Chicago Bulls Thread

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby Fresh8 on Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:27 am

Cleveland is sliding... how far is Chicago off fourth seed?
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby Doobie on Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:35 am

chicago is 1.5 game away from the 4th seed and .5 games away from cleveland (5th seed)
New York Knicks
Doobie
didn't do it.

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:08 pm

Q wrote:Hey andrew, do you think Ben Gordon could win R.O.Y. award?

He's got a chance, I hope that he gets a little recognition when the media members make their votes but Emeka's still more likely to get it. Gordon's got to be first team All-Rookie though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby The X on Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:21 pm

Andrew wrote:
Q wrote:Hey andrew, do you think Ben Gordon could win R.O.Y. award?

He's got a chance, I hope that he gets a little recognition when the media members make their votes but Emeka's still more likely to get it. Gordon's got to be first team All-Rookie though.

even if Gordon doesn't win ROY, I'd like to see him do the unprecedented and win 6th man of the year as a rookie....he's been a huge spark off the bench, and I feel like he deserves it more than say Jerry Stackhouse who has missed quite a bit of time through injury....

if you Gordon then maybe Rad, Fortson or a Sonic....
The X
is
NLSC Team Member

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:11 am

I really do hope Chicago can get in the Top 4! It will be exciting to watch the ressurection of the Dynasty that so many ppl can name even if they dont follow the NBA! (Y)
Fresh8

Postby Nel on Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:44 pm

Another win for the bulls. Ray Allen got psyched by Hinrich. :lol:
Nel

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 12, 2005 4:47 pm

A nice win today over the Pacific Division-leading Seattle Supersonics, 100-97. They're now neck and neck with Cleveland, though the tiebreaker leaves them in the sixth seed.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:50 am

this game was nuts. i couldn't believe the bulls were able to contain ray allen, well maybe not- he seemed like he missed a bunch of gimmes, and stop rashard lewis when they had to, who at times was posting up on duhon or hinrich on the blocks in the 4th

curry must like the coffee in seattle or something- he had another great game against the sonics

another double digit 4th quarter for mr gordon 8-)

great win. andrew you better order this game

next game at LAC tomorrow isn't televised around here! damn you ABC
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Strike Freedom on Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:02 pm

Hey! Look who's winnin again... Miami and Denver..
Miami straight 8 W's.. and Denver 7 W's... :lol:
Strike Freedom

Postby Fresh8 on Sun Mar 13, 2005 2:21 pm

Look whos winnign agin??? The Lakers.. 2 in a row!

seriously... Bulls are relying on Gordon... hes awesome in 4th quarters!
Fresh8

Postby Andrew on Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:19 pm

Lost to the Clippers today. :( Hopefully they can sweep the season series with Seattle when they play them at home on the 15th.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Mar 15, 2005 10:44 am

winning 2 of 3 in this mini west coast trip is a definite confidence booster

i fully expect ray allen to have a monster performance this time around. even if hinrich is holding and fouling him like last time

damn seems like brand always gets the best of the bulls
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:50 pm

4 straight losses, the latest to New Orleans. It's getting a little too close for comfort.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Amphatoast on Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:08 pm

hehe bulls late season collapse like Orlando? Makes the east more interesting with now 3 spots up for grabs
Funny how its those last 3 spots..decide who you wanna play.. Miami, Detriot or Boston?
I guess this means it's going to be the Wizards and Cavs in the 4th and 5th spot

This is really funny, because just when it looks like the Nets/Knicks are done, they got some hope left in them still..
Amphatoast

Postby Andrew on Sat Mar 19, 2005 3:28 pm

Needless to say, Chicago's best hope right now is to face Boston. History is against them, the season series is against them, but Miami is heating up for the playoffs (no pun intended) and Detroit is firmly back on track, their shaky start long behind them. Boston is Chicago's best hope of getting to the second round, but that's hardly a given, especially with Walker back in town and the Celtics playing so well. But I'd love to see them break that 0-10 drought against Boston in the postseason.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:39 pm

A timely win over Philadelphia today; if you're keeping score, that's two games over .500 in a virtual tie with Indiana, a tiebreaker the Bulls win at the moment. Losses to teams such as Indiana and Philadelphia would really hurt given all the tiebreaker situations that could very well arise as the season draws to a close.

Atlanta's up next. In theory that should be a win, but then again I figured they'd take the New Orleans game too. That's what I get for predicting 45-37 before they've reached 35 wins. ;) Speaking of which, 33 makes for a new high in the post-championship era.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Arcane on Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:04 pm

Chi-town are looking good 3 scorers getting 20+ pts in that game over motown-philly. I really hope chicago get a decent spot in playoffs. 33 wins this season thats a good start for this young team.
Arcane
The NLSC's Jim Jefferies
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:03 am

definitely a big win for the bulls. this is the first time this season the team is getting hit by the injury bug. even if harrington and duhon have been stepping up, no game is a walk in the park for them. whether its New Orleans, Atlanta, or whoever. they are just aren't that good enough where they can easily win a game without one of their best players. it's no coincidence the team went on a losing streak when luol deng went down

the race for the last few spots is really heating up and they need any win they could get while they are battling through these injuries. the teams behind them have some kind of injury/suspension/controversy to deal with. if chicago is still ahead of those teams when deng, hinrich, noce, and curry come back to full strength, it's possible they could be challenging for that 4th spot and home court ad in the 1st round
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:37 pm

Another win today, against the Hawks. Caught a couple of highlights on SC, including Chandler's alley-oop to Curry. (Y)

Home court is even more of an advantage in the postseason and the Bulls are 20-13 at home this year, but they're a greatly improved road team too. At 14-18, they're actually better on the road than Boston, Washington and Cleveland (and for that matter, everyone below them in the East save for Indiana, who are also 14-18). I know, the playoffs are a different ball game and these Bulls are lacking in postseason experience, but their improvement on the road is encouraging.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Fresh8 on Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:08 pm

Well, this is a good indicator for the future. Being swept in the first round is better than just missing the playoffs. Experience is something u pick up and learn.. u cant be taught it in normal circumstances!
Fresh8

Postby air gordon on Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:00 am

lol where's this 'swept in the 1st round' talk coming from??

curry had 24 points in 24 minutes (Y). i'm almost getting numb about his lack of rebounding #'s. but if hinrich gets a break for shooting under 40%, so should big eddy with his rebounding. the bulls are 1-5 without him. i hope pax realizes eddy's value to the team, even if eddy isn't a 'paxson or skiles' type of player
Jump.
air gordon

Postby J-Smoove on Thu Mar 24, 2005 1:23 pm

WOOP WOOP!! They win again.. without Hinrich too!

Mad skills by duhon.. 8boards and 8 assists.

TYCHAN with the OOOOOOOOOOP :mrgreen:
Signature Created by The G.O.A.T.
J-Smoove

Postby Andrew on Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:16 pm

And yet another new high for regular season wins in the post-championship era. ;) Since coming back from 0-9, they've been able to bounce back after every short losing streak and have reestablish their position in the top eight, and they've done it again. No time to get complacent, but they've got a bit of a cushion again.

ESPN Pacific Rim's schedule looks much better come playoff time, at least through the first round. I'm hoping they'll show at least one Bulls game, maybe a couple more (dare I say it?) if they advance to the second round.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Mar 24, 2005 4:22 pm

see, the bulls can win without hinrich. quick- trade him for a SG/SF type of player twisted:

seriously- hinrich's best position is point guard. when he matches up with SG, his offense suffers and he wears down from bigger guards. at the point, duhon provides just as much grittiness, heart, defense, and offensive awareness (maybe even more) as kirk.

the bulls won't ever reach the next level if hinrich is their best player and/or is the SG. chicago definitely would definitely get a stud SG/SF in return if they traded kirk
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Amphatoast on Thu Mar 24, 2005 5:01 pm

carmelo anthony?
Amphatoast

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball