Durant & Irving duo formed in Brooklyn Nets

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Durant & Irving duo formed in Brooklyn Nets

Postby NovU on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:09 pm

This means D-Lo is a goner byebye my friend. (Perhaps back to the Lakers as Collison no longer is an option?)

Celtics are a shit team now. As well, this means East is now overpowering with Bucks, 76ers, Raptors, and Nets. Fun times.

The Knicks did not offer KD a max. rofl, jeffx report in
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Re: Durant & Irving duo formed in Brooklyn Nets

Postby Andrew on Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:27 pm

DeAndre Jordan has also agreed to go to Brooklyn. They're obviously going to have to wait on Durant to get healthy again, but those are some big moves.

Russell is headed to the Warriors, apparently. Seems like an odd move given, you know, Steph Curry and all.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:39 am

I've been a Knicks fan since 1970. The problem with the Knicks and many of their deluded/arrogant fans is they have an inflated view of the franchise and are always looking for a savior, even before Dolan (see Marvin Webster) . Here's a thought...how about the Knicks saving themselves? How about scouting well, drafting smart, make key free agent signings, and develop your own stars (like the Warriors did) instead of constantly pinning your hopes on a free agent to come to the rescue? How about drafting Demar Derozan instead of Jordan Hill? How about drafting Donovan Mitchell over Frank Ntilikina? I could go on and on. And can we stop with the Mecca of Basketball bs? This franchise has been garbage for nearly 20 years, and hasn't won a title since I was twelve back in 1973. We have one of the worst owners in pro sports (who's created a bad culture at MSG and bans people who tell the truth about how he's run this franchise into the ground), and his flunky Steve Mills. NBA players aren't stupid...why would ANY top free agent come to a poorly-run organization? And for anyone who's buying the current spin from the Garden, I have a bridge to sell you. Now I'm not disappointed the Knicks missed out on Durant - IMO, the risk was too great. Maybe now they'll wake up and do what they should have been doing for years. Create a positive culture, win first, then the players will come.
Jeffx

Postby [Q] on Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:45 am

Randle will be an all star, so you have that going for you

I'm jealous you guys were able to get him
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:20 pm

Jeffx wrote:I've been a Knicks fan since 1970. The problem with the Knicks and many of their deluded/arrogant fans is they have an inflated view of the franchise and are always looking for a savior, even before Dolan (see Marvin Webster) . Here's a thought...how about the Knicks saving themselves? How about scouting well, drafting smart, make key free agent signings, and develop your own stars (like the Warriors did) instead of constantly pinning your hopes on a free agent to come to the rescue? How about drafting Demar Derozan instead of Jordan Hill? How about drafting Donovan Mitchell over Frank Ntilikina? I could go on and on. And can we stop with the Mecca of Basketball bs? This franchise has been garbage for nearly 20 years, and hasn't won a title since I was twelve back in 1973. We have one of the worst owners in pro sports (who's created a bad culture at MSG and bans people who tell the truth about how he's run this franchise into the ground), and his flunky Steve Mills. NBA players aren't stupid...why would ANY top free agent come to a poorly-run organization? And for anyone who's buying the current spin from the Garden, I have a bridge to sell you. Now I'm not disappointed the Knicks missed out on Durant - IMO, the risk was too great. Maybe now they'll wake up and do what they should have been doing for years. Create a positive culture, win first, then the players will come.

Charles Oakley talked about that. Funnily enough, there are Knicks fans defending Dolan and throwing Oak under the bus: https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/11 ... 5674219525
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:17 am

Andrew wrote:Charles Oakley talked about that. Funnily enough, there are Knicks fans defending Dolan and throwing Oak under the bus: https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/11 ... 5674219525

....and that just proves my point, Andrew. Knicks have the most deluded fan base in the NBA....twenty years of sh*t basketball, but they still drink the Dolan kool-aid.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:11 pm

It's odd. Obviously Oakley has an axe to grind because of the litigation that's made things personal between him and Dolan, but that doesn't invalidate his point. It's not like he's the only one saying it, either.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:29 am

Andrew wrote:It's odd. Obviously Oakley has an axe to grind because of the litigation that's made things personal between him and Dolan, but that doesn't invalidate his point. It's not like he's the only one saying it, either.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2019/6/30 ... rie-irving
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:43 am

I guess the writer must have pending litigation against Dolan too, right? :lame:

However, I think we can give them a pass on missing out on LeBron in 2010, as I don't believe anyone but the Heat had a genuine chance. That still leaves a lot of mistakes and a toxic atmosphere that Dolan is responsible for, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA & Basketball