well, the cavs are out, where will LeBron be in 2019?

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

well, the cavs are out, where will LeBron be in 2019?

Postby Murat on Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:17 pm

Let the opinions fly. NBA's #1 player is just out for grabs, once again. Where will he go at this summer? Will he remain at Cleveland, or move to a better team? Unlike in 2014, there is a lesser chance for LeBron to re-sign. Like in 2010, he has a chance to leave a mediocre team.

I tried to imitate this thread there.

IMO he might go to Los Angeles Lakers; solid team, huge potential players (Kuzma, Ball, Ingram, Randle, Hart etc.). All they need is a leader, and they have enough cap space to acquire one.
Last edited by Murat on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Re: well, the cavs are out, where will LeBron be in 2018?

Postby Andrew on Sat Jun 09, 2018 11:09 pm

The last two times, I picked him to stay where he was; obviously, he did not. I feel like third time's the charm though, and he has less incentive to leave this time around. Until there are some serious whispers about other destinations in particular, I'll say it's all just conjecture/wishful thinking, and pick Cleveland.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: well, the cavs are out, where will LeBron be in 2019?

Postby NovU on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:46 am

Can't say where he'll end up but I know where he should. Lakers!

He's not the best player imho even though you could argue in his favor if you only consider playoffs. And regression is unavoidable within next contract time frame. Team that signs will be only a fun team to watch for a season or two imho.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby bigh0rt on Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:13 am

The Cleveland Indians
bigh0rt
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:48 pm

NovU wrote:Can't say where he'll end up but I know where he should. Lakers!

He's not the best player imho even though you could argue in his favor if you only consider playoffs. And regression is unavoidable within next contract time frame. Team that signs will be only a fun team to watch for a season or two imho.

i hope he does go to the lakers. i would love watching him bounced in the first round just to shut up all the lebron fan boys
Sauru

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:04 am

Sauru wrote:i hope he does go to the lakers. i would love watching him bounced in the first round just to shut up all the lebron fan boys

i hope he goes to the celts old man

but if i'm being serious, i would love to see Bron+Pop combo
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:55 am

I would like to see him go to the Warriors just to piss on the entire league.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Kenny on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:33 am

I don't see LeBron going West. Potentially meeting up with and getting eliminated by the Warriors in earlier rounds would be a disaster for his legacy. After all, many people bring up MJ's inability to get past the Pistons as a criticism of him - so with all things equal, I think it would be a move in the wrong direction for LeBron.

With that being said, I'd love to see him with the Spurs... or the Nuggets. That would be cool.
Kenny
Thon Maker's Biggest Fan.
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackie Kong on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:38 am

I think he will stay with Cavs or sign with 76ers. I wish he signs with Spurs.
Jackie Kong

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:01 pm

As far as unlikely places for him to play are concerned, I think Utah and Charlotte top that list. Let's see that twist happen, just to make all of our jaws drop.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:45 am

LeBron James is expected to speak with the Heat, Lakers, Cavs, 76ers and Spurs during free agency.
Chris Paul is a big factor here, as he's very close with LeBron James and was quoted saying he was already recruiting LBJ once the Rockets got bounced out of the Western Conference Finals. Daryl Morey would need to move around some contracts to make the numbers work, but it wouldn't be impossible for him to add James to the core of James Harden, CP3 and Clint Capela. James could also partner up with Paul in Los Angeles, or he could go to San Antonio to play under a coach he's openly admired. Jun 10 - 5:27 PM
Source: New York Times

LoL, Barkley said he'd stop watching the NBA if LBJ went to the Rockets. He'll have to eat his words.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby [Q] on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:36 am

Spurs are definitely a dark horse candidate. I could see LeBron wanting to play for a good coach and for a team where everybody plays a role and buys into the system
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:43 am

I just want him to make a decision. He's basically the biggest domino. Once he's decided then the other teams can get their shit going.

Edit: I would be super intrigued to see him in San Antonio. Lebron is a system on himself, would be something to watch Pops work his system making magic around Lebron. Pops vs Stevens, Kyrie vs Lebron, would make for good TV.
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:41 am

Jackal wrote:I just want him to make a decision. He's basically the biggest domino. Once he's decided then the other teams can get their shit going.

Edit: I would be super intrigued to see him in San Antonio. Lebron is a system on himself, would be something to watch Pops work his system making magic around Lebron. Pops vs Stevens, Kyrie vs Lebron, would make for good TV.

I agree, so the Lakers can move on and lock up Randle
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jackal on Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:55 am

[Q] wrote:I agree, so the Lakers can move on and lock up Randle

The Lakers will probably wait that one out, if they stretch Deng I believe they have enough room for Lebron/PG13 and Randle.

I don't think Lebron will go to LA and I'm less optimistic PG13 will be joining just to play at home, he's got no other incentive so it'll be an uneventful offseason for the Lakers I think, they'll be linked to everyone and anyone and come away with the same core and perhaps some 16-19 million type player a la KCP for a year (Cousins?). "All in on Kawhi 2019. All in on Klay 2020."
Jackal

Postby [Q] on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:10 am

Yeah given their history since the Dwight and Nash summer, they've struck out every year so I'm just hoping they don't use cap just to use it (ahem, mozgov)

I wouldn't mind re-signing Randle, sign vets for 1 year and keeping the rest of the cap room for next summer. I think Deng will be an expiring contract then so he can be moved too
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:12 am

Jackal wrote:Lebron is a system on himself, would be something to watch Pops work his system making magic around Lebron.

Pop already tweaked his system, to have more iso sets just to take advantage and expand Kawhi's scoring ability.
I first thought the Spurs started to run more isos because of getting Aldridge but turns out it was really for Kawhi.
That's why they didn't hesitate to get an iso post player like Aldridge because an iso system was already being put in place.

I imagine Pop would have an easy time replacing Kawhi with LeBron in the current system.
LeBron is a better penetrator and post player than Kawhi, though Kawhi has a better midrange game losing him helps Aldridge since he won't have to give way to Kawhi anymore for that midrange area and LeBron doesn't thrive much there.
LeBron also loves using screens, him being a better dribbler than Kawhi also fits and helps the Spurs pick/screen heavy system.

Biggest downgrade of replacing Kawhi with LeBron would be the defense but I think LeBron respects Pop enough to play defense the Spurs way.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:03 am

I'd still be surprised if LeBron left the East, but again, I've been wrong about his previous two decisions, so I should probably go against my instincts on that one.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:57 pm

Not sure if they have assets to pull it off but Kawhi and LeBeast pairing would challenge the Warriors real well. Right now its virtually Warriors versus everyone so why not. Stack up on one team.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Sauru on Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:18 pm

shadowgrin wrote:I would like to see him go to the Warriors just to piss on the entire league.

honestly i would love seeing this also. it would damage lebrons legacy beyond repair and i would never have to listen to shit about him compared to anyone again
Sauru

Postby air gordon on Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:18 am

who cares about ring chasing. go to a team that will challenge GSW.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Return to NBA & Basketball