Washington Wizards

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby benji on Sat Jan 11, 2003 7:08 am

scubilete, you don't speak English very well at all (or at least don't write it very well on here) I mean, look at this:
you should understand that also now you living somewhere where English is spoken you should be able to understand that


Anyway, on to the trades:
The Hawks one would never be done by Atlanta since they'd be giving up a quality (if oft-injured) center, a possibly soon to be all-star at the one/two for Jerry Stackhouse (White is useless, Jeffries is presently hurt, thus the deal wouldn't be done, and Jeffries won't help the Hawks anywhere near as much as Ratliff would now)

That and the fact that Stack is opting out, they are possibly giving up Ratliff and Terry for nothing (Jeffries would be behind SAR/Big Dog/Henderson when/if healthy, thus nothing and White is, like I said, worthless in exchange for Ratliff)

The Bulls deal, does not work under the cap, so I won't even bother to rip it apart.
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14550
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:09 am

Postby scubilete on Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:31 am

Well Ben, I see u understood that, if you want me to follow all the english rules or anyone else in here, you are wrong, I just post when I feel I have something to say and I believe all of you understand what I said cause most of you reply or go against my point. If none of you would understand what I write, you just wouldn't reply, don't you think so?

Let's see this is the whole quote, not just take a part of it so you would understand a sentence:

when I'm not talking to you, you should understand that also


I'm going to ignore your quotes B


I agree with you, maybe it's too hard to understand so if you don't understand it, just ignore it, that way ur brain will stay in place.
:roll:
User avatar
scubilete
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:23 am
Location: Waterland, North Pole

Postby scubilete on Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:33 am

u need 2 quit dreaming about having orgies with the washington wizards


:lol:
User avatar
scubilete
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:23 am
Location: Waterland, North Pole

Postby benji on Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:47 am

Rather than strive to improve...we should just ignore...
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14550
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:09 am

Postby Andrew on Sat Jan 11, 2003 1:15 pm

Latest: The Wizards winning streak has ended with a 104-99 loss to the Warriors.
User avatar
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator
 
Posts: 108076
Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2002 8:51 pm
Location: Australia

Postby air gordon on Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:25 pm

because one resides in new york, does that mean one has to understand/speak english? does this apply to every major city in the usa? usa is a country populated with many cultures.

i live in chicago, a major city of this country, and a majority of the people in the stewarding departmentt at my work can't speak english.

i used to work in a reception desk in the emergency room at a hospital. many times i would deal with russian jews who didn't speak a lick of english.

just because a person lives in the country, i don't think it is accurate to assume that person understands/speaks the english language well.

but, hey, what do i know? someone on this board suggested i take hooked on phonics...
User avatar
air gordon
 
Posts: 7813
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:06 pm
Location: windy city

Postby Wall St. Peon on Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:38 pm

someone on this board suggested i take hooked on phonics


That was me...

English is the official language for most places...if you live in the U.S., don't you think you should learn the common language? I don't care if there's different cultures, but if there's a common language EVERYONE should know it. That's why spanish, french, russian, and so on are considered second languages in the US...
Shane
Wall St. Peon
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:57 am
Location: Des Moines, IA

Postby air gordon on Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:51 pm

yeh i agree that if you live in the US, you should learn the language. but it just doesn't work out that way.

at least around here in chicago, there are lot of signs in english followed by a translation in spanish below. if i want to make phone call to see a bus/train schedule or call the phone company, i have the option to choose from 3 languages

certain foreigners come to this country for work and medical benefits. i'm not speaking about all of them, but i know a fair amount of foreigners feel no need to learn english as long as they receive their paychecks and free medical benefits.
User avatar
air gordon
 
Posts: 7813
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:06 pm
Location: windy city

Postby Cudacke on Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:56 pm

scubilete wrote:Well Ben, I see u understood that, if you want me to follow all the english rules or anyone else in here, you are wrong, I just post when I feel I have something to say and I believe all of you understand what I said cause most of you reply or go against my point. If none of you would understand what I write, you just wouldn't reply, don't you think so?



It would easily lead to misunderstanding, too. Of course, it would be fine even if you do make some grammar mistakes. But, at least you shuould try to follow the rules. Otherwise, it would be really defficult for others to follow you.

By the way, please try not to write a parapraph as a very very long sentence. I suppose you do konw that a period is the end of a sentence.
Cudacke
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2002 7:42 am

Postby scubilete on Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:10 am

I agree with you, but like I said is not that I don't know english is that I suppose any of you understand english, I didn't say I don't understand whatever you guys are saying here?, My point about ignoring it, Ben, is not that I don't want to improve, I know english enough and maybe more than those who complain they don't understand a shit, cause obviously they are the ones not understanding what I'm saying which is plain english like I said before, maybe the periods and commas lead you to some misunderstanding like cudacke said, but well, after a period you should start with a cap and I just don't feel like pressing shift and type a cap when it should be, does that make me a bad english speaker? I don't think I'm applying here for a writing job so I just try to express my point the easiest and fastest way, after that it's up to you if you want to argue or agree. I just don't feel like following all english rules when I know you guys should be able to understand whatever I'm saying. I'm not coming here with some strange words to make you go to a dictionary to check if it is english.

Another point is, why do you have to come with some other comments not related with the post? I'm not saying you Ben but others that just think they are bugging me with that comment, if you don't understand whatever I'm saying, like I said it's not my problem you can ignore it, if you speak chinese and say something in chinese, I'm not going to argue cause I don't understand what you just said?, I would just ignore it, that's my point about ignoring it cause I'm using english as well as you are, maybe you have the time to put periods and commas but I don't feel like doing it, :lol:
User avatar
scubilete
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:23 am
Location: Waterland, North Pole

Postby Cudacke on Sun Jan 12, 2003 5:03 am

scubilete wrote:I just don't feel like following all english rules when I know you guys should be able to understand whatever I'm saying.


I personal have no idea about what you want to say in the other parts.
Therefore, as you wish, I ignore them.
However, if you don't follow the rules of "basic" English writting, why "should" anyone else be able to understand whatever you were saying ? :roll:
Cudacke
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2002 7:42 am

Postby Wall St. Peon on Sun Jan 12, 2003 5:15 am

I agree with you, but like I said is not that I don't know english is that I suppose any of you understand english, I didn't say I don't understand whatever you guys are saying here?,


Not a bad sentence; try using semi-colons if you don't want to capitalize, like so:

"I agree with you, but like I said IT is not that I don't know English; IT is that I suppose any of you understand English, AND I didn't say I don't understand what you guys are saying."

You can write long sentences and get your point across if you use proper punctuation, and proper word use, of course. If people don't understand what you're saying, what is the point of posting? If someone posts in short, broken English it's assumed that English is not their first language, and their point gets across because it's a short, to the point sentence, albeit not grammatically correct.

Your sentences are muddled. If you just wrote in shorter sentences, it'd be fine. Using capital letters really isn't all that big of a deal on a message board...it's easier to read if you do, but it's just as easy to read all lowercase with proper punctation. For instance, sometimes I use "..." instead of starting a new sentence...that's laziness, but my thoughts are still clear (at least I think so).

If you take a bit more time - just seconds, really - and use periods or proper punctation, we wouldn't be having this discussion and your posts would make sense. Honestly, there were a few that I read several times and STILL didn't get.

I don't mean to be a dick...I'm studying to be an English teacher, so that's what mode I'm in here...
Shane
Wall St. Peon
 
Posts: 898
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:57 am
Location: Des Moines, IA

Postby scubilete on Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:36 am

I personal have no idea about what you want to say in the other parts.
Therefore, as you wish, I ignore them.
However, if you don't follow the rules of "basic" English writting, why "should" anyone else be able to understand whatever you were saying ?


I'm going to quote this message and you will decide if you are able to understand whatever I'm saying or what.

I don't think that trade with Atlanta is on the Wiz side, if you really think that would happen, I would tell you something, OK, you're showing good stuff there but what is your bench then?, You're giving up Jeffries coming from the bench for nobody?, Jahidi has been injured but is as good playing center as the same Haywood. But, let's make the deal. That would put as a Terrific contender the Hawks, who already have Abdur rahim and Glenn Robinson, you add Stackhouse there and will the Wiz be able to stop that scoring machine?


Now, is it english?, that's my original post, related with the subject, not with english, is there anything that made you not understand what I'm saying or am I not following the basic english rules like you would say?.

whenever I post, I go directly to the point, if not I wouldn't post, and as I said, I made everything easier so any kindergarden can understand whatever I'm saying, and if any kindergarden can understand that post, I just supposed you guys can,
why "should" anyone else be able to understand whatever you were saying ?

that's what I'm trying to explain to you.
Last edited by scubilete on Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
scubilete
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:23 am
Location: Waterland, North Pole

Postby scubilete on Sun Jan 12, 2003 7:41 am

Honestly, there were a few that I read several times and STILL didn't get.


Thanks, that's a good progress, :lol: , you as a future teacher will face even worse students than those you see here.
User avatar
scubilete
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:23 am
Location: Waterland, North Pole

Postby scubilete on Sun Jan 12, 2003 8:01 am

Now that this thread has become nothing but a language discussion

Dert wrote

Et apres le match de croquet, ils vont aller a Nouveau Orleans pour manger de crepes avec Jerome Moiso pandant Mardi Gras... J'espere que Stockalone ne va pas les interuptire...


TheBob Answered

Read this again and tell me if you understand it...


Now, I agree

Scubilete Asks

Now, is it english?
User avatar
scubilete
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:23 am
Location: Waterland, North Pole

Postby TheBob on Sun Jan 12, 2003 8:27 am

Fine if you want I'll correct Dert's french too.

Dert wrote: Et apres le match de croquet, ils vont aller a Nouveau Orleans pour manger de(s) crepes avec Jerome Moiso pa(e not a)ndant Mardi Gras... J'espere que Stockalone ne va pas les interuptire(interompre)...


We'll ignore accents because his keyboard may not be configured to add them.

I'm still not sure what your last post was supposed to mean though because you were using quotes out of context.

I'll translate what Dert said though in case that's what you wanted. "And after the croquet match they will go to New Orleans to eat crepes with Jerome Moiso during Mardi Gras....I hope that Stockalone won't interupt them.
User avatar
TheBob
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:51 am

...

Postby MC Hao on Sun Jan 12, 2003 8:34 am

I'm still not sure what your last post was supposed to mean though because you were using quotes out of context.

No shit! What the fuck was he trying to say? :?:
Image
User avatar
MC Hao
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:57 pm

Postby Cudacke on Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:29 am

scubilete wrote:
I personal have no idea about what you want to say in the other parts.
Therefore, as you wish, I ignore them.
However, if you don't follow the rules of "basic" English writting, why "should" anyone else be able to understand whatever you were saying ?


I'm going to quote this message and you will decide if you are able to understand whatever I'm saying or what.


Well, the part that I quoted last time was the only part that I said and I "thought" I understand. For me, That was the only seem to be understandable or meaningful sentence in that somewhat massive post. However, I didn't say it make sense.

If undetstanding one sentence out of two paragraph is considered as understanding what the post really mean, you can say I understand whatever you were saying. Well, maybe a few additional logic classes could be helpful.

PS: Just in case you forget to look back or being lazy to look back, I will quote the part that I think I do "understand" again.
scubilete wrote:I just don't feel like following all english rules when I know you guys should be able to understand whatever I'm saying.


For the kindergarden thing, if more than 50% of the kindergarden kids can actually "read" your original post and "understand" it, it might just make a possible argument. Nice try.... :lol:

To tell the truth, I didn't and still don't understand what did you really mean in your original post, and that's why it was ignored.
Last edited by Cudacke on Sun Jan 12, 2003 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cudacke
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2002 7:42 am

Postby champ on Sun Jan 12, 2003 2:19 pm

Despite MJ continuing to suffer (virus) the Wizards win at the Garden 89-84 led by MJ's 23 points and 10 rebounds. Oakley was the man in the clutch though, with crucial free-throws and rebounds.
champ
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:58 pm

Postby champ on Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:32 pm

The Wizards are 6th in the east. And only 2 games from 4th (Celtics). The Wizards play the Raptors at Washington next to improve their record to 20-18.
champ
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2002 1:58 pm

...

Postby MC Hao on Mon Jan 13, 2003 4:37 am

The Wizards play the Raptors at Washington next to improve their record to 20-18.

No way! Skip To My Lou will crush them, he's gonna drop 50 dimes on Larry Hughes. :shock: :lol:
Image
User avatar
MC Hao
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:57 pm

Postby benji on Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:17 am

scubilete wrote:whenever I post, I go directly to the point, if not I wouldn't post, and as I said, I made everything easier so any kindergarden can understand whatever I'm saying, and if any kindergarden can understand that post, I just supposed you guys can

The average American kindergardener wouldn't be able to read and understand anything on here. Especially if 65% of HS Seniors can't read past a fourth grade level.
User avatar
benji
 
Posts: 14550
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2002 9:09 am

...

Postby MC Hao on Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:20 pm

Yeah, you tell him, Ben. Stuff the facts in his face. :twisted:
Image
User avatar
MC Hao
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:57 pm

Postby scubilete on Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:37 pm

In fact I have to agree with Ben 100%, because you Llama mom just showed me the poor education level you have.
User avatar
scubilete
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:23 am
Location: Waterland, North Pole

...

Postby MC Hao on Tue Jan 14, 2003 9:11 am

If I show poor education, then you are even worse. At least I can use proper English to express my points and opinions. You, on the other hand, show an egregious English background through your illegible posts/typing. Who shows poor education? Let the public decide, who are you to tell that I have poor education?! You can continue with your childish posts, but I am just going to sit back and deride you for your ignorant remarks.
Image
User avatar
MC Hao
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:57 pm

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests