The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby Jowe on Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:32 pm

He had two assists though (Y)

He's already surpassing the lofty stats of the Greatest Centre of all time.

R.I.P Yinka.
Fee Nick's Uns [15-10] says:
i'd suck allen iverson's cock any day -
Fee Nick's Uns [15-10] says:
just so i could say i've met allen iverson
Jowe

Postby J@3 on Mon Jan 10, 2005 11:14 pm

It's a dark day for basketball.
J@3

Postby Amphatoast on Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:22 pm

well anther lost for the knicks, this time vs. the lonely hornets. The only positive things that came out of the game was the play of Jermone Williams and Treva Ariza.
I hope Williams stay in the startng line up when Tim Thomas comes back, he has earned his spot. Maybe Tim will do better off the bench. Williams is a excellent defender and rebounder- 2 things tim thomas doesn't provide.
Amphatoast

Postby Matthew on Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:56 pm

Jerome Williams isnt half the threat that thomas is though. You want to surround Marbury with shooters, like houston, crawford and tim thomas, so when he pentrate he can kick it once the defense has collapsed. I like Williams' energy off the bench.
Matthew

Postby air gordon on Thu Jan 13, 2005 4:19 am

TheCambyManVol3 wrote:Jerome Williams isnt half the threat that thomas is though. You want to surround Marbury with shooters, like houston, crawford and tim thomas, so when he pentrate he can kick it once the defense has collapsed. I like Williams' energy off the bench.

on offense, definitely yes. defense another story. NYk's defense is one of the worst in the L. i've seen a few stretches where their offense goes in a cold spell and since their defense can't stop anybody, opposing teams make these big runs on them. i thought Crawford'sftraa2qgfre defense was bad but now wilkens is openly complaining about allan houston's. at this point i think NYK needs the boost JYD gives them moreso then the inconsistent scoring TT provides

also- it's possible that NYK's offense can survive w/ JYD holding down the 3 spot for big minutes. look at kurt's game- great midrange shot- ideal for the pick n roll and the kickout. even nazr can step out & hit one. and there's already either houston or crawford out there spacing the floor out
air gordon

Postby cklitsie on Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:15 am

I saw this loss coming, it's just really something for the Knicks to lose to the Hornets (unfortunately) :(
Though, Ariza is the shiznit!
cklitsie

Postby Jeffx on Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:59 am

air gordon wrote:
TheCambyManVol3 wrote:Jerome Williams isnt half the threat that thomas is though. You want to surround Marbury with shooters, like houston, crawford and tim thomas, so when he pentrate he can kick it once the defense has collapsed. I like Williams' energy off the bench.

on offense, definitely yes. defense another story. NYk's defense is one of the worst in the L. i've seen a few stretches where their offense goes in a cold spell and since their defense can't stop anybody, opposing teams make these big runs on them. i thought Crawford'sftraa2qgfre defense was bad but now wilkens is openly complaining about allan houston's. at this point i think NYK needs the boost JYD gives them moreso then the inconsistent scoring TT provides

also- it's possible that NYK's offense can survive w/ JYD holding down the 3 spot for big minutes. look at kurt's game- great midrange shot- ideal for the pick n roll and the kickout. even nazr can step out & hit one. and there's already either houston or crawford out there spacing the floor out

That's what kills me about this current group of Knicks. In the 90's, my boys would lock teams down in the fourth quarter. With a few exceptions, these Knicks are f-n soft. They just don't have that tough, nasty, defensive mentality. Isiah has to bring in players with that kind of attitude.
Jeffx

Postby Amphatoast on Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:59 pm

knicks still playing like shit vs teams they should beat
latest lost was agains the Bucks at HOME.
I guess MSG isn't so hard to win in anymore..
Amphatoast

Postby cklitsie on Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:30 pm

I gave up on them already, let's just get a good draft pick (although this year's draft is kind of weak)
cklitsie

Postby Amphatoast on Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:23 am

i have a strange feeling marbury is the one to blame..every team he has been on has kind of struggled..although the play of the other players haven't been good, but marbury is our star player. He needs to be like Iverson and not be a star, but be a superstar.
Amphatoast

Postby Amphatoast on Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:06 pm

Is Marbury a Loser?

eh i'm getting the feeling he is..he hasn't had much success other than statistics, similar to Oscar Roberson ( altho his stats owned)
Amphatoast

Postby Goldberg on Wed Jan 26, 2005 11:12 pm

Great article today on Yahoo! Sports from a Sports Illustrated writer. Its a two part series article. You can find it online on Yahoo and SI.com

The writer pinpoint all that is going wrong with the Knicks (most of it could be applied to the NY Mets and NY Rangers also). In essence, he says that management of the Knicks should stop lying to the fans that the team is only one or two move away from being a powerhouse in the league. There are major problems, the NBA is competitive, and the Knicks refuse to look in the mirror and accept that rebuilding is inevitable.

Instead management continue to lie to the fans (call it marketing or propaganda), and continue to acquire overpaid underperforming athlete, with the result of barely making the playoff and being wipe out in the first round EVERY YEAR rather than rebuilding for a couple of years with youth and using money to add depth to the team.

Oh and he calls "selfish boy" Jamal Crawford signing as a mistake and says Crawford should be bench player... somewhere else. A sixth player.

Oh and I.Thomas should stop coaching during practice when the coach did not invite him.

Anyway, you come out of it thinking, first: many problems, and second: too much money involved to make this writers plan feasable. The Knicks will have to figure out another way to make it happen.
Goldberg

Postby cklitsie on Thu Jan 27, 2005 12:21 am

They need to get the next Charles Oakley, whoever that might be...
I'd really like to see some players in NY with less 'talent' and more 'effort'.
JYD is (Y), but other than that most players on the Knicks roster have been hyped way to early by the press, mostly when they just came into the league (Tim Thomas, Jamal Crawford, Allan Houston more or less).

The Knicks just need to rebuild, they always say how New Yorkers won't let the Knicks rebuild because they wan't to be in the playoffs every year? Well, I'm a Knicks fan and I know I won't mind seeing 2-3 big losing seasons to rebuild the franchise. At least they can really make the playoffs sometime again and not get the 8th seed because you'll be out in the first round 9 out of 10 times and you're not in the lottery either.

DRAFT ANDREW BOGUT!!! :twisted: lol
cklitsie

Postby Jeffx on Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:15 am

Hardcore Knick fans like us know what needs to be done. The problem is Jim Dolan. As long as he's in charge, Knicks will continue to be stuck in mediocrity.
Jeffx

Postby -BHZMAFIA- on Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:25 am

great loss by the knicks allowing 133 points to the suns :D

well from a fan that doesn't really like the knicks, i kind of want them to do well, but if they going to do well, i think isaiah should trade marbury for either a better passing PG or for a superstar thats a SG-SF because it looks like marbury hasn't really made anything happen in new york. i know 95% of the knicks fan like him because he is a native of new york and everything, but if he ain't that franchsie player, you need to trade him for someone who is or they need to change his attitude of the way he plays and just start dishing the ball more than shooting the ball. i know they need him to score at times, but if you look at the teams that actually do good in the league, you see that most of their pg's aren't scorers. nash, parker, bibby, jwill, sura (doesnt take ALOT of shots, but isn't the focal point of the offense), atkins, terry(shoots at times, but not as much as marbz) and ridnour. if marbury can pass the ball to people like crawford, thomas, nazr and all the other platyers on the knicks and if he averages around 14-15 and 8-10apg, you should see a different knicks team.
-BHZMAFIA-

Postby air gordon on Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:26 am

nyk wasn't that good to begin with before marbury got there, i don't see why they should be expected to that much better then what they're doing now

you could argue that his teammates are the problem. those other pg's you mentioned just so happen to have all star caliber players to pass to

starbury doesn't have that. he has career underachiever tim thomas @sf, damaged goods in houston and penny. now all 3 of these guys get paid like all stars but are nowhere near that level

kurt thomas of all people is their most consistent perimeter shooter.

nazr's play has been a pleasant surpise but nyk's post game is average at best.

crawford's a nice addition but he's not good enough yet to overcome the team's (and maybe his own) defencies

and to top things off nyk's defense is one of the league's worst

lol if marbs passed even more to his teammates, sure you'd see a different team, they'd be even worse
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Colin on Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:14 pm

People are too quick to blame everything on Marbz. His years in New Jersey were seasons where team mates dropped like flies with injuries and he only had a young, underdeveloped K-Mart. When JKidd got there he had a further improved K-Mart, Richard Jefferson, a healthy Kittles, etc. On the other hand Phoenix blew up the team to get Marbury and it paid off the next season when a team he led provided the toughest challenge for the future champion Spurs over the whole playoffs. The Suns played better against the Spurs then JKidd's Nets did. Then in teh half season before he was traded Amare was injured for most of the time. If he had gotten to play the second half of the season with a healthy Amare their record would definitley not be fucking 29-53.

Had he stayed with KG in Minny that team would be winning championships right now.
C#
Pretty Flaco
Colin

Postby Jeffx on Fri Jan 28, 2005 6:20 am

colin826 wrote:Had he stayed with KG in Minny that team would be winning championships right now.

Yep. If it wasn't for his immaturity(back then), he & KG could have been a dynamic duo.

As for my Knicks, I hope they keep losing so they'll get a nice lottery pick. F--- all that B.S. playoff talk from Isiah & Dolan. I'll suffer through 3-5 losing seasons while we slowly rebuild. Chicago did, now look where they are. They're stacked with young talent.
Jeffx

Postby Amphatoast on Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:10 pm

Do they get lottery picks? I thought they traded all there good picks to pheniox in the marbury deal..
Amphatoast

Postby Jeffx on Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:10 am

Amp, I'm pretty sure they have a lottery pick this year. I'll check it out.

What do you think about the Larry Brown rumors? Considering Brown's history, I could see it happening. But Larry should think twice. Knicks are handcuffed by Houston's contract, and have one of the worst owners in the league. This team is light years away from being a serious contender.
Jeffx

Postby John WB on Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:39 am

They have a draft pick this year, so like Jeffx I'm now pulling for the Knicks to lose so we can hopefully get a good draft pick and get some good talent on our team.
John WB

Postby Amphatoast on Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:11 am

a little note-
The Knicks are 2-11 since point guard Stephon Marbury publicly declared himself the league's best point guard.
Amphatoast

Postby Drex on Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:17 am

We could expect a little more from the best PG in the league :shake:
Drex
You bastards!!!

Postby The GOAT on Mon Jan 31, 2005 7:24 am

LMAO hopefully he will shut his mouth. Asnd when I tell my friend that (he thinks that Marbury actually is the best in the NBA, saying all Kidd does is pass and play defense. What a dipshit.) hopefully he will too.

There is no truth. There is only you and what you make the truth.
The GOAT

Postby Indy on Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:03 am

since hes said that he has moved out of the top 3 pgs in the league.

not because he said that but because of his awful play.
Indy

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball