Payton to Indiana

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Payton to Indiana

Postby GloveGuy on Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:47 pm

The Sonics organization isn't denying that they're looking for a trade involving GP. The most heard talks have been with the Pacers, always seeming to involve different players with Indiana. I would like to see a trade that would send GP to the Pacers. This would put him on a championship caliber team and the Pacers would get the best point guard in the league. I believe that GP has atleast 5 more years left in him and could be what the Pacers are needing for them to compete against West Coast teams(they already beat the Mavs this year). Being on a playoff team with very talented players around him, will bring out Payton's true playmaking skills. The Sonics are going nowhere with Payton and it would be awesome for GP to win a championship.
GloveGuy

Postby Clinton on Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:58 pm

The Sonics organization isn't denying that they're looking for a trade involving GP.

Because Kenny Anderson is so much better. :?

This would put him on a championship caliber team and the Pacers would get the best point guard in the league.

They would have to come close to winning the East with Payton running the point.
Clinton

Postby Drex on Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:07 pm

Quote:
This would put him on a championship caliber team and the Pacers would get the best point guard in the league.

They would have to come close to winning the East with Payton running the point.

:D :P Payton in Indiana, Kidd in Jersey......4 matches a year..... :D :P
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Brave Sir Rubin on Fri Jan 17, 2003 2:12 pm

i can't see payton fitting in indy...

he will have issues adjusting to isiah's coaching...

he will have issues sharing points with jermaine and reggie...making him the number 3 shooting priority in the starting lineup...lowering his PPG imensly...

he will have issues with arters since they will try to compete for the best defender in the league...since both are candidates...

plus...i don't see who indy can trade for him unless it's a harrington, b.miller, tinsley for payton and center trade...or something like that......

and a trade like that will just fuck up indy...

payton should stay in Seattle...

P.S.

this is my 200th post (yay :))
Brave Sir Rubin
Showerfun

Postby Nick on Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:17 pm

...and he would take tinsleys place, right? :wink:

Well personally, i would like to see Payton retire in Seattle. He's the heart and sole of seattle, playing there for 18 years and all.
Nick
Barnsketball
Contributor

Postby Stevan on Fri Jan 17, 2003 5:56 pm

he will have issues with arters since they will try to compete for the best defender in the league...since both are candidates...

Since when have players had issues sharing defense? It's not like sharing the ball, they can all play defense at the same time :)

I also don't think GP will too many issues with others scoring, it takes the load off, and any three of those guys or four if you include Artest, can go off and have a big scoring game. None of them will have a big one on a consistent basis. This would make the Pacers deeper offensively, and someone different could step up any given night. Trade Tinsley I say... not meaning to offend you Pavel but in Payton they have a guy who can do what Tinsley does (I assume) and he can score too.
Stevan

Postby benji on Sat Jan 18, 2003 4:07 am

I don't see this happening. How does Indy get him? They're already over the luxury tax. Seattle wouldn't take Mercer or Croshere, and I doubt they'd take [Reggie] Miller since they can just keep Payton and let him leave if they want to get cap room. I doubt Indy would deal Jermaine O'Neal for him. If Payton is sent to Indy, it will take away too much from Indy for the one player, so they wouldn't win the title.
benji

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:18 am

but in Payton they have a guy who can do what Tinsley does (I assume) and he can score too.

But they could have Tinsley around much longer than GP, who despite still playing great basketball, probably won't stick around for the 10 years that Tinsley could.
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Clinton on Mon Jan 20, 2003 9:55 am

:lol:
Clinton

Postby Big Answer on Tue Jan 21, 2003 1:28 am

Isn't he a little bit more trashtalker for Indianapolis people ????
Ok forget it......that was a joke !!!!!! :roll:
:oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Big Answer

Return to NBA & Basketball