The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Leander on Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:50 am

Durant's injured now...another not so bright future for the Knicks. :(
Leander

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:10 pm

Talent-wise, Anthony Davis would be a fine player to build around. The way he openly quit on the Pelicans is a red flag as far as his attitude and competitive drive, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:46 am

Andrew wrote:Talent-wise, Anthony Davis would be a fine player to build around. The way he openly quit on the Pelicans is a red flag as far as his attitude and competitive drive, though.

But the Knicks would have to gut the team to get him....it'll be another Carmelo Anthony situation. I'll pass.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:56 pm

That's a good point. I'm not sure why I suggested him actually, given that he's not a free agent this year. That's a more important factor than questions about his attitude.

Crazy as it sounds, I think they should make overtures to Kawhi Leonard. It's a long shot, but they should let Kawhi take them out of the running, not bow out of the race themselves. Anyone who has the cap space should at least try to set up a meeting and make their pitch. Even in the wake of winning the championship, Kawhi doesn't seem ready to publicly commit to staying in Toronto, so the Knicks might as well shoot their shot.

The same goes for Jimmy Butler, and indeed, he might be the slightly more realistic target. I think there's a good chance he stays put, but at the same time, it's not a lock. Once again, you let him take you out of the running rather than assume you have no chance. Of course, like Kawhi, Butler is also only a free agent if he opts out, but the chances of them at least doing that to keep their options open are probably quite good.

Tobias Harris is an interesting option, though I have a feeling he's going to be overpaid wherever he lands. I'd have thought Otto Porter Jr. would serve as a warning to NBA teams, but it doesn't seem to be the case. Overspending just to make some kind of a big signing or not letting a player walk for nothing in return still seems to be a thing, and it doesn't do a rebuilding effort any good. Still, I do think Harris is up there among the better free agent options, especially with the bigger names being less likely or ruled out as undesirable for the Knicks.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:33 am

Andrew, if the Knicks can't get an ELITE free agent, then stick with the youth movement....draft RJ, continue to develop the young guys and hope they can take the next step. Knicks will be a lottery team for awhile, so draft smart, acquire assets, and maybe they'll hit it big in free agency next season.

I would not max out next-tier guys like Butler & Harris....I've seen enough of that in NY over the past 20 years and what has it gotten them? Except for Durant, Golden State built their core the right way - Knicks should follow their example.
Jeffx

Postby [Q] on Tue Jun 18, 2019 9:26 am

Sure, but the Golden State example requires a good owner and GM that won't make the wrong picks or make hasty trades if a guy doesn't make an immediate impact and well...
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:43 pm

Good fortune, too. Sometimes the picks that seemed like the right choice don't pan out, while picks who are less hyped turn out to be stars.

I think there is merit in deciding not to spend a lot of money if the top tier free agents are unavailable, but I imagine the pressure to make some sort of move is immense, which is why teams are still doing it and overpaying just to bring in someone.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:21 am

Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:24 pm

Interesting summer league game on now, Knicks vs Pelicans. First look at Zion & RJ.
Jeffx

Postby Murat on Sun Jul 07, 2019 4:43 am

Allonzo Trier jammed it during the earthquake. Mitchell Robinson blocking everything around. What a duo.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby kibaxx7 on Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:27 am

Been following the Knicks this past season, since Manu left the Spurs. I'm also a huge fan of Arsenal in the Premier League. I think I'm some kind of masochist. :lol:
× Club Atlético Independiente. ×
× Watching:
Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Echo ×
× Watched:
Drunken Master (1978), Romeo + Juliet (1996), Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba - To the Hashira Training (2024) ×
kibaxx7
炭治郎

Postby Jeffx on Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:48 am

Players want no part of James Dolan....what a shock!

https://wfan.radio.com/articles/news/en ... ames-dolan
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:05 am

The Knicks are great at two things - losing and bull-jiving the fans. We're supposed to believe this was the gameplan all along - HAHAHAHAHA!!!! They were forced to do this because the A-List cats were smart and wanted nothing to do with this laughingstock franchise - a 20-year dumpster fire. Mills must have nude pictures of Dolan. He's a bootlicking clown who's not qualified to run a junior varsity team.

https://www.complex.com/sports/2019/09/ ... -buying-it
Jeffx

Postby [Q] on Thu Oct 03, 2019 8:14 am

Randle was a good pickup though. He'll be in conversation for all star team
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:32 am

Knicks will be lucky to win 30 games. Still don't have a PG with a serious offensive game, which is a must in today's NBA.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Sat Oct 26, 2019 9:20 pm

Today's NBA is all about great point guard play. The Knicks have three and they all suck. Not one of them were on the court at crunch time in last night's loss to the Nets.....pathetic. Fizdale putting RJ Barrett at the 1 tells you he has no confidence in Smith, Payton or the french fry. Knicks haven't had a great point guard since Walt Frazier. Mark Jackson was good, but not on Clyde's level.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:28 am

I'm sick of Fizdale already...this season should be about developing the young guys, not giving more minutes to 2nd & 3rd tier cats who'll be gone by the trading deadline.

But it's not all on Fizdale...he's saddled with a poorly contructed roster, thanks to the clueless GM & team president.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/bask ... story.html
Jeffx

Postby [Q] on Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:58 am

Whoever their GM is went to the Mitch Kupchak School of Spending Money Just to Spend Money, as the Wayne Ellington, Taj Gibson, and Reggie Bullock overpays were all head scratchers.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:42 pm

Knicks need FIBA World Cup Frank Ntilikina to show up.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:37 am

[Q] wrote:Whoever their GM is went to the Mitch Kupchak School of Spending Money Just to Spend Money, as the Wayne Ellington, Taj Gibson, and Reggie Bullock overpays were all head scratchers.

https://nypost.com/2019/11/04/knicks-fi ... d-fizdale/

Quote: "Also in Fizdale’s defense, no other organization would have paid Julius Randle $63 million over three years to be the franchise centerpiece except the Knicks."

https://twitter.com/sbondynydn/status/1 ... 67072?s=21
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu Nov 07, 2019 11:08 am

The Bulls might've, if they were in the same situation. They did give Jabari Parker $20 million last season, and he was gone by the deadline.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:36 am

yeah maybe they would have but you gotta give them credit for the team option instead of multi year contract and then flipping him for porter JR

but misery likes company. bulls and knicks are league basement dwellers
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Tue Nov 12, 2019 7:01 am

LOL @ Mills (Dolan's butt-boy) and Perry trying to make Fizdale the fall guy. Fiz hasn't been perfect, but he didn't put this roster together....a roster with too many forwards, no true PG and Julius Randle as the centerpiece on offense. Are you kidding me?????????

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/280 ... ale-firing
Jeffx

Postby [Q] on Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:59 am

Much like many shitty teams, it starts with the owner. Donald Sterling, Dolan, Dan Snyder, whoever the Cleveland Browns owner is, they are all doomed franchises
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Nov 12, 2019 11:12 am

We all know that coaches are almost always the fall guy - "can't fire all the players, so you fire the coach" as the saying goes - but to throw him under the bus publicly like that? They're definitely doing him particularly dirty.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball