Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby air gordon on Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:44 am

listened to the lakers preview on the dunc'd on podcast. very strange they were debating if lbj will "try"on defense or "buy in". really strange. i think 55 wins was one of their guesses for best case scenario :o
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:09 pm

He does miss rotations sometimes. From the Cavs games I watched last year he seemed to take a play off here or there as well. He's getting up there in age, no doubt. But with more ball handlers on the team I really hope he'll not have to be it all. From what I've seen from Rondo, that shouldn't be an issue. Even Lance with his weird ass hopskip dance dribble seems all right.

Defensively is where they have to show up every night, especially since they seem to want to play at a manic pace. A McGee-James-Ingram-Hart-Lonzo line up should be fun to watch.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:30 am

Lance has been getting a lot of run as PG with Lonzo out and he has been pretty good
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:01 am

He's always been a good ballhander, the problem is when he starts chucking shots and doesn't stop.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Lonzo's changed up his shot, and is now shooting right-handed to boot. It looks rather promising.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:32 pm

Jackal wrote:He does miss rotations sometimes. From the Cavs games I watched last year he seemed to take a play off here or there as well. He's getting up there in age, no doubt. But with more ball handlers on the team I really hope he'll not have to be it all. From what I've seen from Rondo, that shouldn't be an issue. Even Lance with his weird ass hopskip dance dribble seems all right.

Defensively is where they have to show up every night, especially since they seem to want to play at a manic pace. A McGee-James-Ingram-Hart-Lonzo line up should be fun to watch.

as does everyone else in the league. heavy is the crown...
maybe it was the scheme/personnel in clev? it will be nice for a change to see a less ball dominant james (and uptempo pace) tbh i cant remember what that is like in a competitive game.

you guys want to see a lineup where james is the center?? mcgee is nice and all for a short stretch and no clue about the euro
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:56 am

True. It stood out to me because he has a habit of glaring at his teammates when it's clearly his missed rotation/his fault. But I haven't seen any of those so far with the Lakers.

I think Kuzma or Beas pick up the opposing center, ideally you'd want a James-Kuzma-Ingram-Hart/KCP-Zo/Rondo line up for the sake of switchability. But Kuzma has been trying to play the C and after the first game I think he asked Walton for another chance in follow up games to try again according to the Lakers broadcasters.

Still think they'll need to address that position as time goes on.

The Warriors/Lakers game was fun. KD is a fucking assassin, guy could drop 40 every night if he wanted to. One of the most effortless scorers I've ever seen. He's a bitch and all, but damn he's good.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:27 am

Yeah Kuz picked up a ton of quick fouls at center in that first game. Glad he's getting more chances at it. Ideally we'd like to pick up a big in free agency (ahem, Randle) as it is a position of need.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:08 am

So who will be the 2nd leading scorer? Kuzma or ingram?!

Lol@beasley getting ejected in a preseason game
Jump.
air gordon

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:14 pm

Likely Ingram with Kuzma getting that Bosh/Love role of having to adjust his game to whatever daddy LeBron and the team need
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Jackal on Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:25 am

air gordon wrote:So who will be the 2nd leading scorer? Kuzma or ingram?!

Ingram! And put some respek on Lance’s name, he got ejected, not Beas.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:22 am

They seem to be making it a point to feed Ingram
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:43 am

Jackal wrote:

sorry i get confused with those one year rentals ;)

thought i saw the booyah network's site project kuzma to score more than ingram. figured i ask y'all
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Lamrock on Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:06 am

I haven't been this excited for a regular season NBA game in years. So hyped for Blazers vs. Lakers
Lamrock

Postby [Q] on Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:43 am

air gordon wrote:
Jackal wrote:

sorry i get confused with those one year rentals ;)

thought i saw the booyah network's site project kuzma to score more than ingram. figured i ask y'all

No way. They're force feeding Ingram. He's going to put up numbers whether he wants to or not
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Hyperize] on Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Looked like a super fun game; bummed I didn't watch much of it. I had it going on my second monitor, but got stuck in a Jordan Rec game so could barely pay attention to it.

What were the takeaways? LeBron still being nonchalant and trying to get Ingram going? Feels like the Lakers are missing a player or something.
[Hyperize]

Postby [Q] on Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:09 pm

It was a really fun game to watch.
Big takeaway was the Lakers inability to score outside. They played like my strategy in recent NBA Live games: score inside at all costs. They scored high percentage shots to keep themselves in it but in the end they couldn't get stops. Josh Hart heated up in the 2nd half and showed what a lot of us what we already knew about him. Solid defense and that he's the best 3 point shooter on the team
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:16 am

Lamrock wrote:I haven't been this excited for a regular season NBA game in years.

It's the LeBron effect.
Seeing a game changing player still in his prime switch teams and even conferences to shift the balance of the league will always cause some degree of uncertainty and excitement (Warriors excluded from said balance).
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby [Hyperize] on Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:07 pm

Lakers have another fun game rn; I should just dedicate my life to watching them.
[Hyperize]

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:55 pm

Ingram got no chill
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Jackal on Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:58 am

Damn, that's not something you see very often from Tiny Dog. That was totally uncalled for.

4 games for Ingram, 3 for Rondo & 2 for CP3. Could have been a lot worse, I expected 10 at least for Ingram.

James Harden took over the game at the end for the Rockets, James looked a bit gassed at the end. Alas, 0-2 start.

They play competitive and fun though, love that Ball's 3 is dropping.

"Jason" Hart for starting 2 already damn, give that dude his due. McGee has been a pleasant surprise as well!
Jackal

Postby Jeffx on Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:09 am

The funniest part of that fight was seeing Carmelo doing his usual woofing act. Fake tough guy, lol.

Shannon Sharpe had me dying with his thought on the brawl in LA....

“You want this smoke? ...ok you bout to get it ..it’s bout to be a barbecue!”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W23QSMpHYU
Jeffx

Postby [Hyperize] on Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:51 pm

Another must-watch Lakers game; who knew the island of misfit toys would be so awesome?

Now I'm weird that I'm gonna point out this is like the second time I've seen NBA TV broadcast a game themselves, scoreboard and all; usually they just steal someone else's broadcast and you're lucky if they overlay their own scorecard, but they have Dennis Scott actually there and three other people calling the game from the studio... the power of LBJ. The shift to LA really brought some new life to the league; now just break up the Dubs.

LMA is so money from midrange it's crazy, and Carmelo could really learn a thing or two from Gay about how to adapt to a new role.

Edit: Of course my Spectrum app crashes as things start to get heated.
[Hyperize]

Postby [Q] on Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:34 pm

Damn, I missed the game tonight. Forgot it was happening. Watched the highlights and they were very exciting though. Who needs Rondo? Lonzo seemed to do pretty well. Kuz needs to start. He's a star. and Jonathan Williams had a good showing outplaying a lot of regulars. Good for him, he plays hard.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:06 am

whoa a Pop coached team scored and gave up that much

both bulls and lakers winless :|
Jump.
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball