))
Rens

Postby TheBob on Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:42 am

Dan Gadzuric wrote:

(Plus AD needs to be healthy for his new team ;))

:lol: if only, I hear Grunwald is actively shoping him at the moment though.
TheBob

Return to NBA & Basketball