Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby [Q] on Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:55 am

PG said he wanted to go to LA last year but was probably butthurt because we didn't trade for him. He stayed loyal to OKC and feels like he's wanted there
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:02 am

OKC apparently 'wooed' George the whole season and that Westbrook party the day George signed was a Presti suggestion.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Jackal on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:26 am

Good for George. The Lakers made the right choice by not parting with their core for George. We saw what happened with Denver and the Knicks for Carmelo.

George can say what he wants, end of the day dude chose money and playing with Westbrook and that’s fine. Don’t come with the BS of lamenting not being acquired through trade which would’ve gutted the team. If you’re such a big Laker homer, you wouldn’t have wanted that.

Anyways George being dealt to OKC and not Cleveland may have helped land Lebron. Who knows?

I just hope the Lakers get to a point where they are capable of eliminating the Thunder should the opportunity present itself.

No hard feelings PG, you don’t owe the Lakers anything, but don’t talk shit now, that’s not cool.
Jackal

Postby jwin on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:38 am

wonder how much truth there is to this, i'm guessing more false than true

Report: Kawhi Leonard more open to Clippers with LeBron James on Lakers
jwin

Postby Jackal on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:36 am

Woj just posted the opposite.

Man, just don’t trade Ingram. Wait for Kawhi, he’s coming off some random ass injury and acting like a bitch. Don’t give shit up for him.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:28 am

Again like the George situation last year, no point in trading your whole team for him. There won't be much left
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:36 am

i am amazed at all the laker fans that are ok with the team waiting a year for leonard when this exact situation just happened last season and it didnt work out for them at all. there is nothing at all that says leonard would not be happy with whatever team trades for him. if you can get a player of his talent level you have to do your best to make it happen. Dont over pay but also dont try to low ball either.
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:09 pm

On the other hand, when you've just acquired LeBron James, missing out on Kawhi Leonard isn't a complete disaster.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:29 pm

Sauru wrote:i am amazed at all the laker fans that are ok with the team waiting a year for leonard when this exact situation just happened last season and it didnt work out for them at all. there is nothing at all that says leonard would not be happy with whatever team trades for him. if you can get a player of his talent level you have to do your best to make it happen. Dont over pay but also dont try to low ball either.

Pop wants Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, 2 picks and right to swap 2 picks. Kawhi is coming off a mystery injury and is acting like a little bitch. If he pulls a George, so be it.

Like Andrew said, Lebron James was the main prize this off season.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:16 pm

Rumor has it that Lakers actually passed on cousins because they didn't want to wait for him to recover, which makes sense. No point in having him for half a year on a one year deal.

Clippers have quietly put themselves in to the Leonard sweepstakes. They've freed up quite a bit of cap space for next summer
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:32 pm

Gotta respect the Logo man, he’s a killer.
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:38 pm

Lonzo Ball's Camp Might Have Leaked Meniscus Injury To Prevent Trade From Lakers

A report before the start of free agency indicated Lonzo Ball has a torn meniscus and might need surgery.

On his podcast, Adrian Wojnarowski suggested that injury was possibly leaked by Ball's camp to reduce the odds of a trade away from the Los Angeles Lakers.

"I know this: The team didn't want that information out. I don't believe, at least intentionally from upper management. Teams were trying to figure out what was going on with that knee and I don't think anyone wanted the Lakers to know.

"I think there's a belief around there that that information was put out there from around Ball's sphere to keep from getting traded. If teams knew he needed knee surgery, well, you're not trading for him. There was concern he might be put in a deal."

Bobby Marks added that he believes the Lakers signed Rajon Rondo, at least in part, due to injury concerns for Ball.

"The LaVar show is over," added Wojnarowski.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:25 am

Jackal wrote:Pop wants Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, 2 picks and right to swap 2 picks. Kawhi is coming off a mystery injury and is acting like a little bitch. If he pulls a George, so be it.

also responding to sauru...

sounds like a stuck between a rock and hard place situation. now lakers fans or whatever else's teams fans take the mantra of wait until the offseason to get lenard but nothing's a guarantee in the nba (ie Paul George). also understand not wanting to gut the team for a guy with a mysterious injury and possibly some attitude issues too
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Sauru on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:12 am

Jackal wrote:
Sauru wrote:i am amazed at all the laker fans that are ok with the team waiting a year for leonard when this exact situation just happened last season and it didnt work out for them at all. there is nothing at all that says leonard would not be happy with whatever team trades for him. if you can get a player of his talent level you have to do your best to make it happen. Dont over pay but also dont try to low ball either.

Pop wants Ingram, Kuzma, Hart, 2 picks and right to swap 2 picks. Kawhi is coming off a mystery injury and is acting like a little bitch. If he pulls a George, so be it.

well you cant blame pop for asking for all that and in fact he should get all that if not for him saying he only wants to go to the lakers. now i am not saying you should give everything away but low balling them is not the answer either. my comment is pointed towards the fans more than the teams though. i cant believe people are ok with waiting a year and hoping he signs then when they literally just said that about george and it back fired
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:30 am

If they do miss out on him next year though, they still have LeBron James for at least three of the next four seasons. That's what it comes down to. If Plan A is LeBron and Kawhi, and Plan B is LeBron and someone else, most fans are probably OK with the prospect of Plan B, because it still involves LeBron.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby jwin on Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:50 am

at this point at least, they should probably worry more about the potential chemistry issues with or without kawhi. if lonzo follows his dad's lead he's going to be in for a rude awakening. and contrary to reports that they're planning to plan lebron in new or different ways, it's likely going to end up his ball to do what he wants before long, maybe rightly so, and that potentially cancels rondo and lonzo's effectiveness, unless both can improve their outside shooting
jwin

Postby Sauru on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:50 pm

Andrew wrote:If they do miss out on him next year though, they still have LeBron James for at least three of the next four seasons. That's what it comes down to. If Plan A is LeBron and Kawhi, and Plan B is LeBron and someone else, most fans are probably OK with the prospect of Plan B, because it still involves LeBron.

yeah getting lebron is a win by itself. players will always gravitate towards him so with or without leonard they will be adding additional pieces next year anyway
Sauru

Postby Jackal on Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:07 pm

Sauru wrote:my comment is pointed towards the fans more than the teams though. i cant believe people are ok with waiting a year and hoping he signs then when they literally just said that about george and it back fired

Why is that such a shocker though? Like I said he’s coming off a suspect injury and he’s acting like a total bitch. Ingram has shown flashes of being decent, why not take a risk and see where that gets you? Like Andrew said, even if Leonard doesn’t come (and lands up on the Clippers), just Lebrons gravitas could lead to some decent signings.

The Lakers aren’t free agent leverage and spurn team anymore, they finally got someone and that makes not trading the team away for Leonard just fine. Even if he ends up not signing with them after the season. This isn’t Tim Duncan we talking about, it’s more Dwight Howard.

He could play a season and switch to the Clippers just as well, just don’t know with him. I was such a huge fan too.
Jackal

Postby Jackal on Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:44 am

This is a good read for fans who would wanna trade Ingram:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/7/6/ ... bron-james

Also I can’t wait to watch that sideline out of bounds play Randle and Ingram ran. Just replace Randle with James.

I can’t seem to find a video of it but they ran it a couple of times throughout the season and it worked like a beaut every time. Anyone know the play I’m talking about/where to find a video of it? Basically Ingram inbounds to Randle, Randle waits, Ingram sprints to the front of the rim from out of bounds and Randle passes to Ingram for the alley oop.
Jackal

Postby Patr1ck on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:25 am

Jackal wrote:This is a good read for fans who would wanna trade Ingram:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/7/6/ ... bron-james

Also I can’t wait to watch that sideline out of bounds play Randle and Ingram ran. Just replace Randle with James.

I can’t seem to find a video of it but they ran it a couple of times throughout the season and it worked like a beaut every time. Anyone know the play I’m talking about/where to find a video of it? Basically Ingram inbounds to Randle, Randle waits, Ingram sprints to the front of the rim from out of bounds and Randle passes to Ingram for the alley oop.

Ingram will do that on regular give and go plays as well. He gives it up and cuts straight to the basket and catches the oop.
Patr1ck
Administrator
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:40 am

Sauru wrote:
Jackal wrote:

well you cant blame pop for asking for all that and in fact he should get all that if not for him saying he only wants to go to the lakers. now i am not saying you should give everything away but low balling them is not the answer either. my comment is pointed towards the fans more than the teams though. i cant believe people are ok with waiting a year and hoping he signs then when they literally just said that about george and it back fired

It's better than trading everything good about the team and mortgaging the future for a guy who might not be 100% or might just leave after the year is over. Then you have nothing to show for the last 4 drafts and are back to square one. Or say he stays and you basically have the Cavs all over again as you have to fill the team with minimum deals and ring chasers

I loved that alley oop play. They'd run it off the opening tip too which caught people off guard. I miss randle already
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby jwin on Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:15 am

interesting quote from the pacers president

https://twitter.com/ScottAgness/status/ ... Frumors%2F
jwin

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:05 am

Probably not the best choice of words. It comes off as a little more dickish than he likely intended.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:10 pm

Should LeBron recruit Melo to the Lakers, I'm sure they can find a place for him.

"Bench is over that way."
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:39 pm

https://twitter.com/Schultz_Report/stat ... 1278346241

man lebron and carmelo on the same team? season over. lakers are champions once again
Sauru

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball