The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Postby Jeffx on Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:18 am

Jona2112 wrote:
Drex wrote:Best PG of the League my ass :x

Oh, mine to. And everybody's ass. :D
Who does he think he is. If his statements were true, the Knicks wouldn't be in the position they are in right now. :?

Oh yes they would. Knicks are a poorly constructed team, which isn't Steph's fault. No size, no defensive stoppers and no inside prescence that commands double-teams. Short-sided decisions by upper management(over the past several years) put the Knicks in this sorry state.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Thu Feb 17, 2005 12:24 am

Amphatoast wrote:........
but this kinda sucks for marbury, he continues to be a "loser."

It's hard to fell sorry for Steph. He had a perfect situation in Minnesota. Can you imagine what he & Garnett could have done together? But instead of thinking team, he wanted to be the man and wanted out.
Jeffx

Postby Jona on Thu Feb 17, 2005 2:15 am

Jeffx wrote:
Jona2112 wrote:
Drex wrote:Best PG of the League my ass :x

Oh, mine to. And everybody's ass. :D
Who does he think he is. If his statements were true, the Knicks wouldn't be in the position they are in right now. :?

Oh yes they would. Knicks are a poorly constructed team, which isn't Steph's fault. No size, no defensive stoppers and no inside prescence that commands double-teams. Short-sided decisions by upper management(over the past several years) put the Knicks in this sorry state.

If Marbury was the BEST PG in the league, he Knicks would obviously be in another position. Who do you think the best PG in the league is?? Jason Kidd, Steve Nash??

With one of those guys NY would have a better record I believe. :cool:
Jona - Rush Fan
Jona

Postby Jeffx on Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:07 am

I'm sure Kidd or Nash could have won us a few more games, but that's it. Knicks just don't have the right personnel.
Jeffx

Postby Matthew on Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:14 am

Im not sure about Kidd, their record didnt start improving untill vince came in. Nash is a good fit in phoenix, but look at the supporting cast, he has 2 all stars alongside him. Marbury has injuries and overpaid role players... Marbury has played as good as anyone can individually at the pg position, its about time other players started to pull their weight.
Matthew

Postby Jeffx on Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:49 am

TheCambyManVol3 wrote:Im not sure about Kidd, their record didnt start improving untill vince came in. Nash is a good fit in phoenix, but look at the supporting cast, he has 2 all stars alongside him. Marbury has injuries and overpaid role players... Marbury has played as good as anyone can individually at the pg position, its about time other players started to pull their weight.

Thank you! You can't make chicken soup out of chicken s---, and that's what the Knicks are.
Jeffx

Postby Ruff Ryder on Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:36 am

Bumpity Bump bump

Knicks playing Philly right now, Trevor Ariza is having a good game. Knicks down by a couple of baskets though.

Got a couple draft picks and role players, I think the future is shaping up.

'Retired'

"You can’t drive a knife into a man’s back nine inches, pull it out six inches, and call it progress."-Malcolm X
Ruff Ryder

Postby Leander on Fri Feb 25, 2005 8:23 pm

Damn, Nazr Mohammed was traded. He was a solic center and played a rather good season.

But what now? The Knicks don't have a tall center. Kurt Thomas is undersized, he will be the starting center though. But then? Who will be his backup?
And no, the Knicks can't play without tall centers like the Soncis are good at, for example.

I'm missing "my old" team with Ewing, Oakley and Starks. :(
Leander

Postby Ataraxia on Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:09 pm

stupid trades really....Malik Rose is a good player aswell but weird cause Nazr was having a near double double season.....

Mo Taylor will add some offense....but again hes one of those "bench" suited big men.....he only really has his offense to get him by in the league....

I dont think those picks r gonna bring anything special....because next year isnt a very deep draft....I dunno maybe Isiah can find another steal like he did with Ariza....but the Knicks seriously need a top class big man...they should push for a sign and trade for Stro or smth.....

anyway I dont think the Knicks will really push for the Atlantic with C-Web ++ coming to Philly n Toine(even though that trade is dumb as hell) going back to Boston....its gonna be hard for the Knicks to keep up.

n I agree.......Marbury has been very cocky in terms of comments.....but u cant blame him.....Houston has been injured almost all-season....n well Tim Thomas is the most inconsistant forward in the game....n Crawford too hasnt done enough based on what was expected....

Put Marbury in a team like Denver or Orlando.....and he'll do fine.....and Cambyman's rite....J-Kidd wasnt doin all too well till VC came in.....n Nash has prolly the most options for a point guard in the league.....I mean most of those guys(specially the starting 5) will be either No.1 or No.2 options on over half the teams in the league.
Ataraxia

Postby Leander on Fri Feb 25, 2005 11:28 pm

There is no use in having lots of forwards off the bench. I don't know who will start then but the Knicks should use their rookies better.

Frank Williams was bad in the beginning but then develloped..now he's traded and is rotting on the Bulls bench...injured or not.

And Sweetney is a good rebounder, he should get much playing time..but if new forwards are acquired, he won't get that much time.
Leander

Postby Jeffx on Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:26 am

Leander wrote:Damn, Nazr Mohammed was traded. He was a solic center and played a rather good season.

But what now? The Knicks don't have a tall center. Kurt Thomas is undersized, he will be the starting center though. But then? Who will be his backup?
And no, the Knicks can't play without tall centers like the Soncis are good at, for example.

I'm missing "my old" team with Ewing, Oakley and Starks. :(

Here's something for us Knick fans to weep over.....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baske ... 3624c.html
Jeffx

Postby Leander on Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:33 am

Wow, the salary cap is even bigger...lots of f***ing money for no good roster. Well, yes, the Knicks have some good players but the chemistry doesn't work, Houston is injured and...

The Knicks have shown how you can actually ruin a team.
Leander

Postby Matthew on Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:19 am

The knicks were already ruined. It's not Isiah's fault. As for their deadline deals, they arent blockbusters, but they arent bad either. The essentially gave up Mohammed for Rose and Mo Taylor, which isnt bad at all, plus they get a few draft picks. Isiah has always had good drafts, from Damon Stoudamire, to Tmac, to Ariza.
Matthew

Postby Jeffx on Sat Feb 26, 2005 11:05 am

Matt, Isiah needs to cut salary, not add to it. It's killing our future, man. It may be 5 years before this team gets under the cap. I'm so f-n frustrated with this current regime. We're just going in circles. :x
Jeffx

Postby Jona on Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:17 pm

Isiah is stupid.

He's just an overrated president of BO with TONS of money for him to spend.

The last Spurs deal for Rose was such a steal for SanAn... :o
Jona - Rush Fan
Jona

Postby Fresh8 on Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:07 pm

At least he sent Moochie back to where he belongs! Thats a smart move.... (I dont know what im saying)
Fresh8
The poster formerly known as Sit

Postby twolvezfanfoever on Sat Feb 26, 2005 3:54 pm

Can somebody tell me what is yaw gm doin?
twolvezfanfoever

Postby Matthew on Sat Feb 26, 2005 4:09 pm

Jeffx wrote:Matt, Isiah needs to cut salary, not add to it. It's killing our future, man. It may be 5 years before this team gets under the cap. I'm so f-n frustrated with this current regime. We're just going in circles. :x

I do see what you're saying, but he got rid of Vin Baker and Moochies contract, added Maurice Taylors and Malik Rose's. If he wants to make a deal later, which are more appealing contracts? I have to think Malik Rose's and Taylors, just becuase they arent vin baker and Moochie Norris'.

Also, He really hasnt added to the Knicks cap. They were in a shocking positon before. At least they have some picks now, and I trust Isiah with the draft.
Matthew

Postby Leander on Sun Feb 27, 2005 3:34 am

What's the sense in these stupid trades? I can't believe it, neither Rose nor Taylor are good players, now the Knicks have lots of average forwards, what for?

Kurt Thomas starts as center and who is his backup? Lots of like 6' 9'' forwards, what for? And Sundov is his backup or what?

Damn, the Knicks keep being worse and worse.
Leander

Postby ShivaSquad on Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:44 am

yea i gav up on them back wen marbury ran his mouth
Posts keep posters happy. Happy posters mean good posts. :)
ShivaSquad

Postby Matthew on Sun Feb 27, 2005 7:59 am

Leander wrote:What's the sense in these stupid trades? I can't believe it, neither Rose nor Taylor are good players, now the Knicks have lots of average forwards, what for?

Kurt Thomas starts as center and who is his backup? Lots of like 6' 9'' forwards, what for? And Sundov is his backup or what?

Damn, the Knicks keep being worse and worse.

The "sense" is that they gave up one average polayer (mohammed) for two decent roles players (in taylor and rose) plus they got some draft picks.

Whats funny is that Isiah got criticised for trading draft picks in the marbury deal, now he is getting criticised for trading for draft picks.

Isiah has more haters than Kobe.
Matthew

Postby Leander on Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:46 am

And who will be the backup center?
Leander

Postby Matthew on Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:07 am

Who was the backup centre before the trade?
Matthew

Postby Amphatoast on Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:37 am

kurt thomas/mike sweetney/vin baker
Amphatoast

Postby Matthew on Sun Feb 27, 2005 11:42 am

Kurt Thomas was starting power forward.. now, like before, its backup centre by commitee. Malik Rose will be getting the bulk of the minutes though probably.
Matthew

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball