Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby [Q] on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:21 pm

Sauru wrote:i hate the lakers so damn much. it has to be the easiest job in the world. everyone in the league wants to go there. they dont even have to be good and they still land top free agents. shit players still on contract openly talk of their desire to join the lakers totally killing their current teams chances of getting any value for them.

Lol that's because LA is the best place to live in the world. Everyone wants to live here.

At least we don't have to swindle other teams for free draft picks or legends

Calm down, old man. You guys have had quite a bit of luck these past couple of years.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:35 pm

[Q] wrote:At least we don't have to swindle other teams for free draft picks or legends

Well, there was Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol (the draft rights to Marc Gasol not withstanding). Also, the number one pick that became Magic Johnson in a trade that compensated them for the Jazz signing Gail Goodrich, the number one pick that became James Worthy in a trade with Cleveland involving no players of significance, and Vlade Divac for Kobe Bryant.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:20 am

Touché

OMG only an idiot would want to live in LA ;)

Randle and cap filler for George?! Maybe Ingram projects as a pf long-term??
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Bruce on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:03 pm

With regards to PG, if the rumors are true, and it is the Woj that is reporting it. The report says PG does not want to go anywhere but LA. If so, it sounds like all the Lakers have to do is make some lazy effort or send lame trade proposals to Indiana. Then if that falls through try to sign PG during the 2018 offseason instead.

I know it is ludicrous and near impossible, but a straight up Deng for PG swap is sure to set the discussion boards on fire. :lol:
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby Sauru on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:01 pm

paul george saying he wants to only play for the lakers could just be him killing his trade value on purpose so the team he eventually gets traded too will still be stacked when he gets there
Sauru

Postby Bruce on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:30 pm

Sauru, honestly I am not enamored with PG coming to LA if it will cost the Lakers to have to pawn a large chunk of the future again. But having a major FA expressing interest with joining the Lakers again, whew!
YEAH BOY!
Bruce

Postby big-shot-ROB on Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:50 pm

Why need a trade? When you can have him for free next summer? Let the Cavs trade for him, he wins a chip and then comes to the Lakers. You don't lose Randle or anyone neither no picks. And the guy doesn't give a f*k if you are not contenders right away because he already has the ring. GG
big-shot-ROB
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.

Postby air gordon on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:54 am

Because NBA players are fickle. Especially ones that want to live in la

A lot can happen from now and next year. You can't rule out he may End up like playing for whichever team that trades for him
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:02 am

Fuck my life. D-Lo and 28th for George when they could just wait to sign him in the off season.

Don't do it Magic/Rob.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:11 am

Sounds like the pacers have been trying to engage teams into a bidding war and it seems to be working. I mean, it sucks to give up stuff for him when you could just get him for free but a lot can happen in a year so it's no guarantee
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:28 am

That's true, he could just fall in love with the new team.

Clarkson, 28th and Black please.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:38 am

Sounds like dlo+28th for George is a pretty even trade but it's on the pacers to get something for him before he walks and they get nothing. I say they force the pacers to take moz or Deng too
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:31 am

I don't hate LA but Paul George is a bigger ass than KD and LBJ. WAH WAH WAH I AM ONLY PLAYING FOR LA SO EVERONE FUQ OFF!

Now let's sit and watch LA robbing other teams to depletion of talent and future, yet again.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Jackal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:51 am

Yeah, a dude going to play for his hometown team in hopes of following in his idols footsteps to bring a team back from the doldrums is so similar to a dude teaming up with two other super stars in their prime and a dude who almost beat a 72-10 team but ended up joining them citing the decision to be the hardest road.

You don't hate LA though. :lol:
Jackal

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:16 am

Just got notified by the bleacher report app. DLo and Mozgov to the Nets for Brook Lopez and the 27th first round pick. The amount of potential DLo has makes me wonder what the fuck just happened. Why in the name of God would you go for an aging Brook Lopez when you can play Randle and Lance Jr. and develop them into something better. What..the..fuck
Last edited by I Hate Mondays on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Jackal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:25 am

What the fuck.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:36 am

Wow, they must have been desperate to dump mozgovs contract. Ball does make Russell expendable, but damn. However, Brook is a solid solid center that will fit this year in the position that they are weakest and could be part of a really good team if they keep him and sign George.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:40 am

[Q] wrote:Wow, they must have been desperate to dump mozgovs contract. Ball does make Russell expendable, but damn. However, Brook is a solid solid center that will fit this year in the position that they are weakest and could be part of a really good team if they keep him and sign George.

If this move was made to free cap space and the Lakers actually sign PG13, nice. Could've been better, but nice.
If they can't land Paul George though, Magic Johnson is going dooown.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Jackal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:41 am

What the fuck!

Why you do this Magic baby? Why?
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:48 am

I Hate Mondays wrote:
[Q] wrote:Wow, they must have been desperate to dump mozgovs contract. Ball does make Russell expendable, but damn. However, Brook is a solid solid center that will fit this year in the position that they are weakest and could be part of a really good team if they keep him and sign George.

If this move was made to free cap space and the Lakers actually sign PG13, nice. Could've been better, but nice.
If they can't land Paul George though, Magic Johnson is going dooown.

Lopez's contract is expiring so there will be space to sign George outright, but it would be a bonus if we can keep Lopez too. Then the trade would be essentially DLo & Mozgov for Lopez, 27th pick, and George. Best case scenario, obviously, but that's a potential to get better really fast in just one years time. It would have taken Russell much longer than that to make a big improvement
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:52 am

I actually like this move. Better for Russell it was buss's signing of Moz was his ticket out of town instead of being a bust. Still think that guy will be a good player.

Lopez and randle down low will be an adventure for a year

Now dump Deng and here comes George and ljames
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:57 am

Has Lebron even said he wants to play for the Lakers?

Man, that kid is gonna be special. This truly sucks. #2, Ingram and Russell, that's all they didn't have to trade.

Guess that does solve the "which position will George play"...if George even lands up being a Laker.

If they threw away Russell for no George...damn. What the fuck.
Jackal

Postby Jackal on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:05 am

What's weird is this is basically the trade I made in my Lakers 2K franchise. I traded Ball and Moz to the Nets and Deng and Clarkson to the Suns and signed Cousins.

Why you do this Magic?
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:09 am

as a celtics fan i hate this trade
Sauru

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:10 am

Jackal wrote:Has Lebron even said he wants to play for the Lakers?

No, but his wife stated she wants to spend the rest of her days in LA or something. Most cases, a fact like this would be considered a joke in any free agency scenario. Not in Lebron's case though. His wife always has the last word and she is one hell of a woman
I Hate Mondays

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball