If All Star voting ends NOW...

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby BlackWing on Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:21 am

Big Answer wrote:
Cudacke wrote:
what rules ??
Kobe was starting while benching on the lakers years ago.
Maybe you need to check out the dictionary about the word "favorite".

That's what I'm just saying........chinese voted for their "favorite" player, and as they're numerous, Yao got lots of votes......now this is the truth......unfortunately. Shaq won't play this AS Game.... becoz of them

"In a development that is nothing short of stunning, Yao landed ahead of Hall of Famer - and resident dominant big man - Shaquille O'Neal in the first tabulation of the All-Star voting. Cynical Lakers fans charge the anti-Laker Western Conference is ganging up on Shaq Daddy. There may be a shred of truth to that, but be advised it is not a result of the Asian population stuffing the ballot box. The NBA tracks this sort of thing, and, according to Terry Lyons, vice president of international relations, most of the votes Yao received were from Americans."

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/013/s ... ved+.shtml

very interesting read 8)
BlackWing

Postby Big Answer on Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:40 am

Very sad for america...........! :cry:
Big Answer

Postby Rens on Wed Jan 15, 2003 2:23 am

Clindrew wrote:No you wouldn't because people would vote for the best dunkers so they can have a show. Not old guys that can barely dunk anymore.

But what if they wanna see MJ for one last time trying to dunk? (As with the current All Star vote, fans vote who they want to see not who deserves it most as you said, so the players that would be the best dunkers wouldn't get voted in) Would be funny though.

Clindrew wrote:
A healthy Vince Carter would deserve playing in the all star game.

Not on his current form.

That's why I said healthy

Clindrew wrote:
T-Mac, Iverson, Kidd, Allen, etc etc all deserve it more.

Yes they do, and that is why they are playing.

But you said...
Clindrew wrote:VC and Hill won't be playing, well if they have any respect for their teams they won't. That would open a forward spot for MJ. Jermaine O'Neal should get the other so they have a bit of size.

Clindrew wrote:
I see you'd rather have it the other way around... fine by me

You wanna tell me what this rape shit is about. Not another of your great jokes. :roll:

I was merely stating a fact, but you didn't agree with it. Or maybe you do but just want to disagree with me? That remark wasn't insulting or anything at all, it was closer to a compliment than anything else, what man would want to get raped? Appearantly I've found one :wink:
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby MC Hao on Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:16 am

Let Shaq do his show and make Yao eat his words!!!!.

What did Yao say :?: :?:
MC Hao

Postby TheBob on Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:36 am

I highly doubt Yao said anything considering he's not exactly fluent in english.
TheBob

Postby benji on Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:21 am

I heard he can speak some English now...mainly basketball terms and basic words...

Anyway...Clinton(Clindrew?) has far too much optimism that people will know let alone pick players that deserve anything. I mean the majority of people on here foolishly still believe that Kidd was more valuable to the Nets last year than Duncan was to the Spurs. And about the same percentage believe that Kobe or McGrady are the best players in the league despite the factual proof. As long as fans can vote for anything we will see the more hyped players more so than anyone more deserving.

No one can really determine anyone deserving anyway, so just let the coaches pick, that way we can criticize them.
benji

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 15, 2003 6:42 pm

I'm not where this Clindrew stuff is coming from, because I've tested the quote user button on Clinton's posts, and it sure as hell doesn't come up as Clindrew. Perhaps the whole joke is that Clinton and I are the same person. I assure you we are not, though as I've mentioned before we are members of the same family, but beyond that, I'm not going to any lengths to prove it, if that's what you want to believe.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Clinton on Wed Jan 15, 2003 8:26 pm

Would be funny though.

What seeing MJ get his arse kicked in a dunk comp?

But you said...
Clindrew wrote:
VC and Hill won't be playing, well if they have any respect for their teams they won't. That would open a forward spot for MJ. Jermaine O'Neal should get the other so they have a bit of size.

Where in that statement do I make a comment about TMac, Iverson, Kidd or Allen not deserving it?

what man would want to get raped? Appearantly I've found one

Such a funny guy. :lol: Where did I agree that I wanted to be raped?? Can you please stop with the shit. I don't really see why you had to bring rape up. Maybe you can't come up with any decent arguments so you just decide to rip someone off until they get sick of your shit and stop posting in the thread. I'm not going to do that. I am also not going to be made fun of for no apparent reason.

Clinton(Clindrew?)

Not another person who doesn't know where that is coming from.

As long as fans can vote for anything we will see the more hyped players more so than anyone more deserving.

My point exactly. They want a show. Not solid, textbook basketball by the most deserving players.

No one can really determine anyone deserving anyway, so just let the coaches pick, that way we can criticize them.

Good idea.
Clinton

Postby Rens on Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:27 am

Clinton wrote:
Would be funny though.

What seeing MJ get his arse kicked in a dunk comp?

Yes

Clinton wrote:Where in that statement do I make a comment about TMac, Iverson, Kidd or Allen not deserving it?

You didn't say they didn't deserve it you said it would open up a spot for MJ not for them. Only two of those four players can be starters... two that deserve to be in the all star game more than Jordan but weren't mentioned...Not mentioning them equals saying MJ deserves it more when you say MJ deserves it.

Clinton wrote:Such a funny guy. :lol: Where did I agree that I wanted to be raped?? Can you please stop with the shit. I don't really see why you had to bring rape up. Maybe you can't come up with any decent arguments so you just decide to rip someone off until they get sick of your shit and stop posting in the thread. I'm not going to do that. I am also not going to be made fun of for no apparent reason.

I have already come up with better arguments than you. You've never argumented why MJ deserves to be in the All Star game, though you did say that.
You didn't need to continue about the rape thing it was just some loose remark to bring some spirit into the argument.. and it was true. Then with you not acknowledging that I drew a conclusion.

Clinton wrote:Not another person who doesn't know where that is coming from.

Maybe he does

Clinton wrote:

Good idea.

I think I'm onto Ben's thought here... that way we can criticize the coaches... and change the system to let fans vote... and criticize them... and change... and ...
Last edited by Rens on Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby Rens on Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:28 am

Clinton wrote:

Hey now it does work... :roll:
Rens

Postby Bill Russell on Thu Jan 16, 2003 12:18 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Carter is back at full strength 3 days before the All-Star game...
Bill Russell

Postby Clinton on Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:05 pm

You didn't say they didn't deserve it you said it would open up a spot for MJ not for them.

None of those players are forwards.

I have already come up with better arguments than you.

:lol:

You didn't need to continue about the rape thing

Yes I did. I don't like it to be suggested that I would want to be raped.

bring some spirit into the argument..

Talking about someone getting raped. Real spirited.

Maybe he does

What's with the question mark then?? :?

Hey now it does work...

Well look at that.

I wouldn't be surprised if Carter is back at full strength 3 days before the All-Star game...

That would be convenient wouldn't it. :wink:
Clinton

Postby Bill Russell on Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:17 pm

No it wouldn't Clinton... But consider he's a crybaby... Who should be rehabbing his knees but instead went to a rap concert... So it's possible...
Bill Russell

Postby Clinton on Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:24 pm

It would show again how much respect he had for his team.
Clinton

Postby TheBob on Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:36 pm

Guys, for those of you who don't know Carter wants to get back out there and play but the medical staff won't even let him practice right now. I believe that Grunwald may be keeping him out for a few more weeks in order to secure a top draft pick.
TheBob

Postby benji on Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:44 pm

A rap concert lasts what...two hours? You can't rehab your knees 24/7...and part of knee rehab is walking and using the knees...
benji

Postby Rens on Thu Jan 16, 2003 7:17 pm

Clinton wrote:
You didn't say they didn't deserve it you said it would open up a spot for MJ not for them.

None of those players are forwards.
T-Mac can play SF to make room. Ben Wallaca isn't a C either.

Clinton wrote:
I have already come up with better arguments than you.

:lol:

Thanks for proving my point. Ignoring the things I said after that, not showing any of your so called great arguments, and coming up with that great smiley (glad you found it) as your argument.

Clinton wrote:Yes I did. I don't like it to be suggested that I would want to be raped.

I said you wouldn't get raped.. try to read for a change.

Clinton wrote:
bring some spirit into the argument..

Talking about someone getting raped. Real spirited.

Well it got you spirited... :roll:

Clinton wrote:What's with the question mark then?? :?

You hold Shift and press the /-key.. simple as that.

Clinton wrote:Well look at that.

I bet someone edited my posts to change it into Clindrew but once I got onto them they quit doing it :x

Clinton wrote:That would be convenient wouldn't it. :wink:

Hatuh!

Tales wrote:Who should be rehabbing his knees but instead went to a rap concert

He only stood on the stage, didn't jump up and down or whatever just stood there moving around a little. Wait I forgot... you're not allowed to have a good time when you're rehabbing, you just have to sit in your chair and stare at the wall... when you're not in the gym ofcourse, where yuo should be at least 16 hours a day.
Rens

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 16, 2003 8:20 pm

I bet someone edited my posts to change it into Clindrew but once I got onto them they quit doing it

No real advantage in Yohance or myself doing that, and I don't edit any posts but my own.

So in one breath you accuse someone of not contributing meaningful posts (ie. reading exactly what you said and responding with arguments) and then proceed to do the same thing.

The whole rape thing seemed pretty weird, seeing as though it had nothing to do with the preceeding posts, but as they weren't messages addressed to me, I didn't really think it worth acknowleding. For the record, I don't think it was a really necessary part of the conversation.

He only stood on the stage, didn't jump up and down or whatever just stood there moving around a little. Wait I forgot... you're not allowed to have a good time when you're rehabbing, you just have to sit in your chair and stare at the wall... when you're not in the gym ofcourse, where yuo should be at least 16 hours a day.

I don't think that was the implication. We were given the impression that the injury was severe, as most players don't go down in great pain just running back on D unless there's some kind of unpleasant injury. When Vince was reported as having made an appearance and danced at that concert, most people probably thought/realised the injury was not as serious as first thought, and came to the conclusion (justified or not) that Vince's commitment to rehabbing the injury and to his team was below expectations for a professional athlete of his calibre. Again, I'm not saying that's a correct assumption, but likely one a lot of people have made.

Clinton wrote:
That would be convenient wouldn't it.

Hatuh!

Again, after accusing someone of saying something unnecessary or unintelligent, you address something someone said in response to another point, and something that wasn't supposed to be arguing a point.

I'm familiar with these games. They're not all that fun.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Clinton on Thu Jan 16, 2003 10:28 pm

T-Mac can play SF to make room.

He is voted in as a guard. They can't now move him to forward because the forwards are injured. They put the two next highest vote getting forwards in the lineup.

Ben Wallaca isn't a C either.

When did I say he was?

Well it got you spirited...

Wonder why? Would it get you spirited?

Ever thought of a career in comedy? And you are saying I can't make a decent response. Ben didn't know (or I assume he didn't know) where you were getting the Clintdrew shit from. That is why he wrote "Clintdrew?"

I bet someone edited my posts to change it into Clindrew but once I got onto them they quit doing it

Can you just admit you were trying to point something out (Me and Andrew being the same person) or trying to be funny (and failing miserably.)

I'm familiar with these games. They're not all that fun.

Ohh, you don't think so. I think they're freaking hilarious. :roll:
Clinton

Postby Rens on Thu Jan 16, 2003 11:56 pm

Andrew wrote:

So in one breath you accuse someone of not contributing meaningful posts (ie. reading exactly what you said and responding with arguments) and then proceed to do the same thing.

I was right though... and that wasn't a point that was being argumented.

Andrew wrote:

I don't think that was the implication. We were given the impression that the injury was severe, as most players don't go down in great pain just running back on D unless there's some kind of unpleasant injury. When Vince was reported as having made an appearance and danced at that concert, most people probably thought/realised the injury was not as serious as first thought, and came to the conclusion (justified or not) that Vince's commitment to rehabbing the injury and to his team was below expectations for a professional athlete of his calibre. Again, I'm not saying that's a correct assumption, but likely one a lot of people have made.

Yes and that assumption you've just summed up was exactly the one that I was trying to prove wrong.

Andrew wrote:
Clinton wrote:
That would be convenient wouldn't it.

Hatuh!

Again, after accusing someone of saying something unnecessary or unintelligent, you address something someone said in response to another point, and something that wasn't supposed to be arguing a point.

I wasn't taking it out of context I was talking about Carter. Clinton saying "Oh yes it would be convenient that Carter would return 3 weeks before the All Star (well he agreed with Tales about it, same thing) for no appearant reason other than hating/disliking Carter... but I didn't know calling someone a Hatuh was on the black list these days.

Andrew wrote:I'm familiar with these games. They're not all that fun.

Games? Discussion.

Clinton wrote:He is voted in as a guard. They can't now move him to forward because the forwards are injured. They put the two next highest vote getting forwards in the lineup.

I think Mashburn and Walker should be considered over Jordan, their teams have better records, and they have better stats.

Clinton wrote:
Ben Wallaca isn't a C either.
When did I say he was?

Wallace isn't a C but will play C in the All Star game that's what I was referring to to draw comparison to this situation.

Clinton wrote:
Well it got you spirited...
Wonder why? Would it get you spirited?

If someone tells me I wouldn't get raped I would be glad to know that, because I don't like those kind of practices.

Clinton wrote:Ever thought of a career in comedy?

Actually, in High School me and two friends were considered the funniest people in the universe. Seriously.

Clinton wrote:Can you just admit you were trying to point something out (Me and Andrew being the same person) or trying to be funny (and failing miserably.)

Ok I admit.

Clinton wrote:Ohh, you don't think so. I think they're freaking hilarious.

Games? Discussion.
Rens

Postby EGarrett on Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:01 am

He is voted in as a guard. They can't now move him to forward because the forwards are injured. They put the two next highest vote getting forwards in the lineup.

Um, no they don't. The All-Star team's coach decides who starts. That's why Jason Kidd started last year, Byron Scott put him in.

If your East starters as voted are Ben Wallace, Hill, Carter, T-Mac and Iverson...and Hill and Carter are injured...I'd start Jermaine O'Neal and Kidd (a good-size C and a point guard...and also the two best players on the two best teams in the East) in their place and have McGrady play as a forward...
EGarrett

Postby Drex on Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:19 am

Um, no they don't. The All-Star team's coach decides who starts. That's why Jason Kidd started last year, Byron Scott put him in.

i thought the people decides whos starting....

and kidd started because carter was injured
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby SpItFiRe on Fri Jan 17, 2003 8:41 am

The starting five are decided by the fans. The remaining players are chosen by the respective conference coaches.
SpItFiRe

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 17, 2003 10:55 am

I didn't know calling someone a Hatuh was on the black list these days.

It's not, and I'm sorry if I came off sounding like I was reprimanding or warning, because as far as I'm concerned, no guidelines have been violated in this conversation, by anyone. At any rate, I more or less understand what you're saying now. :)

Anyway...

EGarrett is correct, when starters are injured, their replacements/next highest vote getters do not automatically get to start. The respective coaches get to choose who will fill the vacant spots in the starting lineup once the reserves (and if necessary, replacements) are announced.
Last edited by Andrew on Fri Jan 17, 2003 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Clinton on Fri Jan 17, 2003 12:34 pm

Clinton saying "Oh yes it would be convenient that Carter would return 3 weeks before the All Star (well he agreed with Tales about it, same thing) for no appearant reason other than hating/disliking Carter.

I also wasn't aware that hating on a player was not allowed.

I think Mashburn and Walker should be considered over Jordan, their teams have better records, and they have better stats.

They should be because of the reasons you listed. I guess it's up to the fans and coaches.

But don't worry... no one will ever rape you.

Well can you please explain the reason behind writing the above post? What did it have to do with the "discussion". As far as I can tell it came out of nowhere.

Ok I admit.

Finally.

Um, no they don't. The All-Star team's coach decides who starts.

My mistake.

I'd start Jermaine O'Neal and Kidd (a good-size C and a point guard...and also the two best players on the two best teams in the East) in their place and have McGrady play as a forward...

That's the way I would go. It would give the East more size so they can compete against the talented West frontline. It would also give the East a true point to give the scorers the ball. (Iverson is not known for his playmaking.)
Clinton

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball