Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Chicago Bulls Thread

Postby air gordon on Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:21 am

guess its happening. KC Johnson reporting 2yrs/40mil

wow i didn't think Pax-Man would spend more money on another player coming back from ACL injury. i suppose this is their way of accumulating talent? too bad Minny already resigned rose. i question Parker's fit with this team. offense and defense.

on the bright side, its just a 2yr contract and he's still young. pre ACL parker was a beast getting to the rim. hope he can return to that form (and hit some 3's and play some defense)
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Moz on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:21 am

So it's official now with the 2nd year having a team option
Nationwide is on your side...
Moz
What a load of bollocks...

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:47 pm

The safest possible approach, given the circumstances. It feels like the Bulls overpaid to keep LaVine and get Parker, but it's their health and durability that's perhaps the biggest concern. At least they're hedging their bets with Parker, and can decline his option if he disappoints or gets injured again. Hoping for the best possible outcome of course, but yeah, durability is a concern.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:00 am

team option 2nd year. good job negotiating that one.

now its on Hoiberg to make the pieces fit!
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby benji on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:11 am

benji

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:26 am

Good observations.

Regardless of scheme, the Bulls will be bad on defense. That doesn't really matter. This season should not be about winning. It should be about discovering how the young players fit, and whom to keep long term.

Pretty much comes down to that. As the article stresses more than once, Markkanen is the player to be most excited about, with Carter looking like he has great potential. People talking Playoffs and big things are getting ahead of themselves. I mean, they are in the East, but still. I hate to use a term that's become very cliche, but it's a process.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:41 pm

Speaking of the young guys, do you reckon this is what really Foreman intends to do when he said back then that they'll build the team with "Young and Athletic" players and he just went on to sign D-Wade and Rondo to lessen the tirades that Hoiberg is receiving from fans? Or it just coincided with the opportunities they got the past couple of years? Yeh Lavine and Parker got some hefty paychecks from them,though with some reasonable contract terms/options, but will you lot give them another chance for redemption?
Moz

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:32 pm

It seems they're finally going that route with this rebuilding plan. They certainly deviated from that plan when they signed Wade and Rondo, but that's behind them now.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:47 pm

First win of the season in Game 4. Zach LaVine seems to be gunning for the scoring title; third in the league in the early going.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:43 pm

phpBB [video]

4 straight 30 point games and finally a win. He's doing his best Kobe impersonation by ballhogging his way to get that scoring milestone and yet has been complaining that his teammates are not giving him enough touches :lol: Got 5 dimes on this game though (I reckon Cameron Payne finally found his pre-game dance buddy) and he's been shooting the lights out on the first 3 games of this streak. Jabari has been a letdown so far and so was WCJ or perhaps Lavine needs to facilitate more. Jabari is next up the plate now that Portis was sidelined. Can't wait to see how Napoleon Markkanen will fare on this Lavine-centric system.
Moz

Postby air gordon on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:30 am

lavine scoring with good efficiency :o
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:02 am

Moz The Boz wrote:Jabari has been a letdown so far and so was WCJ or perhaps Lavine needs to facilitate more.

At least Jabari was honest about his commitment to defense, I suppose. It's looking like it was too early for WCJ to start; perhaps he should come off the bench so that he can find his footing and confidence against opposing benches, then play his way back into the starting lineup. Too early to write him off because it does look like he has the tools to be a solid big, but definitely a shaky start for him. Bringing him off the bench might help in the long run.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Oct 27, 2018 1:13 am

some early brutal matchups for carter jr. embiid & drummond. maybe he's in there since he's the only big that can protect the paint and also defend on switches/can rotate out to the perimeter. even felecio was the 1st big off the bench instead of Rolo last game :o
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:01 pm

phpBB [video]

Breakout party? He needs to beef up. He looks too small against NBA centers. As I've said before, his post up repertoire looks polished enough he just needs to be more bulkier to keep up.

I like that Lavine is mixing up facilitating and carrying most of the scoring load lately. Also he's driving inside instead of jacking up perimeter shots. Blakeney was on fire in this game I wonder perhaps Justin Holiday being in the trade block is the reason why they elected to stick to him. ArcitheIdontknow looks like Hinrich when you look at him afar (perhaps due to that they have the same hairstyle and basketball gears). He's been great doing the little things. Can even say that he's their TJ McConell. Fuck Payne give him Kris Dunn's minutes.
Moz

Postby air gordon on Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:25 am

hah good hinrich call on arciwhatever spelling. caught the end and some earlier parts but Payne was dreadful. had some terrible filled TO play.

gotta give some kudos up to lavine. scoring in various ways and hitting some big shots.

go WCJ. looking more assertive. great call by hoiberg in giving him the minutes and sticking with him.

parker- cant wait til that contract expires. he's been a terrible fit
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:06 am

The good news is that Parker's contract is only guaranteed for one season. The bad news is that it's not outside the realm of possibility that they pick up the second year anyway.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:38 am

its strange to say but portis is the better fit than parker. starter or non starter. things will only get more awkward for parker once markkanen returns
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:33 am

$20 million well spent! On the other hand, LaVine is actually looking like a much better investment. It's still a bit of an Otto Porter-type deal, but he is playing well.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:27 am

Andrew wrote:The bad news is that it's not outside the realm of possibility that they pick up the second year anyway.

Not until he have (not that I'm being pessimistic or being a hater it's just the trend for the past years) his annual season-ending injury...

air gordon wrote:its strange to say but portis is the better fit than parker. starter or non starter.

The thing about Parker is that he doesn't have a reliable, or perhaps he doesn't have the guts to take much, perimeter game. I reckon he plays too cautious and safe. Can't blame him with his injury history...

New alternate jersey... It kinda looks like an away/alternate Argentinian national team jersey. The Finnish guy is ripped!

phpBB [video]

Another great game for WCJ. Those post up fadeaways are sweet. Everybody's suggesting that he's a Al Horford clone but is it just me or he plays kinda like Vin Baker (Milwaukee days) as well?
Moz

Postby air gordon on Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:28 am

in the last few games where he looks more comfortable/more assertive, i do see the horford skillset. he doesn't have the crappy odd form so he looks more fluid than hoford. defense for sure i see the similarity.

vin baker? ha first time hearing that one. have to dig back for that one. i just remember him having that odd skinny fat body but could still move and do that scissor kick jumper.

i dont want to give up on Parker just yet. still early. just wondering what position he plays? he can dribble and make some plays. does shoot but not particularly well and doesn't post up regularly.

maybe when valentine, markkanen, etc come back he will be on the floor with more shooting and that could open things up for him?

nice uni's and take on the chicago flag colors (Y)
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:47 am

Moz The Boz wrote:Not until he have (not that I'm being pessimistic or being a hater it's just the trend for the past years) his annual season-ending injury...

It has become an unfortunate trend for him. Ending that will be a good start.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Moz on Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:42 am

So here's another serving of Wendell Carter Jr's highlights

phpBB [video]

AD dominated the Bulls on this game but WCJ ain't too shabby going toe to toe with him. I would definitely offer Markieff Morris, George Hill, and Dion Waiters(IR) for him if he's on airgondon's fantasy team. He's one, along with Jabari, who's having good games for the past few because of Lavine not being too ballhoggy (having 4 plus dimes in the stretch of 4 games now).

It's pretty weird to hear someone who is more loud and enthusiastic than Stacy King in a Bulls broadcast. I'm gonna miss Neil Funk when he hangs it up...
Moz

Postby air gordon on Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:44 am

ha well done there with the trade offer squib. Know thy self...

thats the first bull game i watched finish to end. aside from some cruddy reserve play, it was a good one to watch even though NO controlled the game. looks like teams are finally gameplanning for lavine? holiday holding lavine down...

best moment was WCJ's face after parker threw a terrible lob to him. Parker whispered some words to him after the play and Carter's reaction was priceless
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Moz on Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:53 am

air gordon wrote:best moment was WCJ's face after parker threw a terrible lob to him. Parker whispered some words to him after the play and Carter's reaction was priceless

Actually he pushed him
https://twitter.com/Tyler_Pleiss/status ... 6440634368
What a twat :lol:
Moz

Postby air gordon on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:56 am

it would be nice for a change to have a less unpredictable game by parker. sometime he does that 2 dribble going nowhere move that ends up in a contested jump shot. sometimes he has him mind made up to finish at the basket, and other times he's just spaced out.

i think in that NY game he received some kick out passes and was standing out of bounds. smh

in other good news, archi-hinrich kicked payne to the curb. Thank you, Hoiberg.
Jump.
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball