The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby tacitus kilgore on Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:48 pm

I could see Jordan staying with the Knicks. He seemed so dead inside on the Mavs, I think the change of scenery will be good for him. Already looks happier.
tacitus kilgore

Postby mp3 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:03 pm

The Knicks have said they would like to keep Jordan around to mentor Mitchell Robinson and I think his close friendship with Durant there thinking with help bring him to NYC but I can't see him being a knick passed this season, he has told his people that he wouldn't mind a return back to LA but I think he's a pro and will do his job till then.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Murat on Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:40 am

New York acquired enough players to surround a superstar. Hope we can sign KD.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby mp3 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:10 am

Agreed I just hope we don't get in on a trade for AD
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:00 am

mp3 wrote:Knicks back in action tonight Vs the Pistons and DSJ has had a couple of days to get used to things in NY, I won't mention the other two traded because Wes won't be a knick passed the deadline and I think Jordan will only last till the summer.

The trade happened, both parties didn't help the situation but it's a new day and we have to all move forward myself included so it's time to focus on developing our young core from here in out and see what he draft and free agency brings us!

It's great to be young and enthusiastic.....eventually you'll learn like I did not to put any faith in this shit franchise turning things around. What sports franchise is successful with a garbage owner?

Read it and weep;

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/bask ... story.html
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:16 am

A shame the rumours that he was selling the team turned out to be nothing more than speculation. You all deserve better.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Thu Feb 07, 2019 2:50 pm

Not sure the "young and enthusiastic" is anymore but at 38 Iam definitely optimistic.
mp3

Postby tacitus kilgore on Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:39 pm

I'm 21 and a Raptors fan, most of my life has been staring into the abyss

phpBB [video]

and the abyss stared into me
tacitus kilgore

Postby Jeffx on Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:37 am

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/bask ... story.html

Knicks trying to pull a fast one...

Here we go again.....Knicks selling "hope" and too many fans buying that jive. They've been selling "hope" for nearly 17 years, and they're still one of the worst-run organizations in pro sports.

Why would Durant or any top FA want to go from the penthouse to the outhouse? These cats know the deal about the nonsense at MSG. Even if NY does land two stars, you guys think our FO is smart enough to put the right pieces around them? Please. Show me the franchise that wins in spite of a bad owner/culture.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:30 am

Probably the Bulls, though there was more competence in the front office amidst the dysfunction. Having MJ probably helped somewhat, too.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:34 pm

tacitus kilgore wrote:I'm 21 and a Raptors fan, most of my life has been staring into the abyss

phpBB [video]

and the abyss stared into me

Bargnani was born too soon, his skillset would have been perfect in today's NBA.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby mp3 on Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:23 am

That's true, but what does that say about the current nba?
mp3

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:49 pm

That shooters are valued more now.

Overall, offenses are better today, better spacing, multiple screens on and off ball, better ball rotation and cuts to beat the zone.
Even the skill required to play good defense today is a lot higher since the defender now has all these disadvantages compared to how it was in the past.

The costs of it all are the constant free throw parade and the death of great post play.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Leander on Fri Mar 01, 2019 10:42 am

Soon everyone will be shooting from halfcourt or beyond. :)
Leander

Postby Jeffx on Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:52 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwZ5rEudAps

It shows why this franchise has been a s***fest for nearly 18 years. Since 2001-02, the Knicks have the worst record in the NBA. But nothing will ever change guys, because these idiot fans don't hold Dolan accountable. They continue to buy tickets and pack MSG no matter what. The Knicks are a friggin' cash cow - where else do you see this in pro sports????
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:33 pm

I have to agree that we will never turn the corner unless things like this stop happening, it's not as bad as the Oakley event but it's an abuse of power
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:14 am

Oakley not doing the Knicks any favors;

https://clutchpoints.com/nba-news-charl ... ad-knicks/
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:11 am

Harsh words, but understandable. Is he still banned from MSG?
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:39 am

Jeffx wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwZ5rEudAps

It shows why this franchise has been a s***fest for nearly 18 years. Since 2001-02, the Knicks have the worst record in the NBA. But nothing will ever change guys, because these idiot fans don't hold Dolan accountable. They continue to buy tickets and pack MSG no matter what. The Knicks are a friggin' cash cow - where else do you see this in pro sports????

Chicago bulls
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:37 am

air gordon wrote:
Jeffx wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwZ5rEudAps

Chicago bulls

At least the Bulls had SOME good years with Thibs/ Rose/ Noah/ Jimmy B. They were a contender. It's better than what the Knicks have done the past 18 years.

The biggest problem with the Knicks has always been the front office, even pre-Dolan. They're the polar opposite of the San Antonio Spurs. Instead of drafting smart, scouting well, and developing players, the Knicks management always goes for the quick fix, trading away draft picks and signing high-priced free agents past their prime. This has been going on since Spencer Heywood and Marvin Webster. And if you look up their draft history aside from Patrick Ewing, it'll make non-Knick fans laugh (makes me cry). I've seen my share of bad losing stretches, but this is as bad as it gets.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:36 am

Jeffx wrote:the Knicks management always goes for the quick fix, trading away draft picks and signing high-priced free agents past their prime.

The Bulls have done that a few times in recent years as well. I guess there's more pressure and less patience being in two of the biggest markets in the league and country, but it's still a mistake.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:51 am

worse signing- broke knees stoudamire or broke boozer?
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:27 am

Tough question. The Stoudemire signing looked a lot better before the Melo trade.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:19 am

I think the Amare signing was better because he was a legit star who had producing despite all the injuries he had we just come to accept that's what you get with him and yeah Andrew when he signed he was in the early runnings as an mvp type player till the Melo trade then the ball stopped moving from the pick and roll game to iso and he fell apart, didn't help that have the team who he clicked with got traded
mp3

Postby air gordon on Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:34 am

Would have preferred amare also. Didn't know boozer would turn into a marshmallow when he put on a bulls uniform
Jump.
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball