Cavs' starting five

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

down with gamespy! down with gamespy! down with gamespy!

Postby benji on Sun Jan 26, 2003 9:20 am

EG wrote:Ben apparently thinks GMs should draft Chris Bosh...who is equivalent to a shorter, skinnier Marcus Camby...over Lebron James...

No, I think they should take LeBron James first so he can lead the team to a title in his first year like all the great HS players like himself have done. :roll: I just feel Bosh, Anthony, etc. would be less of a risk, because they have shown they can at least play well at the college level. I do think they should take Anthony over him though.
EG wrote:who is equivalent to a taller, stronger Kobe.

Enh...not anymore...James is now smaller than Kobe in some listings...in other he's still 6-8, 240.
EG wrote:He also thinks the Cleveland Cavaliers...a team of slashing scorers who play no defense...can play a Sacramento Kings style offense.

THEY CAN. Just like anyteam in the league could, I never said they would be succesfull with it, I never said they could do it competently or anything except they could run it. Which they can.
Shane wrote:Michael Jordan would have been the number 1 pick if they had known what he would have done...but he wasn't.

Most say Hakeem still would've been. You don't pass up on a center of his talent.
C wrote:The names Clinton. Don't start with you inmature shit like Dan.

How is it "inmature"? I don't want to type out your entire name...just like I'm not typing out Dan's, EG's and Shane's when I quote them...
C wrote:A formula can't show you what a player brings to a team or all the little things he does that don't come through in stats.

But, the fact is (as regarded by the abysmal record) none of them are bringing anything, so you go with the best stats.
C wrote:You will know why in the next year or two.

I heard that last year. We've heard that tons of times before. Pervis Ellison and LaRue Martin.
C wrote:There is the reason for these guys not breaking out yet. Brown backs up Laetnner and puts up just a good a line, Curry is playing under 10 minutes a game, Chandler is showing improvement, Stevenson will get some minutes when the geriatrics retire and Bender is stuck behind a stacked Pacers frontline.

They've all had their opportunities...Dan handled the rest of your post very well though...so no need to repeat...
benji

Postby scubilete on Sun Jan 26, 2003 10:42 am

I want to join for few minutes this long post party

Michael Jordan would have been the number 1 pick if they had known what he would have done...but he wasn't.

The case with Jordan was different. Every team was taking exactly what they needed to win, Jordan was not chosen 1st or 2nd but 3rd. Houston did well taking Olajuwon over Jordan, they went to the finals the next year or 2 years later I believe, the only thing critics in Portland are mad about is that they picked Sam Bowie Over Jordan, that was ridiculous but like I said, they needed a Center, they already had Drexler so they went for what they needed not for who was the best.

Now you see teams taking as first choice whoever they think it will attract people or I don't know what's the point of the Draft anymore, cause bfore it was to make the team better so they could compete.

He also thinks the Cleveland Cavaliers...a team of slashing scorers who play no defense...can play a Sacramento Kings style offense.

A good manager can make that Clev. team a very defensive team if not the best, you can ask M. Fratello who already did it with them once.

No, I think they should take LeBron James first so he can lead the team to a title in his first year like all the great HS players like himself have done.

I know this is a Joke Ben, but that's a good point. "I'm not a HS fan or don't know anything about anyone from HS obviously" so I just want to ask if there's anyone who believes he can take the Cavs and make them a playoff team or at least is he going to be the first HS to win the rookie of the year award?

Now, that would be an accomplishment for him. Not getting as number 1 pick cause Kwame already did it.
scubilete

Postby Rens on Mon Jan 27, 2003 2:47 am

scubilete wrote:at least is he going to be the first HS to win the rookie of the year award?

Amare... Amare... Amare... I think he has quite a good chance to be the first before LeBron.
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby scubilete on Mon Jan 27, 2003 6:44 am

I know, he deserves it. I still think it will be difficult for him to do it when the media loves Ming but hopefully they understand the award is not for the most popular but for the best one.
scubilete

Postby Clinton on Fri Jan 31, 2003 5:24 pm

They all didn't want to be a player who's just a scorer, they all changed their game to be better team players instead of just scorers

Jordan changed his game?

Ben wrote:
When Lamar Odom came out of High School, he was far more polished and better than LeBron James will be coming out of High School.

No he didn't

Yes he did.

Brown started at the start of the season, he had his chance, same with Curry, Chandler

And they will get even more chances. They are very young and very raw at the moment.

They've all had their opportunities

What? Starting the first quarter of the season after getting no minutes last year. Eddy Curry can't get 5 minutes lately, same with Brown. Chandler is improving because they have kept him starting and keep giving him opportunities.
Clinton

Postby Rens on Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:23 pm

Clinton wrote:Jordan changed his game?

:roll:

Clinton wrote:And they will get even more chances. They are very young and very raw at the moment.

What? Starting the first quarter of the season after getting no minutes last year. Eddy Curry can't get 5 minutes lately, same with Brown. Chandler is improving because they have kept him starting and keep giving him opportunities.

There's a reason they are back at the bench though, it's because they don't do anything with their chances. Once they start doing something with it (Chandler) they'll have more chances to improve.

Also, the fact that Curry doesn't play defense and Chandler doesn't play offense has a big influence on their time. Not playing offense hurts your team a lot less than not playing defense...
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball