Lakers Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Lakers Thread

Postby Jackal on Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:02 pm

[Q] wrote:I'm sorry but after that performance if they got Leonard it's a guaranteed title lol

Jackal

Postby air gordon on Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:05 am

Jackal wrote:AD wants to play the 4 but he'll probably play a lot of minutes at the 5 at the end of games. I get him not wanting to be a full time 5 given his health and I'd prefer if they had a legit 5 on the roster. Heck even a big like McGee could come back. Robin Lopez/DeAndre Jordan..enough

An interesting situation since LBJ best position on defense is at PF. I say just leave AD at center. Lumbering men are nearly extinct and his defense is better utilized helping off a center vs a perimeter shooting pf.

Spend some peanuts on a reserve traditional big imo
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jackal on Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:16 am

I completely agree, a traditional big would basically be there much like GS. I’m thinking more load management for AD during the season against the Steven Adams/Kanter/Jordan.

A majority of the time the team will definitely be AD/James/Kuz/G/G.

Remains to be seen how Pelinka fills the rest of the roster. Can’t believe he messed up the trade with the Pelicans by not accounting for a third max slot. For someone touted to be a CBA expert, he’s been underwhelming.

They got AD in spite of management.

Also the Rambi being that entrenched in decision making is just sickening.

It’s a good thing they are in LA. These fuckers would get no one if they were in Minnesota or so.

Depending on how they fill the rest of the roster is how I’ll judge Pelinka. For now he’s ranking super low. He also signed off on the dumbass roster moves under Magic.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:58 am

hearing lakers fans complain about pelinka and cap space after landing AD....

i think Bill Simmons is coming out with yet another podcast lambasting the trade lol
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby NovU on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:04 pm

I think I just became a Lakers fan, not just a regular one but perhaps the most loyal one ever by all highest standard. drops the mic

C'mon Kawhi, come to the La La land.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Kevin on Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:55 pm

FUCK THIS GAY EARTH
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby [Q] on Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:44 pm

Lol my friends are so upset, but I figure we still get Davis, so Leonard was a bonus. We all figured he was going to the Clippers before the Lakers rumors started so he used that as leverage
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:21 pm

Lakers have also picked up Danny Green, so there's some shooting.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:52 am

Yeah, and that was initially what we needed before the Kawhi hoopLA started, so mission accomplished, I say.

Troy Daniels also adds shooting off the bench for cheap. That was such an Achilles heel last year, especially free throw shooting in close games
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:32 am

And now, DeMarcus Cousins.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Breems on Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:37 pm

Are we doing the '17-18 Pelicans + LeBron?
Breems
Back in my day...

Postby NovU on Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:58 am

Looking back at the recent Lakers players traded/left in order for us to have what we currently have, do we Lakers fans miss any particular player much?

DLo
Randle
Hart
Lonzo
Ingram

Who else?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby [Q] on Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:49 pm

Hart
Randle
Clarkson

Mostly Hart, because of the way he played defense and played the right way in general
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Thu Nov 28, 2019 12:15 am

Ingram

NOLA got a good one in that dude.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:21 am

All star year for him so far. Glad he was able to put it together and succeed. This is what we imagined him to be
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Thu Nov 28, 2019 2:41 am

For sure. He’s added three as well and I honestly believe he’s gonna be one of the top players in the league in the coming years.
Jackal

Postby Jackal on Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:25 pm

This season has been a stinkfest. Don't understand how they would blatantly disrespect Westbrook by not even guarding him and then thought "hey, this guy is gonna contribute to winning basketball."

I miss Caruso.
Jackal

Postby Jeffx on Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:06 am

Rondo on his way to Cleveland for Denzel Valentine;

https://www.si.com/nba/2021/12/31/rajon ... -cavaliers
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:40 am

Iam just waiting for a team to give the Lakers a lifeline like a Pau Gasol type deal something for next to nothing and my guess is the Pistons offer up Grant to help turn the Lakers season around
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:43 pm

mp3 wrote:Iam just waiting for a team to give the Lakers a lifeline like a Pau Gasol type deal something for next to nothing and my guess is the Pistons offer up Grant to help turn the Lakers season around

Incredibly, it didn't happen this time! I don't think anyone was feeling charitable enough, not to mention the Lakers don't have the picks to trade. Westbrook - the most likely big name to be dealt - didn't exactly help his stock this year, either. At the same time, it's unfair to make him the sole scapegoat. Injuries took their toll, but this season really became about LeBron's chase of the all-time scoring record rather than chemistry and competing.

It was interesting to see the narrative evolve from "the league is trembling, this team could win 70 games!" to "well, they're old, what can you expect?". I mean, the second statement isn't inaccurate, and some people were saying that to begin with, but it also felt like a lot of excuses we made after so much brash talk. That they continued to be the focus of NBA discussion thanks to the Play-In Tournament was frankly a bit disrespectful to the rest of the league and teams that were winning and worth talking about, but I've already made my thoughts on the Play-In clear elsewhere.

Of course, there is some intrigue as to what happens here moving forward. Presumably LeBron stays put and breaks Kareem's record next year, but then opting out to try and join a contender isn't unthinkable either. As I said, the Lakers don't have their picks, and their best trade assets are banged up, lacking in appeal, and with huge contracts. Staying healthy would at least help them be competitive, but I get the feeling it's all about The LeBron Show until he retires or moves on again in a year's time.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball