2019 Playoffs: (4) Boston vs. (5) Indiana

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Who ya got?

Celtics in 4
No votes
Celtics in 5
38%
Celtics in 6
13%
Celtics in 7
25%
Pacers in 4
No votes
Pacers in 5
No votes
Pacers in 6
No votes
Pacers in 7
No votes
LOLakers
13%
Embiid owns real estate in Drummond's head; Spongebob owns real estate in Myles Turner's
13%

Total votes : 8

2019 Playoffs: (4) Boston vs. (5) Indiana

Postby Lamrock on Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:47 am

Bet you thought I'd forget this year. Ha!

This match-up is set in stone for the first round, and I believe the Celtics have secured home court as well. In this showdown between the league's second most disappointing team and a scrappy young(ish) squad missing its best player, this series likely comes down to which side will be able to outscore the other four times out of seven.

I've got Boston in 5. While they've struggled quite a bit this year, they still have the talent to compete with anyone in the East, and Hayward seems to be returning to form. The Pacers didn't seem to miss a beat at first after Oladipo's injury, but have regressed to the mean and have been pretty bad in recent weeks. While it's hard to say which Celtics team we'll see in the post-season, I think they handle Indiana with a gentleman's sweep.
Lamrock

Re: 2019 Playoffs: (4) Boston vs. (5) Indiana

Postby JaoSming on Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:36 am

I predict strugs
Opinions are my own.

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby Andrew on Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:29 pm

I'll go with Celtics in 5 as well. I don't see Indiana winning the series, but they're scrappy enough to take a game from a team that hasn't lived up to expectations this year.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby Kevin on Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:14 pm

Lamrock wrote:Bet you thought I'd forget this year. Ha!

I missed y'all.

Hayward having this resurgence this late in the season is fucking scary. Teams basically are going into the playoffs trying to play him game by game. Hard to root against the Celtics right now versus the Pacers BUT the Pacers have shown that they're a scrappy and resilient team after Oladipo went down. No way this goes to 6 games, though. Celtics in 5 with at least 1 Boston win going down to the wire.
Mod Threads
2k14|2k15|2k16
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:29 pm

C's in 6.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Kevin on Wed Apr 10, 2019 11:55 pm

Dee4Three wrote:C's in 6.
Almost went with this prediction after convincing myself that one of Boston's wins is going down the wire. What do you think would be the reason why the Pacers would get 2 games off of the Celtics? Feel like a Myles Turner tip in would be it or maybe a Bogdanovic explosion lol.
Mod Threads
2k14|2k15|2k16
Kevin
Fuck the Celtics

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:14 am

Kevin wrote:
Dee4Three wrote:C's in 6.
Almost went with this prediction after convincing myself that one of Boston's wins is going down the wire. What do you think would be the reason why the Pacers would get 2 games off of the Celtics? Feel like a Myles Turner tip in would be it or maybe a Bogdanovic explosion lol.

The Pacers are an effort team, just like the Clippers. Where they lack in superstar power (Because Oladipo went down), they make up for with grit, determination, and overall high IQ basketball. I believe the C's could drop a couple games based on either being complacent/cocky, or just overall not getting more of the 50/50 balls, and getting beat on the boards. Celtics will have hands full with Sabonis/Young/Turner, all three guys who can score on the block and extend the floor (Sabonis is good from mid), and they are scrappy as hell on defense.

The high effort teams are the ones who have made the Celtics look a little foolish this season at times, not the teams with superstar power. I've watched the Celtics a lot this season, and the defense has looked very poor at times. Teams running them into the ground on the break, players not getting out to shooters, etc.

Yes, it's the playoffs. Yes, the Celtics sense of urgency and intensity will be higher. However, practice makes perfect, and practice of poor effort and bad habits can also be hard to get rid of.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby air gordon on Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:54 am

Pacers are reminiscent of celtics team last year. great story. boyan been on a great run. have doubts he can sustain it in playoff bball and against a Brad stevens coached team.

Celtics win
Against Boston, you can go down 1-0 and still be fine;
Oopsies
air gordon

Postby shadowgrin on Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:45 am

Celtics with blowout wins. Nate McMillan is a terrible coach.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:24 pm

Fuck Boston. Pacers sweep in 3.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Apr 15, 2019 12:47 am

Celtics in 7. That struggle they had during the season will be in the first round too. Indiana is a young, motivated team with great chemistry. I can see them pulling the upset.
This will be Celtics' doom or wake up call. It will be close nevertheless.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:42 am

Brad shortening the rotations makes us look and operate like a completely different team.

Seeing Kyrie coming in at around the 8 minute mark in the 4th instead of the 5 minute mark, seeing Tatum/Horford out there for most of the 4th, and Jaylen Brown being used more than Marcus Morris, are all things that would have had us winning many more games during the regular season. Myself and others have been clamoring all season for Brad to do this, as we have lost a bunch of close games because of the wrong people being on the floor for extended amounts of time. I understand it, it's the regular season.... but it didn't make it sting any less.

Playoff Tatum is back, and is showing some serious maturity already. A key pass with his head up to seal the game (To Hayward), a corner three on a pass from Brown after he had just missed two (Confidence, balls), a couple key late drives/dunks. Jaylen Brown (only a year or so older than Tatum), locking up Thaddeus Young in the post on multiple possessions because of switches, tipping rebounds to himself (He had like 4 or 5 boards in the 4th). Rozier playing mature, turnover-free and unselfish basketball (Finally), etc. The young guys playing mature basketball beyond there years makes a huge difference. It elevated my hope for this team.

Kyrie looking up at Brad around the 9 minute mark of the 4th like "PUT ME IN DAMMIT" because he so badly wants to be apart of the game, seeing him lead the team the way he did, also gives me quite a bit of hope. His ability to hit clutch shots is well known, but his leadership will go a long way with helping this team win. We looked like a team that wanted to win for eachother and for the fans, as opposed to a team going through the motions, or playing selfish basketball.

Yes, the Pacers are missing Oladipo. But those behaviors, the maturity shown, the emotion, etc can carry into the later rounds.

Hoping we end this in a sweep.

Go Celtics.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:07 pm

A sweep it is.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:29 am

excellent. boston gets its mojo back in time for a great 2nd round matchup
Against Boston, you can go down 1-0 and still be fine;
Oopsies
air gordon

Return to NBA & Basketball