2019 Playoffs: (1) Golden State vs. (4) Houston

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Who ya got?

Warriors in 4
No votes
Warriors in 5
17%
Warriors in 6
33%
Warriors in 7
No votes
Rockets in 4
No votes
Rockets in 5
No votes
Rockets in 6
17%
Rockets in 7
17%
Warriors lose, sign Kawhi to MLE
17%

Total votes : 6

Re: 2019 Playoffs: (1) Golden State vs. (4) Houston

Postby Andrew on Thu May 09, 2019 10:21 pm

Durant being out for at least a week would leave the door open for the Rockets. I'm not counting the Warriors out, but if that's the prognosis, there's still a chance.

Is Nick Wright still talking about LeBron, even though he and the Lakers aren't in the Playoffs? Not surprising, sadly.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 09, 2019 10:59 pm

Andrew wrote:Durant being out for at least a week would leave the door open for the Rockets. I'm not counting the Warriors out, but if that's the prognosis, there's still a chance.

Is Nick Wright still talking about LeBron, even though he and the Lakers aren't in the Playoffs? Not surprising, sadly.

What he should be talking about is how the Lakers were debating trading LeBron halfway through his first year with the team, and how sources are saying that people close to Jeannie Buss are advising her to trade LeBron now. How his stock is damn low, and one anonymous NBA team source said that the most he is worth in a trade right now is a protected first round pick.

But, that wouldn't fit his schtick. The fact that people actually put stock in what this guy says tells me a lot.

But in regards to this series, HOU can implode at any moment because of the shot selection/type of basketball they rely on. They have an equal chance of shooting themselves in the foot as GS actually drastically outplaying them.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Thu May 09, 2019 11:33 pm

shame the KD injury. huge challenge for GSW to close out the series ,

Dee4Three wrote:
air gordon wrote:You take this way too seriously. Enjoy the have. Cheers mate

You do, clearly. Nice escape. No self accountability, start shit, make up shit, and run.

Grow up.
Yes, because that has something to do with me calling you out on BS numerous times before this series even started. Another gem from you, as expected. That comment sounds like it comes from a teenager, how old are you again? It's time to grow up.

And he wasn't just talking about me, either. You pull the passive aggressive approach all the time, which includes the comment that I called you out on. And my statements about you above are accurate. You are completely useless in basketball discussions most of the time. You clearly have poor self awareness.

Dont dish it out if you cant handle it being given back to you. You are ridiculous.

Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 09, 2019 11:36 pm

air gordon wrote:shame the KD injury. huge challenge for GSW to close out the series ,

Dee4Three wrote:
air gordon wrote:You take this way too seriously. Enjoy the have. Cheers mate

You do, clearly. Nice escape. No self accountability, start shit, make up shit, and run.

Grow up.
Yes, because that has something to do with me calling you out on BS numerous times before this series even started. Another gem from you, as expected. That comment sounds like it comes from a teenager, how old are you again? It's time to grow up.

And he wasn't just talking about me, either. You pull the passive aggressive approach all the time, which includes the comment that I called you out on. And my statements about you above are accurate. You are completely useless in basketball discussions most of the time. You clearly have poor self awareness.

Dont dish it out if you cant handle it being given back to you. You are ridiculous.

[ Image ]

Predictable.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Thu May 09, 2019 11:42 pm

really to the point too. there's an ignore option, skipper
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Thu May 09, 2019 11:49 pm

air gordon wrote:really to the point too. there's an ignore option, skipper

You should take your own advice, you jumped into a conversation to agitate, if you had nothing productive to add you should have IGNORED, right?

Keep trying to move the goal posts, and keep having no self accountability. You at this point are dragging this on. Take your own advice and be productive here.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Fri May 10, 2019 11:22 am

So KD out for the series. Too bad

Like to see Houston's defensive game plan against kd-less lineup. Whoever fills in won't be a floor spacer

Curry needs to stay out of foul trouble. Can see the rockets even try more to get curry on isolations
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri May 10, 2019 12:05 pm

Rockets win Game 6, Durant pulls a Willis Reed in Game 7 and the Warriors advance.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 11, 2019 11:50 am

Curry with two quick foul calls on him in the first, barely plays that quarter.

Harden gets 7 free throws in just the first quarter.

Houston only up by 1.

The league is probably salivating at the thought of a game 7 between these two teams. Dont be surprised to see Harden take 20+ free throws and Curry get limited minutes because of foul trouble.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 11, 2019 12:18 pm

Not a good look for Houston.

Tied at the half, with Curry only playing 12 minutes (3 fouls). Harden is 5-15 from the floor. Warriors have 4 free throw attempts and the Rockets have 14. Curry is 0-5 with 0 points, cant get into a rythem.

The fact that so many people are impressed by Harden is really puzzling. Poor shot selection and mostly volume in every game. Not enjoyable to watch in the least.

Hope the Warriors end it tonight. Houston has had all the opportunities already, it was practically handed to them the opportunity to be up 10-15 right now. Yet, its tied.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sat May 11, 2019 12:31 pm

Indeed. We need to give credit to the Warriors of course, as they aren't the defending champions for nothing and they have a lot of weapons. All the same, Curry scoreless and in foul trouble at the half, Durant out for the rest of the series...I don't think the Rockets can get a better opportunity than that. Still a lot of basketball left to play, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 11, 2019 1:40 pm

I am incredibly happy to see the Rockets get knocked out. The better team won, the team who played the right way.

ISO for most of 48 minutes each game, playing the refs instead of playing basketball, terrible shot selection. Not winning basketball by any stretch of the imagination.

As I said before, GS may shoot a lot of threes, but they play as a team. They share the ball, play together, and play basketball.

I dont care about Warriors fatigue, if you cant see that they play a much better brand of basketball, you have to be blind. I want the better brand of basketball to win.

Good for Curry in the second half, he lit them up.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Sat May 11, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Kevin on Sat May 11, 2019 1:41 pm

Harden and choking in the playoffs what an iconic duo. After Curry hit that 3 late in the 4th, it was over lmao. Just threw in the towel.
Rest In Peace Kobe
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Andrew on Sat May 11, 2019 1:47 pm

"Those numbers mean nothing. Nothing. Numbers mean something in wins."
- Jeff Van Gundy, summing up the stats of the Rockets' key contributors when they were shown during the closing seconds.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby sticky-fingers on Sat May 11, 2019 6:59 pm

Andrew wrote:"Those numbers mean nothing. Nothing. Numbers mean something in wins."
- Jeff Van Gundy, summing up the stats of the Rockets' key contributors when they were shown during the closing seconds.

The new (millenial's) GOAT strongly disagrees with that :lol:

Without KD, GS'game was more fluid ; the bench had to step up and the guys did it. Klay was the man is 1st half, Curry in 2nd.

Happy to see the Rockets out ; cant stand this iso ball game with 4 guys waiting hypotheticly for the ball.
sticky-fingers

Postby air gordon on Sat May 11, 2019 9:30 pm

Kudos to coach Kerr and the warriors. Aside from the regular studs, Looney and Livingston (who played like he was 5yrs younger) stepped up

Too bad for the rockets. Easy to kick a dead horse but they are the most "successful" team against this great warriors team. Think the stat was posted during game 5

Great series. Hope the next one can match this one
Jump.
air gordon

Postby Dee4Three on Sat May 11, 2019 11:29 pm

air gordon wrote:Kudos to coach Kerr and the warriors. Aside from the regular studs, Looney and Livingston (who played like he was 5yrs younger) stepped up

Too bad for the rockets. Easy to kick a dead horse but they are the most "successful" team against this great warriors team. Think the stat was posted during game 5

It's nothing new. The style in which they play has been questioned and critiqued heavily all year. It's not kicking a dead horse while it's down, it's a big I TOLD YOU SO for the large number of people who thought and voiced how the Rockets play style was not sustainable, and not winning basketball.

This isn't a situation where a lot of people are suddenly turning on HOU, most everybody outside of HOU were disgusted with the brand of basketball they played well before the Warriors sent them home.

And this is the last 4 times they played the Warriors in the playoffs

2019: 4-2
2018: 4-3
2016: 4-1
2015: 4-1

That's not success, even if it's the most "successful". They got crushed in 15 and 16, and took them the distance once in four tries.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Sun May 12, 2019 1:17 am

air gordon wrote:Too bad for the rockets. Easy to kick a dead horse but they are the most "successful" team against this great warriors team. Think the stat was posted during game 5

Currenty Warriors dynasty is only comparable to the 90s Bulls one. When was the last time seeing such a dominant team for so long. The Rockets are a superb team but unfortunate to peak in same era as GS.

Well, the Warriors have a clear path now to their 4th ring in so few years... unless Kawhi be a cock blocker again like he did against LBJ.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Sun May 12, 2019 1:36 am

i did put successful in quotes, skipper. GSW has been dominating this league for several years now. the warriors are a great team, perhaps one of the all time greatest if they go all the way.
(no offense, been watching sopranos so been calling people skip, skipper, etc)

regardless of outcome, people will have their opinion for better or worse of houston's offense. not reinventing the wheel there. i guess more solidarity for some? i defer to the sophisticates to debate if losing to this great warriors team constitutes as not winning basketball.

which comes to mind- do the other teams that have lost to the warriors get branded as playing said "not winning basketball"?

NovU wrote:[Currenty Warriors dynasty is only comparable to the 90s Bulls one. When was the last time seeing such a dominant team for so long. The Rockets are a superb team but unfortunate to peak in same era as GS.

Well, the Warriors have a clear path now to their 4th ring in so few years... unless Kawhi be a cock blocker again like he did against LBJ.

makes for good playoff series. last year's finals was no doubt anticlimatic. too bad they met in conference semi's. who knows? maybe lillard or jokic can give them a better challenge.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Sun May 12, 2019 1:57 am

air gordon wrote:regardless of outcome, people will have their opinion for better or worse of houston's offense. not reinventing the wheel there. i guess more solidarity for some? i defer to the sophisticates to debate if losing to this great warriors team constitutes as not winning basketball.

which comes to mind- do the other teams that have lost to the warriors get branded as playing said "not winning basketball"?

Its all stupid talk because they dont like certain players style. If this was Kobe doing same shit, those same people would rage about his heart lose or not. Bball is entertainment and each to their likes, thats the bottomline.

Rockets played to their strength and lost to a better team, simple as fuck, some people just dont get that.

makes for good playoff series. last year's finals was no doubt anticlimatic. too bad they met in conference semi's. who knows? maybe lillard or jokic can give them a better challenge.

No. Warriors are on another level. Lillard and Jokic might steal a game or 2, or perhaps even 3, but beating them 4 times? Thats not happen in we both know that.

Good series, I can expect that, but I dont think will be a great series. I will wait for the finals.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 12, 2019 2:12 am

Ah yes, all because we dont like the certain players play style.

Has nothing to do with the actual play style by the team and star player.

Very simple approach by both of you. Clearly not a winning brand of basketball that shouldn't be glorified, and proved once again to be not good enough to move further in the postseason.

Move on guys, defending the style in which they played, which caused last year and this years demise in the playoffs, is silly. It was not sustainable to anybody who knows the game, it was bound to make them crumble.

And Air Gordon, each time you use "skipper", you look foolish and childish. Again, time to grow up and act your age.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 12, 2019 2:37 am

Btw, Houston was first in the NBA Playoffs in three point attempts at 43 a game.

GS is 9th in the playoffs with 32 three point attempts a game.

Houston was double any other team in the playoffs in ISOs.

Not a winning formula by any stretch.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Sun May 12, 2019 3:26 am

NovU wrote:
air gordon wrote:regardless of outcome, people will have their opinion for better or worse of houston's offense. not reinventing the wheel there. i guess more solidarity for some? i defer to the sophisticates to debate if losing to this great warriors team constitutes as not winning basketball.

Its all stupid talk because they dont like certain players style. If this was Kobe doing same shit, those same people would rage about his heart lose or not. Bball is entertainment and each to their likes, thats the bottomline.

Rockets played to their strength and lost to a better team, simple as fuck, some people just dont get that.

No. Warriors are on another level. Lillard and Jokic might steal a game or 2, or perhaps even 3, but beating them 4 times? Thats not happen in we both know that.

Good series, I can expect that, but I dont think will be a great series. I will wait for the finals.

Yeah skip. I like Denver but they don't seem interested in defense. Portland seems to get overlooked but indeed GSW is another level

Kind of recurring theme whoever plays GSW. they are trash. Last year it was lebroni and now the rockets
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Sun May 12, 2019 6:07 am

It feels like GSW needs a new rivalry. It was the Spurs and Rockets for years. Both at their best were tier below contenders anyhoo. Denver and Portlant ofc are nice but they just don’t have enough star powers. It will be much about how ugly can the Warriors fuck up and how fluky can the Blazers get in order to make anything interesting in next round.

This is why I very much prefer to have another super team that can counter the Warriors but we haven’t had one for awhile unless we consider LeBurnn cavs.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Tue May 14, 2019 1:02 am

maybe its denver. they took a big step this year. looks like though a lot of the fun is now in the EAST, cap
Jump.
air gordon

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball