NBA Player's Christmas Wishlists

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

NBA Player's Christmas Wishlists

Postby Stevan on Tue Dec 24, 2002 1:31 pm

What do you guys think NBA players/coaches asked Santa for? Let's list some players and what we think they wished for... Maybe I'll start with a few.

John Starks... lol too easy :D

Shawn Kemp probably wanted a certain procedure which kills off virility.

The Trailblazers will all probably get coal, regardless of what they wished for.

Isiah Rider, just one more chance... and maybe another after that.

Allen Iverson, a few more field goal attempts, and maybe a couple more injuries to make that FG% look a little better. Maybe a new gun? Some bitchin new tatts, and an invitation to play for team USA.

Wince Carter (yes Wince), this one's pretty obvious.

John Stockton, higher pressure shower heads, to easily remove those nasty stains.

Mamadou N'diaye, a name change.

Those poor Lakers... Shaq will probably want a new supporting cast, Kobe will want a number change from "8" to "23" to "45" and back to "23". Phil Jackson will ask for a veteran player, and Ron Harper will probably come out of retirement.

The Utah Jizz will probably ask for a third PG, somebody with young legs to give Stock and Jackson a break over the busy holidays. Tim Hardaway's still available.

add your own people, and take away some of the spotlight from my lame attempts :)
Stevan

Postby Drex on Tue Dec 24, 2002 2:55 pm

nowitzki and nash: a haircut :D
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 24, 2002 3:09 pm

Anfernee Hardaway: Good health and Shaq on his team again.

Karl Malone: For Greg Ostertag to be made first option - that way, Karl can avoid being the scapegoat for every Jazz loss.

New York Knicks: The top pick in the 2003 NBA Draft

New York Knicks Fans: Scott Layden's resignation.

(I know it said NBA Players, but I couldn't resist)

Juwan Howard: Free Agency

That's about all I can think of right now.
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby Simon on Wed Dec 25, 2002 10:24 pm

I bet the Heat are hoping for some good signs on Zo's health these holidays.
Simon

Postby Stevan on Wed Dec 25, 2002 11:17 pm

what about the Nets, they'd be hoping for a sellout one of these days...
Stevan

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 26, 2002 5:51 pm

I guess "NBA New Year's Resolutions" are coming up next Stevan? :wink:
Andrew
Administrator

Postby MC Hao on Fri Dec 27, 2002 7:17 am

Quoting EnglishTaxiDriver from HOOPSWORLD.com:
Dear Santa...

I have found many NBA players requests to Santa this Christmas, and thought I should share with you...

Vince Carter: "Dear Santa, please send me a body for christmas"

John Lucas: "Dear Santa, please the change rules. I want LeBron James right now. Bad. I'll have sex with his mother I have to but please send me him!"

Allan Houston: "Dear Santa, please send me a reason I get paid so much"

Moochie Norris: "Dear Santa, please send me to a good barber for Christmas"

Zydrunas Ilaguaskuas, Vladimir Radmanovic, and Prerag Drobnajk- "Dear Santa, please send us new letters for our names so people can pronounce them easier."

Micheal Jordan: "Dear Santa, please send me the ability to play 10 more years past my prime"

Kobe Bryant: "Dear Santa, please send me a game-winning clutch shot that actually means something"

Bobby Jackson: "Dear Santa, I was doing so well as the Kings starting Point Guard. Please let Mike Bibby get hit by a truck."

I'm sure they don't mind that I've shared this information. In any case, happy holidays!
MC Hao

Postby Stevan on Fri Dec 27, 2002 1:46 pm

damn, and just as I thought I had something even slightly original! :D
Stevan

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 27, 2002 4:06 pm

Well...

I guess "NBA New Year's Resolutions" are coming up next Stevan?

:D
Andrew
Administrator

Postby Rens on Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:49 pm

Well... Englishtaxidriver wrote his column later than this, right? Or at least released? I think I read it somewhere else too though.. ESPN or something.
Rens

Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby Clinton on Sat Dec 28, 2002 12:45 pm

Bobby Jackson: "Dear Santa, I was doing so well as the Kings starting Point Guard. Please let Mike Bibby get hit by a truck."

Jackson earnt that starting spot and the Kings were playing very well with him there. Bibby is a good player, but doesn't provide the instant offence. I think they are a better team with Jackson running the point.
Clinton

Postby MC Hao on Sat Dec 28, 2002 3:22 pm

Clinton, I think the same. And I don't get why Bibby got his starting job back the first game he came back from the injury list, that just seemed a little unfair. I mean not even Shaq came right back into the starting job when he got off the injury list. Even though the Lakers really needed him.
MC Hao

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:54 pm

I think Shaq would have asked for either a trade, or Vince Carter or to get Phil to stop K8 from hoggin the ball.

The Rockets want Yao to gain wieght and muscle.

Karl Malone and Stock asked for a championship!
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Boyk on Sun Dec 29, 2002 3:29 am

stop sayin kobes a hog,
hes got so much talent he has t o on occasions
of he is a hog then t-macs a hog also allen iverson and pierce and walker
it just odenst make sense
hes uppose to be a hog wen hes averaging the most assists outta any other shooting guard in the league
im sorry just does not make sense y u call him a hog
lol silly people
Thanks to TEH G.O.A.T for Sig
Formerly known as Laddas
Watch out for Kobe,Melo n the Lakers!
Boyk

Postby GloveGuy on Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:20 pm

stop sayin kobes a hog,
hes got so much talent he has t o on occasions
of he is a hog then t-macs a hog also allen iverson and pierce and walker
it just odenst make sense
hes uppose to be a hog wen hes averaging the most assists outta any other shooting guard in the league
im sorry just does not make sense y u call him a hog
lol silly people

Notice how Pierce and Walker, Iverson, and T-Mac are sometimes hogs but their teams have winning records. Kobe and Shaq are two of the top five players in the league and their team is 9 games below .500. BTW Pierce and Walker can't be what you call ballhogs because they're on the same team. They only hog it when they're hot. T-Mac carries his team eventhough they have other options who are "semi-stars". The Magic still have a winning record. The Sixer's only option is Iverson so what do you expect? If the Lakers have a losing record and Shaq demands more touches AND Kobe's being a ballhog, Kobe needs to alter his game in benefit of the team.
GloveGuy

Postby Clinton on Sun Dec 29, 2002 7:04 pm

Kobe and Shaq are two of the top five players in the league and their team is 9 games below .500.

How many games was Shaq out?? Shaq played no offseason games and is only just starting to get back into it. I don't even know why people are worrying about their record. I didn't expect them to be back to their true form till after the allstar break. They aren't playing like the Lakers we know because they have lost their chemistry. They'll get it back.

BTW Pierce and Walker can't be what you call ballhogs because they're on the same team.

Yes they can and yes they are. They don't care if they are hot or not. They are firing careless shots all game.

The Sixer's only option is Iverson so what do you expect?

So Van Horn isn't an offensive option?? What about McKie? Kenny Thomas? Derrick Coleman?
Clinton

Postby Bill Russell on Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:11 am

Nobody talks about the gifts Little Karl and Elton Johnny would have got for X-mas... :cry:
Bill Russell

Postby air gordon on Mon Dec 30, 2002 5:51 pm

anyone see bryant's fg% the past few games?

i think lakers fan do have reason to worry. earlier in the week i heard this fact:

the lakers need to go 39-19 the rest of the way just to equal utah's record last year (which netted the jazz the 8th seed in the western conference).

even if the lakers put it together, i think the team will run out of gas due to their weak bench and aging role players.

peace out, oasis
air gordon

Re: NBA Player's Christmas Wishlists

Postby T_McGrady on Tue Dec 31, 2002 10:43 am

Stevan wrote:The Trailblazers will all probably get coal, regardless of what they wished for.

Even though I'm a Blazers fan I gotta say that was LMAO material right there! LOL

Anyway most players in the Jazz would probably have sent Santa decoy John Stockton lists cuz they just can't stand his short shorts anymore. :D
T_McGrady

Return to NBA & Basketball