Who is the best player in NBA today?

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby Rens on Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:13 am

Clinton wrote:
But you wouldn't have Kobe or McGrady winning that award because Duncan or Garnett would win both. Because they'd have to be the latter to be the former.

Not really. I think Kobe and TMac are the two best players in the league based on skill. But I also think Duncan and Garnett are the two most valuable players to their teams because they are the two of the most complete players in the league. Because of their size and versatility they might even be more complete players then Kobe or TMac. But maybe the biggest thing Duncan and Garnett have on their side is that they are the only superstars on their teams.

Boy are you talking yourself into a mess here. You just agreed with Ben that's all I'm gonna say...

Laddas_KB8 wrote:straight up!!
took the words straight from my mouth

I doubt you've ever even come close to writing this much your entire life let alone think that much :P
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby benji on Sat Jan 11, 2003 6:53 am

Clinton, there's a reason the Spurs and Timberwolves are annual 50 and up win teams despite holding less raw talent than the Lackers or Magic. Their names are Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett. The two best players in the league.
benji

Postby Clinton on Sat Jan 11, 2003 9:56 am

there's a reason the Spurs and Timberwolves are annual 50 and up win teams despite holding less raw talent than the Lackers or Magic.

There's also a reason these two teams couldn't touch the Lakers in the playoffs. Those two players (Duncan and Garnett) can't get their team to the promised land.
Clinton

Postby benji on Sat Jan 11, 2003 11:46 am

Wrong, the reason they "couldn't touch the" Lackers? One, The Timberwolves didn't have the firepower to match the Mavericks. Two, The Spurs didn't have the firepower to match the Lackers. The two players continued to play at their amazing level, but their teammates aren't at the quality of the players on Dallas or Los Angeles, thus, why they lost despite the league leading abilities of Garnett and Duncan. Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan are the two best players, flopping back and forth, followed by Shaq because of his dominance. After that, you can debate it until your face is blue. But, I find it pretty much impossible to disagree with those top three and call yourself a basketball guru.
benji

Postby Clinton on Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:54 pm

But, I find it pretty much impossible to disagree with those top three and call yourself a basketball guru.

So if you don't think Duncan, KG and Shaq are the 3 best players in the league your not a basketball guru. I don't think they are so I'm not a basketball guru, and I bet there are a lot more people who don't agree with you so they aren't basketball gurus either. Maybe your the only true guru on this board.
Clinton

Postby air gordon on Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:06 pm

i agree with ben on this one. whats going on here? well maybe not about this guru business... haha...

duncan was constantly double teamed by lakers in the playoffs resulting in open jumpers for his teammates, which they unfortunately could not hit. he played great despite his teammates shortcomings.

KG's stats in the playoffs are out of this world. but one person can't do it alone.

also i agree that laddas kobe grip could not put together a statement like eugene did (not counting the copy/paste command)
air gordon

Postby Boyk on Sun Jan 12, 2003 12:49 am

limpdilznik wrote:also i agree that laddas kobe grip could not put together a statement like eugene did (not counting the copy/paste command)

yer i prolly couldnt put a statement like that together
but its exactly what i think
i just try and shorten it a little
and now i dont have ot, coz it was done already
now no need to be smart you and dan gadzuric, i dont think yous could do any better either
some of the shit yous have written has been quite terrible and a whole lotta rubbish also
Thanks to TEH G.O.A.T for Sig
Formerly known as Laddas
Watch out for Kobe,Melo n the Lakers!
Boyk

Postby benji on Sun Jan 12, 2003 3:57 am

Clinton wrote:
But, I find it pretty much impossible to disagree with those top three and call yourself a basketball guru.

So if you don't think Duncan, KG and Shaq are the 3 best players in the league your not a basketball guru. I don't think they are so I'm not a basketball guru, and I bet there are a lot more people who don't agree with you so they aren't basketball gurus either. Maybe your the only true guru on this board.

Well, if you're going to ignore blatant facts.
Laddas_KB8 wrote:now no need to be smart you and dan gadzuric, i dont think yous could do any better either
some of the shit yous have written has been quite terrible and a whole lotta rubbish also

Laddas...
benji

Postby Clinton on Sun Jan 12, 2003 10:06 am

Well, if you're going to ignore blatant facts.

Blatant facts like....
Clinton

Postby Eugene on Sun Jan 12, 2003 11:27 am

Gee... I don't know, guys, I feel like I should apologize or something...

I never intended my post to be the catalyst for posters insulting one another...

I just had something to say, I thought I'd try to make my point clear as possible... I'm sorry for what happened here...

From now on, I'll make a conscious effort to make shorter posts...

But then again...

Y'all are just being silly, Laddas, Dan, Limp... you should know better...
The task of the artist is to translate for us the essence of things we take for granted.
Eugene

Postby Boyk on Mon Jan 13, 2003 12:32 am

Eugene wrote:Gee... I don't know, guys, I feel like I should apologize or something...

I never intended my post to be the catalyst for posters insulting one another...

I just had something to say, I thought I'd try to make my point clear as possible... I'm sorry for what happened here...

From now on, I'll make a conscious effort to make shorter posts...

But then again...

Y'all are just being silly, Laddas, Dan, Limp... you should know better...

eugene it wasnt your post, ur post was great
all i was doing was agreeing to it coz thats the same way i feel about the whole kobe cant win without shaq and stuff.
i said you took the words right outta my mouth, then dan and limp come up and mock me, they reckon i couldnt think like that
so dont fell like its your fault lol
Formerly known as Laddas
Boyk

Postby Rens on Mon Jan 13, 2003 1:58 am

I was'n't mocking anyone, just expressing my opinion. If expressing your opinion these days is being explained as 'being silly' then this world is going in a wrong direction. Maybe the thing that's wrong here is the way everyone is interpreting everything. Everyone is making a problem out of everything, you're just like those thugs (no offense to the ones calling themself thug in here, unless you fit the description I'm about to give, in that case I dislike the way you behave) that stab people when they accidentally bump into eachother, or the people that punch someone in the face when they accidentally spill a drink over them in a crowded bar. You should be ashamed of yourself!
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby Poollit on Mon Jan 13, 2003 5:28 am

well...i'm gonna go back to the real subject, and not some petty girl fight, that makes No sense at all.

Today Sunday Lakers play heat at 9:30 ET.
On NBA TV, my borther saw an interview of some sort asking older legends who they thought was better, Kobe or T-mac. my borther says that all of them said Kobe over T-mac.
Few reasons were 1) Kobe has a better all around game, 2) Kobe plays a more team, game, and although not quite there ye, he can make things happen, and make the guys around him better, 3) Kobe seems more competitive.
Well that';s all he said, i don't know, there maybe more.
Poollit

Postby Rens on Mon Jan 13, 2003 6:20 am

I don't like being called names by someone that doesn't even know me. Who are you, trying to demean me, calling me a girl?
Rens

Postby benji on Mon Jan 13, 2003 7:29 am

Blatant facts like....

Best number production in the league. Winning 50+ games pretty much every year with poor surrounding parts. One, the best defensive player in the league and the other a great defender. You do not win without quality teammates and depth. Garnett's never had that, Duncan's had it once or twice (but the second time it hasn't outweighed others teammates and thus they lost) and hopefully will have it again after this offseason and the continued development of Stephen Jackson and Tony Parker.
benji

Postby Boyk on Mon Jan 13, 2003 11:13 pm

Dan Gadzuric wrote:I was'n't mocking anyone, just expressing my opinion. If expressing your opinion these days is being explained as 'being silly' then this world is going in a wrong direction. Maybe the thing that's wrong here is the way everyone is interpreting everything. Everyone is making a problem out of everything, you're just like those thugs (no offense to the ones calling themself thug in here, unless you fit the description I'm about to give, in that case I dislike the way you behave) that stab people when they accidentally bump into eachother, or the people that punch someone in the face when they accidentally spill a drink over them in a crowded bar. You should be ashamed of yourself!

you said that i could not write that much let alone think that much, therefore your saying im dumb, which all equals up to a mock
Formerly known as Laddas
Boyk

Postby mp3 on Mon Mar 31, 2003 2:47 am

ryan bowen.....
in the next three years you will see ryan colour his hair, get tons on tatoos and come to games wearing a wedding dress.
Ryan Bowen..... 2004 defensive player of the year
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball