2018 Free agency talk/rumors

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: 2018 Free agency talk/rumors

Postby air gordon on Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:56 am

Guys been in the league for a while. Not many players at that point of their career chase the $ instead of the ring. Just saying
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:14 am

I guess he's satisfied with the one he won with the Lakers back in 2009. A little unusual that he'd turn down an opportunity at competing for another one, but if he's thinking about life after basketball, a big payday might be more important.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:14 am

that's a shame for the rockets. leaves a big hole in the lineup and limited resources to find a good replacement
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby jwin on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:42 am

Warriors Reach Agreement With DeMarcus Cousins

there goes lebron's title hopes
jwin

Postby zzcoolj21 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:48 am

Bringing in Boogie to replace JaVale?

Can there even be an argument that any team in nba history is more overpowered than these Warriors?

It's getting silly.
zzcoolj21
20% on Good release machine, The NLSC's Jr Smith

Postby [Q] on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:39 am

Game over.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:52 am

this is just fucking stupid
Sauru

Postby PeacemanNOT on Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:54 am

Fucking ridiculous. Apparently it came down to between two teams, Warriors and the Celtics.

If he had joined the Celtics and won a ring it wouldn't have been as bad. I mean people complained about LeBron forming the Big 3 in Miami and KD joining GS... but this is taking it to another level.

A easy coast to a meaningless ring... enjoy it I guess.
Donate if you'd like to:
Paypal - https://paypal.me/PeacemanNOT
PeacemanNOT
Useless Member
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:21 pm

RIP parity and competitiveness. Wonder if the NBA Finals will take another dip in the ratings.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Manni Live on Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:22 pm

The NBA is a complete joke now, no competition whatsoever i thought a guy like Cousins will be one of those few players who would have an old school mentality to go against these guys dont no i was wrong. This sport just isnt interesting anymore im done.

For all my patches for NBA 2K16 & NBA 2K14 Visit http://mannipatches.blogspot.ca/

Flickr Page https://www.flickr.com/photos/99620982@N03/

If your willing to support feel free to donate :)

Manni Live
Y'all spinning around like ballers. Seething with jealousy, I am.
Contributor

Postby Stress Fracture on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:14 pm

The NBA Finals will be played again in May, I guess.
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:31 pm

If indeed any series can achieve that quality.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Phil89 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:04 pm

It's time for the other 29 teams to form the "The Ancient Mystic Society of No Warriors".

(I'll never be able to Photoshop as good as Lamrock, but I did my best :P )
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:13 pm

What Cousins did was worse than Durant and he should get more hatred for it.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:25 pm

Phil89 wrote:It's time for the other 29 teams to form the "The Ancient Mystic Society of No Warriors".

[ Image ]

[ Image ]

(I'll never be able to Photoshop as good as Lamrock, but I did my best :P )

"But you let Andre Iguodala in!"
"It's 'No Warriors'. We're allowed to have one!"
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Kenny on Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:13 pm

SoF'nAwesome wrote:What Cousins did was worse than Durant and he should get more hatred for it.

I dunno... it's pretty bad, but it seems that there wasn't much of a market for him.

NBA wrote:It wasn't long ago Cousins was considered a lock for a max contract with the Kings. But a brutal Achilles injury this past season and concerns about his attitude left Cousins with no legitimate offers. ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Monday night on "SportsCenter" that there were teams with cap space who "did not want [Cousins] in the locker room."

That's right — not even the Pelicans came calling.

Rebuilding teams like the Hawks, Bulls and Kings had no interest in spending money on a recovering star who wouldn't make them truly competitive. The Mavericks got their center early by signing DeAndre Jordan. The Lakers went all over the place after adding LeBron James.

A tight market limited Cousins' options. No one was putting the max on the table. He could have targeted a team with the non-taxpayer mid-level exception ($8.6 million), but he decided a relatively small difference in pay wasn't worth passing on a chance to join the defending champs.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the move as well. But if you're going to take less, it may as well be for a team that's basically guaranteed a place in the Conference Finals (at worst).
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Phil89 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:22 pm

Andrew wrote:"But you let Andre Iguodala in!"
"It's 'No Warriors'. We're allowed to have one!"

I probably haven't watched any new Simpsons episodes in over a decade. But whenever I see a classic episode on TV I have to watch it.

In other news - Nerlens Noel signs with OKC for two years on minimum salary, a year after reportedly turning down a $70 million extension with Dallas. Talk about betting on yourself and losing.

OKC could be the best defensive team in the league next season with Westbrook, George, Adams, Roberson, Noel and Grant. They still need some more shooters though.

I wonder what Sam Presti is cooking up now that he has George re-signed. He sure blindsided everyone with that trade last year. Imagine if he could somehow turn Melo into Kevin Love :wink:
My Stories
LIVE 10 - Thunder I, Thunder II
2K13 - Wizards / 2K15 - Sixers / 2K16 - Sixers / 2K17 - Suns / 2K19 - Thunder
Phil89

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:38 pm

Kenny wrote:I dunno... it's pretty bad, but it seems that there wasn't much of a market for him.

do we really believe this half-assed attempt by his PR team? signing a minimum is some ho shit. a lot of teams would have given him 5mil

just when the warriors were starting to look beatable and there was a tiny ray of hope...
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:40 pm

Kenny wrote:
SoF'nAwesome wrote:What Cousins did was worse than Durant and he should get more hatred for it.

I dunno... it's pretty bad, but it seems that there wasn't much of a market for him.

NBA wrote:It wasn't long ago Cousins was considered a lock for a max contract with the Kings. But a brutal Achilles injury this past season and concerns about his attitude left Cousins with no legitimate offers. ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported Monday night on "SportsCenter" that there were teams with cap space who "did not want [Cousins] in the locker room."

That's right — not even the Pelicans came calling.

Rebuilding teams like the Hawks, Bulls and Kings had no interest in spending money on a recovering star who wouldn't make them truly competitive. The Mavericks got their center early by signing DeAndre Jordan. The Lakers went all over the place after adding LeBron James.

A tight market limited Cousins' options. No one was putting the max on the table. He could have targeted a team with the non-taxpayer mid-level exception ($8.6 million), but he decided a relatively small difference in pay wasn't worth passing on a chance to join the defending champs.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the move as well. But if you're going to take less, it may as well be for a team that's basically guaranteed a place in the Conference Finals (at worst).

That does put an interesting spin on things. The Warriors are obviously confident that they can rein his attitude, and we've seen other players with a tendency towards knuckle-headed behaviour clean up their act in the right environment, so it's not unthinkable.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:09 pm

What the fuck Demarcus? Not like this.

Edit: Who is left?

Tyreke Evans, IT, Brooke Lopez (jesus Magic, sign this dude), Parker, Crawford, Avery Bradley & Jabari Parker are the "biggies" remaining I think?

Watch Vince Carter sign with the Warriors too or some shit.
Last edited by Jackal on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jackal

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:12 pm

With what the Warriors are doing I wouldn't be surprised if the other team owners go for a hard cap next CBA negotiations.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:27 pm

Jackal wrote:Watch Vince Carter sign with the Warriors too or some shit.

Kind of poetic if he does, since they actually drafted him. Might as well end your career with the team that picked you.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Jackal on Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:33 pm

As stacked as they are, I’d prefer he end things in Toronto. He was the original bitch for quitting on that team. Kawhi just following his footsteps with his Lavar-like uncle.
Jackal

Postby air gordon on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:23 am

gotta give it up to the GSW organization. boogie doesn't take less money/role for a poorly run team, coach, etc

lebron james goes to the bright lights big city and then this happens. wow.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby NovU on Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:28 am

I dunno but I dont think Cousins makes already the great Warriors better. He is a ball hog and is kinda lazy defender. The Warriors are at their best with small ball line up anyways.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball