The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby mp3 on Sun May 07, 2023 6:37 pm

Theses playoffs are taking a toll for the worst for our knicks, I 5hink injuries may take us out here, sure the league is banged up and that's life in the league but hey ho we are still building the right way I just hope we can dig deep in game 4
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Tue May 09, 2023 8:15 am

If they lose Game 4 tonight, series is over.
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Wed May 24, 2023 5:38 pm

I don't feel as bad losing to the Heat after seeing how there smashing Boston, its hard not to cheer for Jimmy Butler regardless of them knocking our knicks out but if they go back to finals I kind of feel like how we did in 99 knocking them out as the 8th seed and losing in the finals to the Spurs
mp3

Postby mp3 on Sat Jun 10, 2023 6:44 am

So looks like Josh Hart is opting out of his contract and testing free agency, I really hope the knicks can bring him back, 18 min a year is well worth what he brings to the table on a nightly basis
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:50 am

No, no, a thousand times no! Don't want Zion Williamson anywhere near the Knicks. Dude's missed 60% of his games. He's too much of a risk with his weight, poor conditioning and injuries. This would be one of the worst moves in Knick history (of which there are plenty).

https://www.si.com/nba/knicks/news/zion ... ree-agency
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Thu Jun 22, 2023 4:59 pm

I don't want him either but I feel like a change of scenery he would try harder to be on court.
mp3

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 22, 2023 10:59 pm

I wonder about that as well. It seems like he's unmotivated with the Pelicans, and maybe a change of scene will light that fire. At the same time, old habits die hard, and a player who seemingly lacks that competitive spirit even in a tough situation - not to mention lacks dedication to staying in shape and suffering injuries as a result - probably isn't going to magically become a workhorse. Normally you wouldn't turn away talent like that, but when the baggage is too much...well, it'd suck to lose depth and give up players who will compete for someone who might be spending more time in street clothes than a jersey.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:52 am

Exactly, as a fan of the nba and was of Zion he lost me when he quit on the Pels with that "I don't want to return till I feel like Zion" comment when BI came back probably 80% healthy to help the team make the playoffs which he has now confirmed after he addressed CJ's comments but we all knew to well who CJ was pointing the finger at here plus iam a huge fan of the JJ Redick podcast and as he said he was a teammate and qualified to be able to say that Zion is a detached teammate.

I think I speak for myself, Jeff and yourself Andrew us been old school nba fans and that type of bs just doesn't fly with us.
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Fri Jun 23, 2023 12:22 pm

mp3 wrote:Exactly, as a fan of the nba and was of Zion he lost me when he quit on the Pels with that "I don't want to return till I feel like Zion" comment when BI came back probably 80% healthy to help the team make the playoffs which he has now confirmed after he addressed CJ's comments but we all knew to well who CJ was pointing the finger at here plus iam a huge fan of the JJ Redick podcast and as he said he was a teammate and qualified to be able to say that Zion is a detached teammate.

I think I speak for myself, Jeff and yourself Andrew us been old school nba fans and that type of bs just doesn't fly with us.

Exactly, plus the fact that he needs a change of scenery to stay motivated. That did it for me.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 23, 2023 2:38 pm

It's one thing if a player has been on a team for years and the relationship has soured, or the frustration has built, or the team has wronged a player. That doesn't seem to be the case here. Obviously we don't know everything that's going on behind closed doors, but from the outside looking in and given the allusions that his current and former teammates have made, it seems like Zion is the one who's handled things poorly.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sun Jul 02, 2023 3:06 pm

I'm gutted about losing Obi to the Pacers, I understand that he wants a bigger role so respect the trade but still..

Looks like we need a back up power forward now though
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:10 pm

Yeah, I hate to see Obi go....I like the DiVincenzo signing, though. I want them to keep Josh Hart too.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/379 ... r-50m-deal
Jeffx

Postby mp3 on Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:29 pm

I totally get Obi wanting a bigger role than he had on the knicks hew seeing people get stupid money and knows he needs more exposure I totally get that but it's been a couple of weeks now and we still don't have a legit rotation backup power forward
mp3

Postby mp3 on Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:16 pm

I still think the knicks need a back up power forward, sure Randle has started getting his game together after the slow start but he's coming off ankle surgery this past off season and we just don't have the depth on the bench, we need a back up nevertheless
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:39 am

Kenny's not lying about the Knicks. Once again, they're stuck in the middle, the worst place for an NBA team to be.

https://www.si.com/nba/knicks/news/new- ... tournament
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:26 pm

Damn, if my Knicks can only get a legit A-List superstar to team up with this cat....one of the best free agent signings in Knick history;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5-fgkz0RW8
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Sun Dec 31, 2023 8:43 am

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/knic ... r-raptors/

I like the trade, I just hate losing I.Q. With OG, we get a two-way player, a much-needed wing defender. IMO, RJ has reached his ceiling. He's a nice player, but when you're drafted as high as he was, we needed more. I guarantee you, there'll be another trade before February's deadline.
Jeffx

Postby Murat on Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:32 am

That's a great trade. Knicks would have hard time matching Quickley's new contract and lose him for nothing. Now there is a wing defender who can shoot 3's and another body to help big rotation. Also Isaiah Hartenstein is having a great run, that really helps the team.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Jeffx on Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:45 pm

Yes, OG is a much better fit....unlike RJ, he doesn't need the ball in his hands, which frees up Brunson and Randle to do their thing.

Five wins in a row, now a two-game road trip in Dallas & Memphis. Sucks about Ja.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:47 pm

They're on a bit of a slide lately. but still a solid season entering the All-Star break. Brunson has easily proven to be their best acquisition in years.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:24 pm

I worry about Randle when he back. How's he going to take the banging inside?

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2024/02/kni ... cenzo.html
Jeffx

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball