The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby [Q] on Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:50 pm

Like the Lakers, the media always talks about the Knicks whether they're good or bad so there's always pressure every year to be good. Luckily it worked out for LA after getting some great young talent through the draft, tanking and saving cap space and landing LeBron and eventually trading for AD.

I honestly don't see the Knicks getting that lucky and if they even do, their management wouldn't be able to pull off any moves that would actually help them.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:41 pm

You hit the nail on the head there Q it's just like the Lakers and how ESPN's Jay Williams brought LeBron into his tweet the other day as Bron famously responded with "what the f*"k do I have to do with this conversation" it's just naming him or the Lakers for views or as us New York fans say... Knicks 4 Clicks
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:40 am

These talking heads run out of stuff to talk about and are encouraged to talk about bullshit for the shock value and click bait
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby bussinrounds on Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:03 pm

Jeffx wrote: it's the Knicks, wake me when they become relevant again.

This is where I'm at as a longtime Knicks fan. It's been so bad my friends that were Knick fans from back in the 90s aren't even basketball fans any more. :cry:
bussinrounds

Postby Jeffx on Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:48 am

mp3 wrote:Hey I'd love it if the fans, the media etc gave us time but they want instant results or even after excepting a rebuild a year or so is all there willing to except

The true fans don't have problem with a rebuild....problem is, the Knicks don't know how to do it. Their inept management always tries rebuilding on the fly, which never works.
Jeffx

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball