All-Star Votings so far

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby GloveGuy on Tue Dec 31, 2002 12:59 pm

Yeah Kobe gettin the start when he was a role player was pretty much bullshit. I don't vote for guys that I know everyone else would vote for(i.e. Kobe, Vince, McGrady, Grant Hill). I'm actually surprised that Ming wasn't ahead of Shaq since he basically has all of Asia behind him. I like seeing all the scorers out there at the same time because once you put them on a team where they're all the number one option, their true skills come out.
User avatar
GloveGuy
 
Posts: 1588
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 12:55 am
Location: Boston, MA

...

Postby MC Hao on Tue Dec 31, 2002 2:11 pm

T_McGrady wrote:Many Asian people have this "Asian pride" thing, which I personally think is stupid (even though I'm Chinese).

Well, maybe you have lost your pride or you are one of those ABC's (American Born Chinese) who doesn't have pride at all and discrimninates their own people. I have Asian pride and you know why? Because I am Asian, I never forget who I am, I fight for my honors and be proud of what I am. Pride is something nobody can take away from me, even when I am dead I will still have my pride. I was born Asian and I will die Asian, no matter what. If you personally think pride is stupid, then I am going to tell you you are one stupid motherf*cker to think that. You not only disrespected your own race, you also made yourself an enemy against your own race. You might talk like somebody else, you might think like somebody, you might even act like somebody else, but you will never be that somebody else. You are what you are, so accept it. If you don't then go f*ck yourself, because we Asians don't want a disgrace like you in our family tree. I am an Asian with lots of pride and I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Peace.
Image
User avatar
MC Hao
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:57 pm

Postby TheBob on Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:07 pm

Maybe this thread should be closed...
User avatar
TheBob
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:51 am

Postby squidy37 on Tue Dec 31, 2002 3:41 pm

i don't know about everyone in asia backing yao.. maybe china.. but even if they have 1 billion people, how many of them actually have computers?? not to be dissing chinese people or anything.. if a korean player was in the nba tho, that would be another story =p since korea is the most wired country in the world.. I don't see many koreans getting excited about yao being on the allstar team. In fact most of them won't like that, if they care at all. Koreans have a korean pride thing going.. hehe (korea beat china in the asian games)

even after all that being said, yao should make the allstar team. i don't think he should make it over shaq tho.. by the all star game, lakers will be .500+ and shaq will be shaq again.
squidy37
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:06 pm

Postby TheBob on Tue Dec 31, 2002 4:02 pm

Ya but I think most people would rather wtach Ming than Shaq anyways, I know I would. It's like style VS substance really, Ming being the style...
User avatar
TheBob
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:51 am

Postby Drex on Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:14 am

for the all-star, shaq is gonna get "injured"......again
User avatar
Drex
You bastards!!!
 
Posts: 6071
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 10:48 am
Location: Iquique, Chile

Re: ...

Postby T_McGrady on Wed Jan 01, 2003 1:53 am

Llamaj Mim wrote:
T_McGrady wrote:Many Asian people have this "Asian pride" thing, which I personally think is stupid (even though I'm Chinese).

Well, maybe you have lost your pride or you are one of those ABC's (American Born Chinese) who doesn't have pride at all and discrimninates their own people. I have Asian pride and you know why? Because I am Asian, I never forget who I am, I fight for my honors and be proud of what I am. Pride is something nobody can take away from me, even when I am dead I will still have my pride. I was born Asian and I will die Asian, no matter what. If you personally think pride is stupid, then I am going to tell you you are one stupid motherf*cker to think that. You not only disrespected your own race, you also made yourself an enemy against your own race. You might talk like somebody else, you might think like somebody, you might even act like somebody else, but you will never be that somebody else. You are what you are, so accept it. If you don't then go f*ck yourself, because we Asians don't want a disgrace like you in our family tree. I am an Asian with lots of pride and I don't think there's anything wrong with it. Peace.


What I meant by "Asian pride" isn't just pride in being Asian, it's considering other races to be inferior, which IS what some Asians think. You know what many of the bad Asians where I think think about that? They're racist against non Asians (kinda like what Hitler was like against non Germans). That's what's wrong. Think about it.

Yeah I'm proud of being Asian but not to the point where I won't be friends with anybody else that's non Asian. Didn't make it clear but the arrogant Asians I know labeled this as "Asian pride". Peace

BTW I'm not an ABC.
T_McGrady
 
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2002 10:12 am

...

Postby MC Hao on Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:01 am

So you are saying we Asians are voting for Yao just because we don't like other races? Well, that's what you think, that's not a fact. So why don't you show me some facts instead saying that out of your own brain? If we Asians are racist like that, we wouldn't be even watching the NBA or give a sh*t about the All Star voting, since it's filled with non-Asians. I don't know about you but I have never seen an Asian that would say "oh, he's white, let's go kick his ass" or "oh, he's black, let's make fun of him", not me, not my friends, not any Asians that I know of. We are nice people, we make friends with everybody regardless of their race, we are the least racist people in the world. I don't have the facts to back that up, but you can go around and ask non-Asians what they think of Asians, and I bet that majority of them will say Asians are nice people.
but even if they have 1 billion people, how many of them actually have computers??

Good point, and that's not dissing. Computers and Internet do cost a lot in China.
I don't see many koreans getting excited about yao being on the allstar team.

I don't see other Asians getting excited either, except Chinese.
Koreans have a korean pride thing going.. hehe (korea beat china in the asian games)

That was a good game, some of you guys deserve a spot in the NBA.
Image
User avatar
MC Hao
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:57 pm

Postby scubilete on Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:11 am

I don't know if there's a lot of Asian voting in the All Star Ballot, what I know is Yao has a lot of fans, when the NBA.com reported a huge leading as Yao the best 7+ footer in the NBA at the moment over Dirk, when I believe is Dirk, shows me that Yao has a lot of fans, maybe chinese or I don't know, maybe they are from Africa but he has a good croud behind him. Or maybe is his family that spend the whole day getting online to vote for him using fake emails, :lol: , who knows?
User avatar
scubilete
 
Posts: 922
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:23 am
Location: Waterland, North Pole

Re: ...

Postby TheBob on Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:37 am

Llamaj Mim wrote: I don't know about you but I have never seen an Asian that would say "oh, he's white, let's go kick his ass" or "oh, he's black, let's make fun of him", not me, not my friends, not any Asians that I know of. We are nice people, we make friends with everybody regardless of their race, we are the least racist people in the world. I don't have the facts to back that up, but you can go around and ask non-Asians what they think of Asians, and I bet that majority of them will say Asians are nice people.


Maybe it's just me but you do sound like you believe Asians are superior thus making you racist. How can you say that Asians are less racist than any other people? That's rediculous, there's no way to verify that. With every post you're making yourself sound worse.
User avatar
TheBob
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:51 am

...

Postby MC Hao on Wed Jan 01, 2003 6:55 am

As I said I don't have the facts to back that up, it's only an opinion. And I said he can go ask other people's opinions as well. Even if some Asian thinks his/her kind of people are superior, that won't make them racist, they're just cocky. I am simply saying Asians are nice people, they are not racist like T_McGrady said. If I offended you in anyway, I am sorry. If you think I am being racsit, then I can't help it, since I can't control what you think.
Image
User avatar
MC Hao
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:57 pm

Re: ...

Postby TheBob on Wed Jan 01, 2003 8:23 am

Llamaj Mim wrote: Even if some Asian thinks his/her kind of people are superior, that won't make them racist, they're just cocky.


Wrong, racism is the belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular race is superior to others.

Llamaj Mim wrote: If you think I am being racsit, then I can't help it, since I can't control what you think.


You can and you do control what I think of you to a certain extent seen as the only way I know you is through what you write on this forum. If you post statements that lead me to certain conclusion that demonstrates your control over my view of you.
User avatar
TheBob
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Tue Nov 12, 2002 5:51 am

...

Postby MC Hao on Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:29 am

I never had the thought of Asians being superior to other people, therefore I am not racist. I don't know how you consider me saying Asians are nice people is racist, I don't know how your logic work. You can continue to think that, I am not going to stop you. An ignorant person like you is not worth my attention. Peace.
Image
User avatar
MC Hao
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2002 12:57 pm

Re: ...

Postby Cudacke on Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:51 am

I don't see anything wrong with Yo might have more vote than Shaq.

First, Yo can play, and play pretty good so far, and he is popular!
(It is on voting page says "Select your favority player", I don't see why a person's favority player needs to be the best.)

Second, it's not the first time a guy in the NBA who is not really the best man in a position being voted to be the starter. remeber kobe?

Third, Are you going to tell me that a Seattle Fan would perfer to vote for John Stockton rather than Gary Payton in the point guard position even if they both are in their best shape? Is this some kind of racist ?

Therefore, I don't see why it is such a big deal that a Chinese woruld vote Yo rather then Shaq. BTW, if Chinese or Asain are really racist, Yo would definiently not be the first Chinese who would start for the All-Star game. remember Mr. Wang in LAC ?

ps. I am from Taiwan, and I do think I am as a Chinese.
I did vote for Yo, and I never liked Shaq.
But racist?? or Asian pride??
Cudacke
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2002 7:42 am

Postby emadhn15 on Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:43 am

from what I have read until now about racism, I think that The Bob makes much more sense than Llamaj Mim. Llamaj Mim you are just an aggravated guy :?
emadhn15
 
Posts: 305
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 9:09 am
Location: Montreal

Postby Cudacke on Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:24 am

emadhn15 wrote:from what I have read until now about racism, I think that The Bob makes much more sense than Llamaj Mim. Llamaj Mim you are just an aggravated guy :?


But, it is never really a racism isue, isn't it ?

If the idea of supporting a "home town boy like player" such as Ming for a Chinese is considered as racism. Then, the whole idea of people sopporting a home team in the sport world is one of the biggest racism act.

By far, there is no proof that support the idea that there is such thing as "Asian Pride" that mentioned by T_McGrady. There is also no proof that Asians are less of a racist. These two idea with no prove both sound just stupid to me.
Cudacke
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2002 7:42 am

Postby kobryant on Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:43 am

the nba is already taking actions about the chinese population might all vote for yao. so its all equal

here is my all-star predictions

WEST
C Superman
PF Tim Duncan
SF KG
SG Kobe
PG The Glove

EAST
C Big Ben
PF K-Mart
SF MJ
SG AI
PG The Whizz Kidd
User avatar
kobryant
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:39 am
Location: STAPLES CENTER

Postby squidy37 on Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:00 pm

we make friends with everybody regardless of their race


Asians do not become friends with everyone or is nice to everyone.. asians ALWAYS stick together. It's even more so in that koreans have mostly korean friends, and chinese people have mostly chinese friends. I don't know where you live man.. but you're TOTALLY wrong there. I don't know a single asian person that has more white friends.
squidy37
 
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Nov 13, 2002 2:06 pm

Postby Cudacke on Thu Jan 02, 2003 12:44 pm

squidy37 wrote:
we make friends with everybody regardless of their race


Asians do not become friends with everyone or is nice to everyone.. asians ALWAYS stick together. It's even more so in that koreans have mostly korean friends, and chinese people have mostly chinese friends. I don't know where you live man.. but you're TOTALLY wrong there. I don't know a single asian person that has more white friends.



Languages, customs, and habits are some of the reasons that seperate people into groups. But, this is still not a racism issue, nor whether a person's willingness of making friend according to his race. It is really about how well two people can communicate or understand each other.
One may not taking acount of race when making friends but it doesn't mean languages, customs, or habits would be negleted.
Cudacke
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Sat Nov 23, 2002 7:42 am

Postby Rens on Thu Jan 02, 2003 9:35 pm

squidy37 wrote:
we make friends with everybody regardless of their race


Asians do not become friends with everyone or is nice to everyone.. asians ALWAYS stick together. It's even more so in that koreans have mostly korean friends, and chinese people have mostly chinese friends. I don't know where you live man.. but you're TOTALLY wrong there. I don't know a single asian person that has more white friends.

That's human nature man, when I studied this subject in school it turned out that nearly all ethnic groupds flock together when out of their own country. It makes people feel safe and comfortable when being surrounded by "trusted" people.
User avatar
Rens
 
Posts: 1540
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2002 5:05 am
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests