GREATEST SCORER OF ALL TIME LEBRON JAMES REACHES 40,000 POINTS MILESTONE

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

GREATEST SCORER OF ALL TIME LEBRON JAMES REACHES 40,000 POINTS MILESTONE

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Mar 03, 2024 4:01 pm

As the Lakers at home lost 114-124 to the Nuggets.

NBA history happened in the same day as Wilt Chamberlain’s 100-point game.

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/the-legend-of-lebron-james-continues
It was 11 years ago on January 16, 2013, when LeBron passed Kobe Bryant as the youngest player to reach 20,000 points. And now in his 21st year, the King of Scoring is the only player in the history of the league to more than double that number.

“To be able to accomplish things with the greatest players who have ever played in this league, the NBA, has been a dream of mine. To hit feats and have milestones throughout my career, they all mean something to me,” LeBron said of his achievement.

At 39 years old, James’ career points are more than all of his Lakers teammates’ combined. In 21 seasons, he’s scored 12,291 two-pointers, 8,296 free throws, and 2,381 three-pointers.

LeBron played for Cleveland, Miami, and is in his sixth season in Los Angeles, but outside the cities he’s called home, LBJ has scored most of his 40,000 points in Chicago with 996 points in 34 games. The Bulls were the Cavaliers’ divisional opponent, Bron played in Chi-town twice a year for eleven years.

”You’re only going to get out of the game as much as you put into it,” LeBron explained. “...For me, I wanted to be great, and you can’t be great if you don’t punch your clock in. ... I think that’s the most important thing I can give to the younger generations: Just put the work in.”

Graphic of LeGOAT James career shots for his 40,000 points.

Fun fact: if you remove LeBron James points made from free throws and three pointers he’d still have more career points than Stephen Curry. :crazyeyes:
Last edited by shadowgrin on Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Re: GREATEST SCORER OF ALL TIME LEBRON JAMES REACHES 40,000 POINTS MILESTONE

Postby sticky-fingers on Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:35 pm

Another milestone in a L
sticky-fingers

Re: GREATEST SCORER OF ALL TIME LEBRON JAMES REACHES 40,000 POINTS MILESTONE

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Mar 04, 2024 2:25 am

sticky-fingers wrote:Another milestone in a L

Shit happens.

The most points in a playoff game, 63 points by Michael Jordan, happened in a loss to the Celtics.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Return to NBA & Basketball