The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby Jeffx on Thu May 21, 2020 11:45 pm

Andrew wrote:Looking at the changes that the Bulls have made recently, it really demonstrates how a complete overhaul in staff and culture is needed before there's a chance at turning things around. As you said, it has to start at the top.

Exactly....name one organization than wins consistently with bad ownership / inept front office...it doesn't happen.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sat May 23, 2020 1:20 pm

Patrick Ewing has just been diagnosed with COVID-19. Given his recent potshots at his former teammate, it's nice to Charles Oakley drop all of that - momentarily, anyway - and wish him well.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Sat May 23, 2020 6:52 pm

Thanks for sharing this Andrew I needed to see this to Oakley was still the player I cheered for all them years!

It's not great news for the Legend but it's not a death sentence either, hopefully he makes a full recovery
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Andrew on Sat May 30, 2020 1:43 pm

Tom Thibodeau being one of the frontrunners for the Knicks' next head coach seems to be drawing mixed reactions. Personally, I think they could do a lot worse.
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sat May 30, 2020 4:47 pm

Andrew wrote:Tom Thibodeau being one of the frontrunners for the Knicks' next head coach seems to be drawing mixed reactions. Personally, I think they could do a lot worse.

The knock on Thibs (from some Bulls fans) is that he runs his guys into the ground. At least he'll emphasize defense, which this sorry-ass franchise hasn't played since Van Gundy was the coach.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sat May 30, 2020 10:54 pm

He does have that reputation. Looking back, I'm wondering if the Bulls' reportedly lousy medical staff deserves more of the blame.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sun May 31, 2020 6:29 am

Andrew wrote:He does have that reputation. Looking back, I'm wondering if the Bulls' reportedly lousy medical staff deserves more of the blame.

Yep, it followed him in Minnesota....this from 2018;

https://www.nba.com/article/2018/01/05/ ... nutes-load

Maybe Thibs old school approach will make a man out Kevin Knox.
Jeffx

Postby [Q] on Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:21 pm

Apparently he is the favorite to get the job at the moment but the Knicks are so bad they just need to cycle through as many as they can until they get to something that works.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:53 pm

It'd be a shame if they waste Thibs like that. Again, there needs to be sweeping changes across the board, like the Bulls are trying to do (finally). I only wish they did that when Thibs was still in Chicago.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby mp3 on Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:49 am

It's pretty much a done deal I think, He's close with Leon Rose and was a Knicks assistant years ago.

I think they will offer Mike Miller an assistant job out of respect but he may want to test the waters for another HC roll somewhere else.
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby Jeffx on Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:17 pm

Just read Thibs is finalizing a five-year deal to be the Knicks coach.

Not really excited or upset over the hire. I'm like, meh, it's the Knicks, wake me when they become relevant again.

Hopefully, he's learned from past mistakes and doesn't run his players into the ground.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:10 pm

That's always the concern with Thibs, but I still think it's a really solid hiring for the Knicks. Hopefully a step in the right direction for them.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:41 pm

Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:06 pm

I think this reply sums it up.

Mark Jackson also reportedly tried to unite the locker room by having them turn on Festus Ezeli after lying about Ezeli being happy they were losing while he was injured (supposedly to unite the rest of the roster), and made it clear that he wouldn't welcome a gay player on his team. Now, Ezeli has disputed those claims, so that may not be true or there may be more to the story, but his other remarks are indeed something he's said.

There are also stories about him not wanting to hire top assistants for fear they might take his job, fostering a divide between the players and the front office, and going back to his playing days, trying to turn the locker room against an ageing John Stockton in his final year when Jackson was his backup in Utah (and past his prime himself, mind you). I'd suggest that at the very least, teams may be concerned that he'll cultivate a toxic atmosphere, or be a potential PR nightmare, and are steering clear of him. If so, he has to take some responsibility for earning that reputation.

Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball