Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Lakers Thread

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:08 pm

Los Angeles Lakers Thread
Last edited by Fresh8 on Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:48 pm, edited 20 times in total.
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Bang on Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:41 pm

Kobe is such a high school kid...I mean, kicking the water bottle wtf. That's like "I don't want to practice anymore..." *cries in a corner and writes "I hate PJ" in his diary*
Bored.
Bang

Postby Kobe101 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:12 pm

Good for the Lakers. There gonna need it!
"As long as their is people their will always be war."
Kobe101

Postby Malfa on Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:35 pm

kobe..what a puss
Malfa

Postby BOSS on Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:36 pm

Good for Odom of becoming a leader. I thought Kobe's work ethics would change but seems like he hasn't. Hopefully he can change throughout the season, being a more mature leader and veteren on the team. But people get mad sometimes at practices so ye.
Last edited by BOSS on Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOSS

Postby beau_boy04 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:52 pm

if Kobe really did kick the bottle then that's a really bad sign. Let's hope that was only an overreaction and nothing else.
beau_boy04

Postby Jugs on Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:29 pm

It's only a fucking bottle :lol:
Jugs

Postby YoG! on Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:37 pm

good for odom what he did but bryant did bad still hope he can change his ways
YoG!

Postby Laxation on Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:42 pm

Bang wrote:and writes "I hate PJ" in his diary*

lmao

hey, i know! because of that, lakers can waive bryant, and pistons can sign him :cool:

what... bad idea?
Laxation
Just wants to Tri-Force

Postby Doobie on Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:31 pm

If the Pistons sign Kobe , say goodbye to their team game .
New York Knicks
Doobie
didn't do it.

Postby magius on Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:44 pm

i really like odom's skillset, i hope he can improve fundementally.

i know this is unrelated, but if artest can play offensively for a whole season the paul peirce-like way he was playing before the 'incident', i honestly would take him over bryant.
magius

Postby Jackal on Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:42 pm

Sometimes I just have wet dreams about LA trading Kobe's ass. His attitude doesn't outweigh his skills. I'd rather have a more likable person representing my team instead of a guy that can put up incredible individual stats.
Jackal

Postby Fresh8 on Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:44 pm

LA Times wrote:Looming Reunion With Wizards Puts Brown Into the Spotlight

It's only an exhibition game against the Washington Wizards, one that would matter to the Lakers mainly for triangle-offense continuity if Phil Jackson had been the only off-season acquisition.

But because Kwame Brown was also picked up over the summer, there's added intrigue, between a player and his former team.

Drafted No. 1 overall by the Wizards in 2001, Brown was unloaded in August, sent west for Caron Butler and Chucky Atkins, who will both get quality time this season for the Wizards.

Brown will be a starter, and a story line, Tuesday in Bakersfield.

He recently acknowledged he ditched practice during last season's playoffs because he feared he would physically harm All-Star teammate Gilbert Arenas, who told Wizard Coach Eddie Jordan not to insert him into a playoff game, according to Brown.

Brown was suspended for the rest of the playoffs, effectively ending his four-year stay with the Wizards.

Tuesday, there will be Arenas, Brown, Jordan, and the lingering concept of expectations gone asunder.

"No ill will," Brown said Sunday. "I'll go shake [Arenas'] hand. I'll go shake the whole team's hand. Regardless of how some of the players might feel about me or I feel about them, we're professionals."

The Lakers could play the Wizards again Friday if both teams win games Thursday as part of a four-team exhibition tournament at Staples Center.

"I'm kind of glad it came early," Brown said. "Sometimes you can get overzealous against a team that you've been traded from and it can work in reverse. You want to do so well that it doesn't happen for you. I just want to go out and try to stay calm and stay patient."

The Lakers and Wizards play a game that counts Dec. 16 at Staples Center, during which time the Lakers might still be digesting the concept of the triangle.

"We don't have our timing right," Brown said. "Everybody's just looking for Kobe [Bryant], including myself. That would be tough on him, for us to ask him just to run the whole offense and score between three people like he sometimes has to do. We've got to be able to flow."

Brown, who averaged 7.7 points and 5.5 rebounds through four pro seasons, is trying to do some adjusting of his own.

"This is such a learning experience for him," Jackson said. "He's still in a situation where he's in a learner's mode, so things instinctively, he's not doing. He's still trying to figure out if he's in the right spot at the right time. We see some essence of what he can be."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lakers finished practice Sunday without running extra sprints, without Jackson walking off the court in disgust and without Bryant booting a water bottle in frustration.

"Today we did a much better job of zeroing in and retaining information," Bryant said. "It was a little too loose [Saturday], more loose than I like it to be. Today we got back on track."

- Sweet, Lakers take on the Wizards... I think LA will win and Kwame will shock them... pretty high hopes, I do admit.

Press-Telegram wrote:Pippen gone

The Lakers' coaching staff looked a little less legendary , with Scottie Pippen returning home from his job as training-camp consultant. It has not been decided if Pippen will return later in the season, but Jackson said his former player enjoyed his work.

Asked if he could see Pippen working somewhere as an assistant next year, Jackson added: "If he wants to. I think he'll have opportunities to do a variety of things, color commentating or coaching."
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby cyanide on Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:36 pm

Instead, Odom rallied the team to return and practice free throws, with the exception of Kobe Bryant, who walked off the court after kicking a water bottle.

:lol: That's too funny.

"This is such a learning experience for him," Jackson said. "He's still in a situation where he's in a learner's mode, so things instinctively, he's not doing."

I think I've heard that about Kwame too many times :roll:
if you were killed tomorrow, i WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN THE MOTHA FUCKER THAT KILLED U!
......|..___________________, ,
....../ `---______----|]
...../==o;;;;;;;;______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//
WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER
cyanide
Dat steatopygous

Postby Cloudy on Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:39 pm

Probably Kobe was the only guy hitting the free throws, frustrated of other teammates missing causing him to run extra.. :lol:
cloudy
Cloudy

Postby Indy on Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:41 pm

magius wrote:i know this is unrelated, but if artest can play offensively for a whole season the paul peirce-like way he was playing before the 'incident', i honestly would take him over bryant.

Interesting point. You lose 4-5 points with the switch, but you get more of a lockdown defensive guy...

Very interesting...
Indy

Postby Cloudy on Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:58 pm

What happened to Paul Pierce?
cloudy
Cloudy

Postby putodelagoa on Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:20 am

Indy wrote:
magius wrote:i know this is unrelated, but if artest can play offensively for a whole season the paul peirce-like way he was playing before the 'incident', i honestly would take him over bryant.

Interesting point. You lose 4-5 points with the switch, but you get more of a lockdown defensive guy...

Very interesting...

Let's put our bias towards Bryant on the shelve for a while, shall we? Artest may be a gifted offensive player and a great defender, but Bryant can defend, when motivated, as well as Artest, even if he has to relly on other physical gifts that not sheer bulk to do his job. He puts his competitive fire on the court, and not in his fists. Offense wise, he's a game changer, and much more regular than Artest. Simply put, maybe Bryant will indeed become one of the best 2 guards ever, if not the best, as long as he puts his personal agenda behind his back and learns to trust the guy with the 9 titles. As for Artest, I would not trade the 3rd year Pippen for him.
putodelagoa

Postby EGarrett on Tue Oct 18, 2005 2:31 am

Considering I was at a club Saturday and Lamar Odom was there trying to pick up a table-dancer and gawking at her like a little boy...I doubt he's really that focused on basketball.

(and yes, that's true. Jumaine Jones was there also)
EGarrett

Postby Its_asdf on Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:54 am

Jumaine Jones was there also

Anyone but Jumaine Jones! :shock:
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby cyanide on Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:30 am

EGarrett wrote:Considering I was at a club Saturday and Lamar Odom was there trying to pick up a table-dancer and gawking at her like a little boy...I doubt he's really that focused on basketball.

Interesting stuff.. It's always neat to hear about NBA players in their normal lives outside of basketball. Like Dirk Nowitzki and Steve Nash making faces and sticking their middle finger to somebody with a digicam... or about Magic Johnson fucking a girl before and after a game, etc.
if you were killed tomorrow, i WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN THE MOTHA FUCKER THAT KILLED U!
......|..___________________, ,
....../ `---______----|]
...../==o;;;;;;;;______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//
WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER
cyanide
Dat steatopygous

Postby EGarrett on Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:32 am

Yeah it was pretty cool. Jumaine Jones is 6'8" but somehow no one noticed him or paid any attention to him.
EGarrett

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:38 am

cyanide wrote:Magic Johnson fucking a girl before and after a game

Now that's SHOWTIME! :shock:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby cklitsie on Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:04 am

EGarrett wrote:Considering I was at a club Saturday and Lamar Odom was there trying to pick up a table-dancer and gawking at her like a little boy...I doubt he's really that focused on basketball.
Yeah, he should go to that club and stare at a basketball the whole time (or at Jumaine Jones?) or better yet stay in the arena running laps for Phil all day. :?
cklitsie

Postby Its_asdf on Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:26 am

Yeah it was pretty cool. Jumaine Jones is 6'8" but somehow no one noticed him or paid any attention to him.

It's Jumaine Jones. That's why.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball