The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:09 am

Ntilikina's done for the year....just another in a long line of Knick draft busts.

I get sick every time I watch Donovan Mitchell. Thank you Phil Jackson.

https://nypost.com/2019/03/29/knicks-sh ... is-future/
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:36 am

Yeah, I think the frustrating thing is well never get to see him play consistently because he's always injuired.

I wanted to see what he and DSJ looked like in a backcourt together
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby mp3 on Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:38 pm

Innocent until proven guilty as always.

KP accused of rape after tearing ACL and alleged to of offered 68k in "Hush money" girl went to the police while he was still a knick and the Mavs were made aware of the pending possible charges before they made the trade has Mavs fans livid with front office.

If true this is bad the Mavs and of course KP granted there are holes on this girls story but similar to the Kobe case that even if proven innocent it will loom over KP and Mavs all year long.

Throw in the fact that KP is still technically injured, Timmy now has a stress fracture, Lee is washed up and Burke is probably gone the trade isn't looking too good for the Mavs right now
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Wed May 15, 2019 7:21 am

One of the biggest nights in Knicks history since 1985, but I'm expecting the 5th pick.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed May 15, 2019 12:07 pm

Third pick it is.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 15, 2019 12:14 pm

Jeffx wrote:One of the biggest nights in Knicks history since 1985, but I'm expecting the 5th pick.

Another rigged lottery. But hey, at least it was rigged FOR you when you got Ewing.

Pels get #1, Lakers get #4... rigggghttttttt. Well played NBA.

phpBB [video]
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Wed May 15, 2019 1:35 pm

Pass me the salt :D
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Jeffx on Thu May 16, 2019 3:35 am

Pass me the aspirin
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu May 16, 2019 11:45 am

The really heartbreaking thing about it for Knicks fans is that Zion Williamson was reportedly keen to go to New York. It's like hearing that a place was keen to hire you but can't because the department has been hit by a funding/hiring freeze; a small comfort, but in some ways even more frustrating (speaking from experience on that one).
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Thu May 16, 2019 5:56 pm

I watched this hilarious video of Knicks fans cheering the Lakers getting the 4th pick like crazy and then lost it when the Knicks got 3rd lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Thu May 16, 2019 11:28 pm

Andrew wrote:The really heartbreaking thing about it for Knicks fans is that Zion Williamson was reportedly keen to go to New York. It's like hearing that a place was keen to hire you but can't because the department has been hit by a funding/hiring freeze; a small comfort, but in some ways even more frustrating (speaking from experience on that one).

It never ends, Andrew. Now the Knicks HAVE to hit a home run in free agency.....if not, they'll be watching ping-pong balls next season.
Jeffx

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 30, 2019 4:52 am

It was reported today that Kevin Durant put his house up for sale in the Bay Area and bought a home in New York.

So hey, good news for you Knicks fans. Not a done deal but that's promising.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/conte ... -new-york/
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Thu May 30, 2019 8:38 am

It's usually a good predictor. Don't forget LeBron bought a house in LA and enrolled his son before he officially signed

Although it could be a big swerve and he signs with the Nets lol
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Thu May 30, 2019 8:46 am

[Q] wrote:It's usually a good predictor. Don't forget LeBron bought a house in LA and enrolled his son before he officially signed

Going to the Brooklyn makes more sense...better run franchise with young talent. IMO, the Nets with Durant could be a 4 seed in the East.

You don't go to the Knicks to win, only to get paid.
Jeffx

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 30, 2019 1:32 pm

Jeffx wrote:
[Q] wrote:It's usually a good predictor. Don't forget LeBron bought a house in LA and enrolled his son before he officially signed

Going to the Brooklyn makes more sense...better run franchise with young talent. IMO, the Nets with Durant could be a 4 seed in the East.

I dont agree. And as much as KD states that he doesnt care about his legacy, I dont believe it. Knicks are where it's at, where he will get the most attention, and who have struggled for the longer period (and were obviously worse last year than brooklyn).

For as big of a shock as it was that he went to GS, he will want an equal shock for the positive on his way out. That would be joining one of the worst teams in the East, as opposed to before when he joined the best team in the West.

IMO it will mean more if he wins with the New York Knicks as opposed to the Nets, and part of that is because Knicks fans haven't had anything to cheer about for quite awhile, and it's obviously a franchise rich with history.

I think he signs with the Knicks.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu May 30, 2019 5:09 pm

Well, things certainly just got interesting.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Fri May 31, 2019 8:16 am

Dee4Three wrote:
Jeffx wrote:

I dont agree. And as much as KD states that he doesnt care about his legacy, I dont believe it. Knicks are where it's at, where he will get the most attention, and who have struggled for the longer period (and were obviously worse last year than brooklyn).

For as big of a shock as it was that he went to GS, he will want an equal shock for the positive on his way out. That would be joining one of the worst teams in the East, as opposed to before when he joined the best team in the West.

IMO it will mean more if he wins with the New York Knicks as opposed to the Nets, and part of that is because Knicks fans haven't had anything to cheer about for quite awhile, and it's obviously a franchise rich with history.

But you still have to put a team around Durant. The Knicks front office isn't smart enough to do that. They're as inept as the owner, especially Steve Mills.
Jeffx

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 31, 2019 8:26 am

Jeffx wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:
Jeffx wrote:

But you still have to put a team around Durant. The Knicks front office isn't smart enough to do that. They're as inept as the owner, especially Steve Mills.

Oh I agree, but I dont think that will impact his decision to GO to the Knicks this time around. My opinion is that he is going regardless.

If Dennis Smith Jr takes the next step, and they can sign ONE of the other above average names (Say Vucevic, whose at the end of his prime but a very good player), they could potentially compete in the East, even though it has gotten stronger. Obviously they would need to make other small moves to sure up the supporting cast (give them some depth), but yeah.

Knox showed potential as well. Him and Dennis Smith JR could take the next step.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Fri May 31, 2019 12:47 pm

That's probably the only thing (and it could be the reason why he goes) the Knicks have is that they're the Knicks. The history, the Garden, etc
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri May 31, 2019 1:41 pm

It's a challenge as well. It could be likened to LeBron returning to Cleveland after picking up a couple of rings in Miami. Some of the pressure's off, he's had the experience of winning a championship, the next thing legacy-wise is to lift a team and prove he can do it as the centrepiece that's being built around as opposed to joining a defending champion.

Or maybe he wants to chase some scoring records.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:13 am

I'll believe all this Kevin Durant talk when it happens.

This would be a typical Knick move;

https://www.ibtimes.com/nba-rumors-knic ... ns-2796782
Jeffx

Postby air gordon on Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:23 am

Jeffx wrote:

ha you may have talked that into existence. Nets now in the running to land 2 big fish
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:48 pm

Well, I guess the Kevin Durant sweepstakes is over....I wonder what 'Plan B' is.

Whatever it is, it better not include Davis. The last thing we need is another Carmelo situation where management guts the team and loses valuable assets.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:43 pm

Kyrie Irving, I imagine. It's sounding like Kemba Walker is leaning towards staying in Charlotte.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:31 am

I want no part of Kyrie Irving.....from everything you hear, he likes Brooklyn. Good....go let him wreck that franchise.

I can not believe the number of Knick fans who still want the team to sign Durant. Do they know the meaning of insanity? Have they been asleep the past 20 years? This franchise has been a dumpster fire because of that line of thinking.

Someone said the Knicks have the most delusional fan base in the NBA, and they're right.
Jeffx

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball