Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby Andrew on Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:05 am

Hoiberg is out: https://www.nba.com/bulls/news/bulls-of ... head-coach

Interesting that Boylen has been promoted, no interim tag there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:34 am

Great new !
I don't understand how he stayed so long, FH didn't show anything in NBA :shock:
sticky-fingers

Postby air gordon on Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:40 am

ahhh. nothing like one last post ripping the bulls a new one before i hang it up-

after the latest blowout at home following the players trying to boycott a practice from the newly minted coach... can it get any worse for this team? worst offensive rating and net rating. they are the #1 laughing stock in the league. i can't believe i'm saying they are worse than the suns and kings.

now that the fall guy, hoiberg, is out of the way, who is up next?! there is already dysfunction with the new coach, who has management's full support. its really great they are getting ripped nationally now.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:48 am

Looks like there's an influential core of players in the roster that are just assholes.
Guess Jimmy Butler and Dwyane Wade were right to call out the team a couple seasons back.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:27 am

Ideally GarPax would be up next. They've put these dysfunctional rosters together, created (or at least contributed to) a toxic atmosphere and culture, and I don't believe they can be trusted to oversee a proper and successful rebuilding effort with the moves they make and the damage they've done. Unfortunately, I don't see them going anywhere. Paxson has said that Forman isn't going anywhere, and since it seems Pax's job is safe, so is Forman's.

Instead, Boylen will probably get the axe when the team continues to flounder. Maybe a couple of players get shipped out when they become big enough headaches, though I shudder to think what kind of terrible deals will be done just to get rid of them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby I Hate Mondays on Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:49 pm

- Describe Chicago's season in one meme
- I gotcha bro

https://twitter.com/YahooSports/status/ ... 9373477888
I Hate Mondays

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:49 pm

Very apt.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:13 pm

I stand corrected, looks like the players are in the right for the attempted boycott.

After suffering a 56-point loss to the Celtics on Saturday, players threatened to not show up at the Sunday practice Boylen had scheduled. The Bulls have not taken a day off in Boylen's 10 days as head coach.

In practices, players have been asked to run suicides and drop down to do push-ups, unconventional drills at the NBA level. While Boylen's directive from management is to be tough, some players view Boylen's coaching style as excessive.

The players are right, it is excessive.
Forcing employees, whether they be millionaires or minimum wage workers, to work with no rest within a week is too much. Even slave child laborers in factories get a day off during the week.

Bulls being run with the incompetence of a third world country
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:00 pm

The players definitely have a point there. What a mess.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:34 pm

Bulls forward Jabari Parker to be dropped from regular rotation

Forward Jabari Parker played just four first-half minutes in the Chicago Bulls' 97-91 loss to the Orlando Magic on Thursday night in Mexico City.

Coach Jim Boylen said after the game that the decision was matchup-based, but sources told ESPN earlier Thursday that Parker won't see regular minutes going forward.

With Chandler Hutchison sidelined, Parker came off the bench Thursday and was scoreless in four minutes. He did not play in the second half.

"Well, I think it's a matchup thing," Boylen said. "It's also hard to play three 4s. It's difficult to do that. You know, this team is not about one person, one matchup. It's about the team, and you play your minutes when you're in there, and when you're not -- you support the guys who are. We have a lot of games left, and we're going to need all of our people."

Boylen said he has spoken to Parker about the decision.

"Going forward, he's part of our team, and it's not about the individual, it's about the team, it's about playing your minutes the best you can," Boylen said. "We'll see what his minutes are going forward."

Parker, a Chicago native who signed a two-year, $40 million deal with the Bulls over the summer, was the team's sixth man to begin the season. After the team was hit by a rash of injuries, including to starter Lauri Markkanen, Parker moved into the starting lineup last month as a power forward, his preferred position and one he played for two seasons in Milwaukee.

$20 million well spent. Surely they won't pick up the second year of his deal if he's reduced to a bench warmer's role.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:11 pm

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:02 am

shadowgrin wrote:I stand corrected, looks like the players are in the right for the attempted boycott.

After suffering a 56-point loss to the Celtics on Saturday, players threatened to not show up at the Sunday practice Boylen had scheduled. The Bulls have not taken a day off in Boylen's 10 days as head coach.

In practices, players have been asked to run suicides and drop down to do push-ups, unconventional drills at the NBA level. While Boylen's directive from management is to be tough, some players view Boylen's coaching style as excessive.

The players are right, it is excessive.
Forcing employees, whether they be millionaires or minimum wage workers, to work with no rest within a week is too much. Even slave child laborers in factories get a day off during the week.

Bulls being run with the incompetence of a third world country

I totally agree that they should have a day off, completely in fact. But you lose by 56 and you don't practice? Bitch you lost by 56. The players should've been there to practice all on their own after losing by 56.

Both sides at fault but bad look for the players for sure. I hope the front office is replaced, it sucks seeing a big city franchise like this. Someone tell Dolan to sell too, fuckers.
Jackal

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:58 pm

In the players defense one could reason that not having a day off in 10 days straight also contributed to them being exhausted already going into that game and being trashed by 56 pts.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Andrew on Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:32 pm

shadowgrin wrote:In the players defense one could reason that not having a day off in 10 days straight also contributed to them being exhausted already going into that game and being trashed by 56 pts.

Agreed. It sounds like they're being run into the ground and treated like children on top of that. From one extreme to another.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:41 pm

shadowgrin wrote:In the players defense one could reason that not having a day off in 10 days straight also contributed to them being exhausted already going into that game and being trashed by 56 pts.

They sat a large portion of the second half that game, right? I'm not saying the coaching staff was right about the 10 days..but being blown out by 56 and then sitting out practice is what's off for me. That's humiliating and would drive me to be in the gym the next day.

Had they boycotted after 4-5-6-9-10 days without it following such a huge blowout I'd get it a lot more.

Anyway...what does that front office have on their owner that they are allowed to do what they do for years on end without any repercussions?
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:02 pm

The team still makes money. That's the bottom line.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:21 am

So Bull are following the Donald Sterling business model, minus the racism.
Except Sterling made tanking entertaining and wasn't aftaid to spend the cash when he's found a potential franchise player instead of trading the player away.

huge blowout I'd get it a lot more

You'd definitely get it Jackal. A lot. :cheeky:
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Andrew on Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:24 am

To be fair, the Bulls have spent big on Rose, Butler, Deng, Boozer, and Noah, and more recently LaVine and Parker. It just hasn't turned out as well as hoped, for one reason or another.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:49 pm

GarPax wheeling and dealing...

The Chicago Bulls have traded forward Justin Holiday to the Memphis Grizzlies for guard MarShon Brooks and guard/forward Wayne Selden Jr., as well as the Grizzlies’ 2019 and 2020 second-round picks. In a related move, the Bulls also waived guard Cameron Payne.

Cutting Payne feels like the best part of the whole situation; a low bar, but that's where we're at. If they hold onto them, the second round picks are worth having.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:24 am

what's going on with this thread? Andrew, did you give up on the bulls??

i haven't watched no more than a few minutes of games since boylen took over. i've read some of the athletic recent articles on them. it's embarrassing even before the carter jr injury they were playing worse under boylen than hoiberg

boylen keeps talking about effort and playing tough yet a lot of the losses are tim floyd like blowouts. sheesh.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:34 am

There hasn't been much to say that hasn't already been said, and little to get excited about. Loss after loss, all in for Zion at this point.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:29 am

do Garpax come out as geniuses if the bulls successfully tank their way to Zion??
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:11 pm

I'd say the tank job worked out, not that they were geniuses. It's generous to call it brilliance when there's a fair amount of dumb luck involved.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:58 am

Portis, Parker, and a second round pick in 2023 to Washington for Otto Porter Jr. Porter is a decent player, but grossly overpaid for a couple more seasons yet. Fortunately, they should still be well under the cap if they want to make a run at any big names, though I still believe they're more likely to rebuild through the Draft than free agency (and even then, the ping pong balls are going to have to bounce their way).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby tacitus kilgore on Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:27 am

Not high on Porter at all. I would have kept Portis and built a statue of him outside the arena for punching Mirotic in the face.
tacitus kilgore

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball