Grizzlies unveil "new" logo, new jerseys and court

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Grizzlies unveil "new" logo, new jerseys and court

Postby Murat on Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:11 pm

Story on Sportslogos

Meh. The court reminds me of the ones Bobcats had during lockout season.

Statement one looks good. Actually I liked the previous ones, seemed like a fine upgrade of Zach Randolph era jerseys.
Murat
I wanted you so bad, dear custom title
Contributor

Re: Grizzlies unveil "new" logo, new jerseys and court

Postby Andrew on Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:05 pm

Fairly minor changes to the logo, but I don't mind that. It didn't need an overhaul, and it's nice not to have yet another team going to a circular logo. The wordmark on the jerseys seems like it's a bit small, but it is a fairly clean design. I do like the throwback to the collar design of the original Vancouver Grizzlies jerseys on the Statement uniform.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
The One Admin
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:44 am

I do like the changes, especially since they've gone so long with virtually the same look.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby PeacemanNOT on Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:45 am

Really don't like this redesign to be honest. I personally don't mind the colour scheme they had, but I feel like they should have just went for something new this time around.

The logo looks a bit strange without the white blue and the wordmarks looks really small on the jersey. Don't know why they put the letters underneath the number, looks like something you would see in the euroleague and the only reason they do that is fit in advertisements. As for the court... damn that's a ugly design. Looks like something the Bobcats did and we all know how terrible their designs were.
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Rimbaud82 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:47 am

Bring back the teal, I guess I am just 'nostalgic' (wasn't even around then lol) for the Vancouver grizzlies but I think it was an awesome colour scheme/identity....yeah it looks very ironicly 90s now, but a modernised version would look class. At least the third jersey (the best design wise imo) somewhat alludes to the Haida patterns...but could be a lot better. All in all....Ok, but a better meh.
Rimbaud82

Postby Wolfy03 on Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:23 pm

Not a big change on the logo, but I really do like the jerseys.
Wolfy03

Postby cavs4872 on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:43 am

I quite like all that, but a lot of it is so insignificant to the casual fan that I don't even know why they bother.
cavs4872
All I Do is Ball

Return to NBA & Basketball