Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby Wolfy03 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:25 am

Michael Beasley agreed to join Lakers, via ESPN.
Wolfy03

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:03 am

Well, I guess that continues the summer of head cases

In all seriousness though, I've always liked Beasley even coming out of college and have been hoping for him to do well in the league.

These are your 2018-2019 Lakers:

James
Kuzma
Ingram
Hart
Ball

McGee
Wagner
Stephenson
Caldwell-Pope
Rondo

Beasley
Mykhailiuk
Zubac

Bonga
Deng

Caruso
2nd Two-Way player
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:34 am

LeBron Beasley combo gonna be tearing the league a new one.

phpBB [video]
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Hyperize] on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:41 pm

The more and more I think about the Deng thing the odder it gets; it's akin to a lost media story or something - one of the great two-way players still can't play? They're not rebuilding anymore, and even then don't rebuilding teams still play a few veterans?

I watched the exact video I was looking for, read this incredibly sad article and still have no clue what is going on; like this is the type of guy you don't shut down. Z-Bo was a borderline focal point for the Kings last season; even 40-year old Carter had a role - Deng is still in his early 30s.
[Hyperize]

Postby NovU on Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:34 pm

Deng and Rudy Gay should have made transition into 3 and D players just as Ariza. Stat driven league today are fully aware their numbers come at cost of efficiency.

Q, I like your starting line up but how do you think their defense will do?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:36 pm

There's no way they start that 5, but thats the best squad and they could possibly finish games with it. It's a lot like my favorite squad last year but with Randle instead of LeBron and like that team they would struggle against a lot of length. The few teams left with true centers. But then again it could just force the other team to go small as well. But LeBron would have a hard time matching up against all star centers like gobert or embiid
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Wolfy03 on Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:36 pm

I don't belive that they are going to start LeBron at the C, more like a PF. He would have a hard time defending the paint.
Wolfy03

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:29 am

Kuzma/McGee
Ingram/Beasley
LeBron/Stephenson
KCP/Hart
Ball/Rondo

Ingram played as a stretch 4, his lack of rebounding will be filled up by LeBron. They can switch on both forward spots anyway for matchups.
Unless it's against a traditional big matchup, then it's McGee and Kuzma at those spots or McGee and LeBron.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Jeffx on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:00 am

[Q] wrote:Well, I guess that continues the summer of head cases

That's going to be one fun locker room.

But seriously, WTF is Magic doing? I guess he thinks Lebron can make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t, but this isn't the Eastern conference.
Jeffx

Postby [Q] on Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:19 am

It's like a one year band aid to save the money for next summer. Unfortunately, no quality free agent will sign for only a year so we take what we can get
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:03 am

It's only one picture, but it certainly looks a little brighter and more saturated yellow than the gold from years past
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:10 am

I've come to accept these boys will be in their banana yellows more often than I care to see.
Jackal

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:08 pm

phpBB [video]
sticky-fingers

Postby [Q] on Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:38 am

Watched the debut of LeBron last night. Was hard to judge since they started rondo and there was no Wagner or Ball. They seemed to try to feed Ingram who will actually have to be a main source of points (with LeBron) in the starting lineup.
I like the difference of having McGee instead of a center who stands outside and Jack's up 3s and makes no effort to get to the rim.
Still can't really root for rondo but I do appreciate that he seems to care and plays hard (even if he's just trying to pad his assist numbers, which something he's done in the past)
KCP as still a waste of life. Can't wait till he's gone. Josh Hart is way better and actually plays his role and doesn't try to do too much
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:53 am

Taco Trey Kerby @treykerby

Don’t watch the overhead angle of the Kobe-Barnes no flinch unless you want it to be totally ruined.

Agent of NBA Chaos @World_Wide_Wob

He wasnt standing in front of him when he did it my whole life is a lie

So help me, if Allen Iverson was trying to avoid spilled Gatorade and didn't actually step over Tyronn Lue . . .
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby [Q] on Wed Oct 03, 2018 6:49 am

Except Matt Barnes is petty enough to drive 90 miles to whoop a former teammate's ass so that ball was definitely in Kobe's face
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:08 pm

Close enough, I'd say.

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:43 pm

[Q] wrote:Except Matt Barnes is petty enough to drive 90 miles to whoop a former teammate's ass so that ball was definitely in Kobe's face

tbf to Barnes Fisher was moving in on his wife when the divorce wasn't even finalized yet and it was Barnes kids that texted him of Fisher being in their house. It's not petty, Fisher deserved his ass beat.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby air gordon on Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:12 am

mcgee is a nice change but the Joker schooled that guy on several occasions. Kuzma at center should be fun even it's an inadvertent tactic to get mr james to play that position.

hoping for that ingram breakout. mr james plz don't ruin this guy

edit

the rondo stat hunter rep is from his sacto days. his "problem" is he won't shoot sometimes but IMO he just doesn't try often because his diminishing scoring skills.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:49 am

I also remember in Boston he had a streak of games with X amount of assists and he got mad that Doc took him out. He's definitely a stat padder.

I forgot what it was like to have a center who tries to shoot inside. It's a nice change from a center who camps on the 3 point line and jacks up 3s

shadowgrin wrote:
[Q] wrote:Except Matt Barnes is petty enough to drive 90 miles to whoop a former teammate's ass so that ball was definitely in Kobe's face

tbf to Barnes Fisher was moving in on his wife when the divorce wasn't even finalized yet and it was Barnes kids that texted him of Fisher being in their house. It's not petty, Fisher deserved his ass beat.

Oh I completely agree with you there. Fisher isn't exactly the most stand-up guy.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:35 am

they are all stat padders. even mr nice guy grant hill said in the week leading to his HOF induction said he would check the previous games box scores to see if Kidd got a triple double and would try to get one himself in his next game

you almost have to trade in a traditional post playing center in favor of a floor spacer if rondo is the starting PG
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:00 am

Sure, a floor spacing big sounds nice in theory, but maybe only in certain matchups against small ball or 3 point shooting teams. With all these playmakers I prefer a big like McGee getting fed easy high percentage buckets down low, kinda like the shots Randle was getting for himself last year as opposed to having a big who shoots 30-35 percent from 3 jacking them up. If the projected starting lineup of McGee, LeBron, Ingram, KCP, and Ball/Rondo happens, LeBron and Ingram would have to shoulder the scoring load. That would be a tough task and that lineup would have a hard time scoring especially against the rockets and warriors so think they should start Hart who is better and more efficient than KCP
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:03 am

yeah fair points. interesting teams to pick as an example. houston was very good at defense. 'i think any good defense can defend better a laker lineup featuring 2 non shooters in Rondo and Mcgee. i am on board with getting hart in there

id like to see some pick and rolls with james setting the pick.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:19 pm

air gordon wrote:hoping for that ingram breakout. mr james plz don't ruin this guy

All I want from this season. Build chemistry, grow as a unit and try to get as many wins as possible while developing good habits.

https://streamable.com/qgejq

Slender Man having some fun.

David West using Josh Hart as a sign to hang up the jersey for good was nice too. Said it last year; he's better than KCP in this switch heavy style of play because he can hold his own in the post against most players down there. I'd rather have Hart start with KCP off the bench.

Zubac/Kuzma at the backup is worrying though. Plumlee went 11/11 against the Lakers. They need another mobile big.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:31 pm

Plumlee's dominance was all Zubac. And they made no adjustments after he got on a roll. Zubac would be slow and lazy on the hedge/trap and Plumlee had wide open lanes to the basket
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball