Washington Wizards

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Washington Wizards

Postby champ on Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:37 pm

Wizards looking awesome at the moment. Comfortably in the 8th playoff spot with an easy schedule ahead in january. i predict they will finish the month 27-20 (maybe 5th in the east).

Wizards currently on a 3 game win streak having just defeated San Antonio, Chicago and Indiana. Jordan is at his best after dropping 41points 12rebounds on Indiana, and apparently training the next day and saying he felt great physically and far better than last season.

Trade rumors are in the air including one involving Stackhouse, White, Jefferies to Atlanta for Terry, Ratliff, Ham. Another featuring Brown to Chicago for Crawford, Curry. I think the Atlanta trade in particular would make the Wizards eastern favorites.

C:Haywood
PF:Ratliff
SF:Jordan
SG:Hughes
PG:Terry

Anyway, Boston is next up, a win would take the Wizards to 17-17. Of course, the Celtics were 45 point losers to the Wizards early in the season. This would be a particularly impressive win for the Wizards given the revenge factor which they will be up against, plus its in Boston. If the Wizards win this one, a long win streak could be in the making, looking at the schedule.
champ

Re: Washington Wizards

Postby Boyk on Mon Jan 06, 2003 11:47 pm

champ wrote:Wizards looking awesome at the moment. Comfortably in the 8th playoff spot with an easy schedule ahead in january. i predict they will finish the month 27-20 (maybe 5th in the east).

Wizards currently on a 3 game win streak having just defeated San Antonio, Chicago and Indiana. Jordan is at his best after dropping 41points 12rebounds on Indiana, and apparently training the next day and saying he felt great physically and far better than last season.

Trade rumors are in the air including one involving Stackhouse, White, Jefferies to Atlanta for Terry, Ratliff, Ham. Another featuring Brown to Chicago for Crawford, Curry. I think the Atlanta trade in particular would make the Wizards eastern favorites.

Anyway, Boston is next up, a win would take the Wizards to 17-17. Of course, the Celtics were 45 point losers to the Wizards early in the season. This would be a particularly impressive win for the Wizards given the revenge factor which they will be up against, plus its in Boston. If the Wizards win this one, a long win streak could be in the making, looking at the schedule.

sounds good
hughes at the 2 and ratliff playin power forward looks real good

jordan,hughes,terry would easily be the best backcourt on the east
but nuthin much beats marbury,hardaway,marion IMO
Thanks to TEH G.O.A.T for Sig
Formerly known as Laddas
Watch out for Kobe,Melo n the Lakers!
Boyk

Postby Wall St. Peon on Tue Jan 07, 2003 5:08 am

Wizards looking awesome at the moment. Comfortably in the 8th playoff spot with an easy schedule ahead in january. i predict they will finish the month 27-20 (maybe 5th in the east).

Perhaps. Their schedule isn't all that tough, I don't think, so that's definately possible.

41 points and 12 boards in two overtimes...the San Antonio and Indiana wins are impressive, the Indiana only because they held off and won the game. A Win's a win.

You're kidding me. One good player and two bench players (one unproven and the other a Ninja Turtle) for two starters who could start almost anywhere and a serviceable backup? No, I don't see this trade happening. The second one is much more feasible.

Agreed. It should be a good game.
Shane
Wall St. Peon

Postby BBoy9931 on Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:30 am

You're kidding me. One good player and two bench players (one unproven and the other a Ninja Turtle) for two starters who could start almost anywhere and a serviceable backup? No, I don't see this trade happening. The second one is much more feasible.

No, you're kidding us. I don't know if you get a lot of Bulls games over where you live, but I live in Chicago, and Crawford is a great point guard. Only reason he dosen't get a lot of minutes is because they're trying to develop Jay Williams. Eddy Curry, I will admit is unproven and sorry, but Brown is also unproven. They are both out of high school and in their second year only, they both need time to develop. But I guess an opinion is an opinion.
BBoy9931

Postby BBoy9931 on Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:31 am

BTW, nice picture, cracks me up. Is that you? You look high as hell!
BBoy9931

Postby TheBob on Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:21 am

BBoy9931 wrote:No, you're kidding us. I don't know if you get a lot of Bulls games over where you live, but I live in Chicago, and Crawford is a great point guard. Only reason he dosen't get a lot of minutes is because they're trying to develop Jay Williams. Eddy Curry, I will admit is unproven and sorry, but Brown is also unproven. They are both out of high school and in their second year only, they both need time to develop. But I guess an opinion is an opinion.

I think he was talking about the Hawks trade not the Bulls one.
TheBob

Postby scubilete on Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:36 am

I don't think that trade with Atlanta is on the Wiz side, if you really think that would happen, I would tell you something, OK, you're showing good stuff there but what is your bench then?, You're giving up Jeffries coming from the bench for nobody?, Jahidi has been injured but is as good playing center as the same Haywood. But, let's make the deal. That would put as a Terrific contender the Hawks, who already have Abdur rahim and Glenn Robinson, you add Stackhouse there and will the Wiz be able to stop that scoring machine?

Jahidi White
Shareef Abdur-Rahim
Glenn Robinson
Jerry Stackhouse
Mike Wilks
scubilete

Postby champ on Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:41 am

scubilete wrote:I don't think that trade with Atlanta is on the Wiz side, if you really think that would happen, I would tell you something, OK, you're showing good stuff there but what is your bench then?, You're giving up Jeffries coming from the bench for nobody?, Jahidi has been injured but is as good playing center as the same Haywood. But, let's make the deal. That would put as a Terrific contender the Hawks, who already have Abdur rahim and Glenn Robinson, you add Stackhouse there and will the Wiz be able to stop that scoring machine?

Jahidi White
Shareef Abdur-Rahim
Glenn Robinson
Jerry Stackhouse
Mike Wilks

but can you stop us? jordan, hughes and terry can each average 20+ each, and we have the 2nd best shot-blocking frontcourt in the NBA with haywood and ratliff (spurs are first). i like my team better.

plus, off the bench we have 2 guards who can give you great energy and scoring - dixon (this guy will be great) and lue. plus brown and thomas upfront who give you blocks, rebounds and the occasional scoring burst. and laettner and oak give you the high iq and leadership. i like our bench too.
champ

Postby scubilete on Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:53 am

OK, can those 5 play 48 mins?, I believe your center and PF just like you said they are shot blockers they are as well personal foulers. lol. who is in your bench once you get like that?, Kwame still developing, christian white men can't jump Laettner, Charles the age Oakley, Juan don't look at me I'm injured Dixon, who else you got?

Atlanta would have:
Allan Henderson Starter in any other team without a superstar like Rahim at PF.
C. Crawford, J. Jeffries, D. Glover, M. Maloney, N. Mohammed, Ira Newble.

I don't think the Wiz will have bench getting rid of Jahidi and Jeffries
scubilete

Postby scubilete on Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:56 am

well, Ok I saw ur bench there, maybe ur bench has something to show but I don't think that starting 5 can stop the Atlanta's, don't think that trade will happen tho.
scubilete

Postby champ on Tue Jan 07, 2003 10:57 am

scubilete wrote:OK, can those 5 play 48 mins?, I believe your center and PF just like you said they are shot blockers they are as well personal foulers. lol. who is in your bench once you get like that?, Kwame still developing, christian white men can't jump Laettner, Charles the age Oakley, Juan don't look at me I'm injured Dixon, who else you got?

Atlanta would have:
Allan Henderson Starter in any other team without a superstar like Rahim at PF.
C. Crawford, J. Jeffries, D. Glover, M. Maloney, N. Mohammed, Ira Newble.

I don't think the Wiz will have bench getting rid of Jahidi and Jeffries

Well, Laettner already plays more minutes than any pf on the team - he's the starter - and doing a sensational job of hitting the open jumper, passing great, and playing smart defense. We have the pf spot taken care of. thomas and brown will play both pf and c from time to time. while oakley played the last 27mins of the big win over indiana. we have some sensational muscle up front. could not be happier with the backups for ratliff and haywood.
champ

Postby champ on Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:29 pm

Wizards 100
Celtics 95

Jordan: 19 points 11 rebounds 7 assists 4 steals (gave the wizards the lead for good with a 3-point-play)

Stackhouse: 37 points
Last edited by champ on Tue Jan 07, 2003 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
champ

Postby Stevan on Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:32 pm

:P
Last edited by Stevan on Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stevan

Postby Stevan on Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:33 pm

Well the Wiz took care of the Celtics 100-95, and are now 17-17, in the 8th spot, and I believe the rest of the teams behind the Wiz (ie Hawks) are not very close to .500. After today, the Bucks are 13-20, Atl 12-21 (I assume they'll lose to NJ because they're down in the fourth) and NY are 12-19. Those are the closest challengers. Ahead of the Wiz are Orlando at 19-17 and NO at 20-15.

MJ - 19pts 11rbs and 7ast. :)
37 for Stack.
Stevan

Postby Stevan on Tue Jan 07, 2003 12:46 pm

lol beat me to it champ...
Stevan

Postby Wall St. Peon on Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:07 pm

No, you're kidding us. I don't know if you get a lot of Bulls games over where you live, but I live in Chicago, and Crawford is a great point guard. Only reason he dosen't get a lot of minutes is because they're trying to develop Jay Williams. Eddy Curry, I will admit is unproven and sorry, but Brown is also unproven. They are both out of high school and in their second year only, they both need time to develop. But I guess an opinion is an opinion.

Yeah, I was referring to the Atlanta - Washington trade. I like Crawford and Curry...

BTW, nice picture, cracks me up. Is that you? You look high as hell!

Funny you mention that, Champ hates it.

No, it's not me, it's a friend of mine from school. He's not high, he's hungry...the pic was after he fasted for 7 days. He drank, though, not a good idea...hehe
Shane
Wall St. Peon

Postby scubilete on Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:30 pm

Stackhouse: 37 points

That's what I'm talking about Champ, Stack is the scoring leader and future of that team, if you are going to trade him, you are not doing it for one shit of player like those you mentioned there, anyone who wants stackhouse has to give up 2 or 3 players for only Stackhouse just like the Wiz did to get him. I don't know if you realize the quality of Player you have in Stackhouse, but J. Terry or T. Ratliff are far from being an All Star like Stack is. They are good but not that good like being compared or even say that's an even trade.
scubilete

Postby champ on Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:26 am

I think Stackhouse would lose the Wizards a lot more games than he would win. He only shoots 42% from the field and that is including a lot of 15-20% shooting performances this season. It's not the 42%, its the way he does it. It's made up of extreme performances. The key reason for getting rid of Stackhouse for a PG is to allow Hughes the SG spot. Hughes averages 13ppg at 49% shooting (and 44% from downtown). This is while being the 3rd option on offense. Being the 2nd option (to MJ) would allow him 20ppg, and would be supported by Terry's 16ppg and 7.5apg. Plus another crucial factor in the Hawks trade is attaining Ratliff (none of our PFs have post-up games). Plus i have already mentioned the defensive implications of adding yet another shot-blocker to the mix.
champ

Postby TheBob on Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:28 am

scubilete wrote:Stack is the scoring leader and future of that team, if you are going to trade him, you are not doing it for one shit of player like those you mentioned there, anyone who wants stackhouse has to give up 2 or 3 players for only Stackhouse just like the Wiz did to get him. .

Actually Stackhouse was pretty much traded for Rip Hamilton.

scubilete wrote: I don't know if you realize the quality of Player you have in Stackhouse, but J. Terry or T. Ratliff are far from being an All Star like Stack is. They are good but not that good like being compared or even say that's an even trade

Actually I believe both Stackhouse and Ratliff have both been voted to the all-star game once. Terry's numbers aren't bad either at 17ppg and 7.5 apg.
TheBob

Postby scubilete on Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:21 am

Ok, Champ you give few points there that have some sense, If you guys think the trade is going to happen, let's hope for it, regarding your quotes TheBob.

Actually there's no way in hell you can compare ratliff with Stackhouse in any way, just cause they are in the voting ballot it doesn't mean they are the same, I see in the voting ballot some M. Dunleavy, does that mean he's at the level of Tim Duncan to take his position?, NO right?. So, don't confuse things, just cause "you" are placed in that ballot that means "you" are a star, No "you" are just a player who like anyone else should be eligible to participate in that all star game.

Second. Stackhouse was not pretty much Traded head to head for Rich Hamilton, the trade was as follow.

Jerry Stackhouse----All Star
Brian Cardinal-----Useless
Ratko Varda-----Useless

Rich Hamilton-----still developing
Hubert Davis------Good Player
Bobby Simmons---Later again with the Wiz
scubilete

Postby MC Hao on Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:13 pm

Actually there's no way in hell you can compare ratliff with Stackhouse in any way, just cause they are in the voting ballot it doesn't mean they are the same, I see in the voting ballot some M. Dunleavy, does that mean he's at the level of Tim Duncan to take his position?

I think he meant they both were all-stars at least once.
Second. Stackhouse was not pretty much Traded head to head for Rich Hamilton, the trade was as follow.

Jerry Stackhouse----All Star
Brian Cardinal-----Useless
Ratko Varda-----Useless

Rich Hamilton-----still developing
Hubert Davis------Good Player
Bobby Simmons---Later again with the Wiz

OK let's look at it this way:
Brian Cardinal and Ratko Varda (waived) are not being used in Washington, Hubert Davis and Bobby Simmons (waived) are not being used in Detroit, so basically Jerry was traded for Rip or Rip was traded for Jerry.
MC Hao

Postby TheBob on Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:23 pm

Good job Llamaj, thats exactly what I meant on both counts.
TheBob

Postby scubilete on Wed Jan 08, 2003 11:34 pm

Bobby Simmons was released, but when was released Hubert Davis?, I see him in Detroit playing is that's just his uniform there?
I prefer to call it like that: Davis & Rip - Stackhouse trade.
But I see what theBob meant which is wrong anyway because just cause Ratlif went to an All star game that I don't remember which was that, that means he's at the Level of Stackhouse? I just hope the trade goes so the Wiz can win some games, that's should be the point not that you think Ratlif is as good as Stackhouse.
scubilete

Postby Rens on Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:32 am

There's only (waived) behind Simmons, so he didn't mean Davis was waived. Also, wasn't Simmons picked up again recently?
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby champ on Thu Jan 09, 2003 2:53 am

Wizards going for their 5th win in a row and a 18-17 record today when they play the Bulls. looking at the wizards schedule it is likely this streak will reach at least 10 wins in a row.
champ

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball