High Schoolers Other than Lebron James

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby Wall St. Peon on Sun Feb 02, 2003 7:40 am

Also with BJ Mayo, he was ranked at his highest when he was 14... I'd imagine all a 6'3 14 year old would need is a decent jumpshot and leaping ability to get 20/10 per game. I suppose similar applies with LeBron, i've seen him play twice and both times he's been like the 3rd tallest on the court, with the other guys not much bigger... so I'd imagine he'll get a bit of a shock when he goes to the L and has to compete against people his own size and bigger... smells of Eddy Curry

Yay for Jae! Someone else who thinks that James is overhyped and is more likely to be a bust than a superstar....
Shane
Wall St. Peon

Postby JHova on Sun Feb 02, 2003 8:22 am

He's the 2003 Lenny Cooke
JHova

Postby poorch on Sat Feb 08, 2003 1:17 pm

US HS Team Top10, as of Feb 3

1. St. Vincent-St. Mary (Akron, Ohio) – (14-1) *1
OK, so St. Vincent-St. Mary technically has a loss now. But since that loss was decided not on the court but by the OHSAA when it ruled LeBron James ineligible, the Irish stay at No. 1. And thanks to a judge’s ruling on Wednesday, it looks like LeBron will be back in uniform this Saturday when SVSM and No. 8 Westchester (Calif.) meet in the Prime Time Shootout in New Jersey.
2. Brookhaven (Columbus, Ohio) – (15-1) *2
You better believe Brookhaven is keeping an eye on the LeBron saga. Although the two teams play in different divisions in the Ohio playoffs, a loss on the court by SVSM could vault Brookhaven to No. 1. The team will travel to Jersey this weekend to take on Our Savior (N.Y.) in the Prime Time Shootout.
3. McQuaid (Rochester, N.Y.) – (18-0) *3
Is there any question where the place is to watch some great high school basketball this weekend? McQuaid will join No. 1 SVSM and No. 2 Brookhaven in New Jersey this weekend and will play Harrisburg (Pa.) on Saturday in the Prime Time Shootout.
4. Mater Dei (Santa Ana, Calif.) – (22-2) *4
With a couple of big wins over Antelope Valley and St. John Bosco in the past week, it’s likely Mater Dei won’t be tested again until the postseason.
5. Beaumont Ozen (Beaumont, Texas) – (25-0) *5
Kendrick Perkins scored 16 points as Ozen held off Lumberton, 65-52, in their only game last week.
6. Pike (Indianapolis, Ind.) – (16-0) *6
How’s this for a blowout? Pike routed Southport, 75-28, last week. Ouch.
7. Montrose Christian (Rockville, Md.) – (15-1) *8
It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that Montrose Christian pounded Einstein, 99-39, though Montrose barely held on for a one-point win over Benedictine.
8. Westchester (Los Angeles, Calif.) – (20-2) *9
Good news for Westchester: The Comets beat then-No. 7 Fairfax, 88-72, last week to avenge an earlier loss. Bad news for Westchester: The Comets will have to face No. 1 St. Vincent-St. Mary with LeBron James in the lineup this Saturday in the Prime Time Shootout.
9. Lanier (Jackson, Miss.) – (25-1) *10
Lanier will get perhaps its biggest test of the season this Saturday when it faces No. 13 St. Raymond’s (N.Y.) at the Prime Time Shootout in New Jersey.
10. White Station (Memphis, Tenn.) – (20-2) *11
Two more game, two more wins for White Station, which moves into the Top 10 for the first time this season.
“He's a good dude, in my opinion. And he's definitely one of the strongest people mentally that I've ever been around. I think everybody here kind of looks up to him for that. He's the man. ” — Lamar Odom on Kobe Bryant
poorch

Postby scubilete on Sun Feb 09, 2003 10:00 pm

NBA to expand first-round of playoffs to best-of-7 format
Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - The NBA will switch the first-round of the playoffs from a best-of-5 to a best-of-7 format beginning this year.

bla bla bla bla ...

Stern also announced that Darko Milicic of Yugoslavia will be eligible for the 2003 draft. The 17-year-old Milicic has been projected as the No. 2 draft pick, just behind high school phenom LeBron James. Milicic will turn 18 in June.

Due to a change in draft eligibility rules, international players who declare for the draft the same year in which they turn 18 can be chosen by an NBA team. Previously a player had to be 18 before the draft application deadline, which is 45 days before the draft.

Stern has also been talking with Billy Hunter, the Executive Director of the league's Players Association, about extending the collective bargaining agreement that will expire after the 2004-05 season.
scubilete

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball