2018 NBA Finals: Warriors vs. Cavs part 4

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

What's gonna happen?

Warriors in 4
13%
Warriors in 5
19%
Warriors in 6
13%
Warriors in 7
No votes
Cavs in 4 (bruh)
No votes
Cavs in 5
No votes
Cavs in 6
No votes
Cavs in 7
13%
Golden Knights in 6
No votes
STAND FOR THE FLAG
6%
Wake me up when it's the draft
31%
These poll options suck. Should have just recycled last year's... or the year before's
6%

Total votes : 16

Re: 2018 NBA Finals: Warriors vs. Cavs part 4

Postby benji on Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:47 pm

shadowgrin wrote:Someone who played with Michael Jordan talking about LeBron...

Kerr said, "They have a guy who's playing basketball at a level that I'm not sure anyone's ever seen before when you consider everything he's doing."

GREATNESS WILL ALWAYS SHINE THROUGH AND CAN NEVER BE KEPT HIDDEN IN THE SHADOWS CASTED BY DOUBTERS

[ Image ]

benji

Postby shadowgrin on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:23 pm

Any knowledgeable basketball fan knows that Kobe is 1A to LeBron's 1B.

Now go back to organizing Trump support rallies and photoshop edits of crisis actors.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:40 pm

people really try to slip in kobe with lebron and jordan huh lol the delusion
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby benji on Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:55 pm

LeBron's on his way to three times as many Finals losses as Kobe.

Jordan set a standard by refusing to lose any NBA Finals because he knew it was the ultimate shame. Every loss in the Finals raises serious questions about the ones you did "win", especially if you have no other accomplishments on the level of 81, that's why the true great ones never lose them. Something Robert Horry also refused to do. Same with Antoine Walker. And Ron Harper. And Will Perdue. And Steve Kerr. (The Finals loss in 2016 certainly raises questions about his coaching, but as a player it only does minor harm to his case as a real leader and winner.)
benji

Postby Murat on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:10 pm

benji wrote:LeBron's on his way to three times as many Finals losses as Kobe.

Jordan set a standard by refusing to lose any NBA Finals because he knew it was the ultimate shame.

Jordan refused to lose anything. Dude received the results of previously determined jumbotron races, so he could win the bets he made against his teammates.

benji wrote:Every loss in the Finals raises serious questions about the ones you did "win", especially if you have no other accomplishments on the level of 81, that's why the true great ones never lose them. Something Robert Horry also refused to do. Same with Antoine Walker. And Ron Harper. And Will Perdue. And Steve Kerr. (The Finals loss in 2016 certainly raises questions about his coaching, but as a player it only does minor harm to his case as a real leader and winner.)

Same with Gabe Pruitt and Sun Yue.

Did you know that Sun Yue has won a championship on %100 of the season he has played? The ultimate GOAT.

EDIT: oh fuck you were not that serious
Last edited by Murat on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:47 pm

Getting back to the 2018 Finals...expectations for Game 2?

I think Game 1 will prove to be a bit of a wake-up call for the Warriors, and they'll come out sharper and firing on all cylinders. If so, I don't think it'll be a close one. If they can maintain that form and momentum heading back to Cleveland, a sweep is quite feasible, even in the face of LeBron's best efforts.

They didn't seem to go to Klay Thompson as much as I thought they would (or should) in Game 1. I thought Durant took some bad shots too, even though they were makeable. Getting them both going, especially in the third quarter, will be vital. I'm also not sure about them putting Curry on LeBron; LeBron is going to feast on that match-up all day. Iggy being unavailable hurts them there, but Durant has proven himself to be a capable defender, and I reckon he'd be a much better option than the heavily outmatched Curry. If nothing else, he's got a bit more size and length to at least make a decent effort.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby air gordon on Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:49 am

NovU wrote:Thoughts on Curry.

He is no doubt one of the best in our gen (hate going into cross era discussion, let's leave that for another time). But imho it seems GSW's superteam reputation is undermining impact he brings to the game because general perception is that he's somewhat product of being part of a superteam.

But could he be possibly a better player to build a contender with than LeBron in this 3 point era? He's a threat you can never leave open, always forcing defense to follow around even as an offball player. He also makes 3s and tear drops at efficient rate with defender locked onto him. Not to mention his ability to pass... He complements today's 3 & positionless ball era in perfect ways. Doesn't it ever make you wonder how the team would fare if he was dropped into similar situation as LBJ. Wouldn't it be just easy to build a contender with him from ground zero?

I would love to see him in another jersey to be honest. It'd possibly help out his legacy too if him in prime could lift a shit team into mega contender status.

interesting. curry does have a different type of 'gravity' compared to james but james easily trumps him on the other side of ball though with all the switching nowadays how much would that matter?

lol@zach lowe sharing some of the tweets of skip bayless

A for effort Murat

for the all the criticism they receive from the media, fans, coaches, players..., is the salary they make worth it for nba refs? and to boot every single play does get reviewed by the league

gsw -11.5
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:17 am

The Warriors are looking a lot better so far in Game 2, they actually showed up from the opening tip. Interesting how they pounded it inside early on, but it certainly worked. JaVale McGee is redeeming himself, while J.R. Smith is receiving MVP chants from Warriors fans.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:55 am

The warriors have the best shooting team of all time. My God, it's like playing nba live 18 on superstar difficulty where you just expect everything to go in
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:28 pm

[Q] wrote:The warriors have the best shooting team of all time. My God, it's like playing nba live 18 on superstar difficulty where you just expect everything to go in

Agreed. That heave by Curry - that still had a perfect arc and swished right through - was very reminiscent of situations where the CPU has stopped playing fair and hits every ridiculous shot you force it into.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:50 pm

phpBB [video]

I mean, come on.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:54 pm

The great one-eyed cyborg LeBron James did not have the best game, while KD & Curry did. And Klay Thompson with an underrated performance.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Dee4Three on Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:15 am

Tristan Thompson challenging the Cavs effort before he walked out of his post game interview:

“I’m over the referee (expletive),” Cavs forward Tristan Thompson said following Sunday night’s 122-103 Game 2 loss.

"At the end of the day if you don’t give effort and you don’t play hard, you’re never going to give yourself a chance to win,” he continued. “Miss or make, you think you got fouled, you think it's a travel, you gotta get back on defense and communicate. That’s what Golden State wants. They want you to hang back, complain to the refs and complain because they're going to come down and knock a three in your face. You can't be worried about that."

Not getting back on defense and complaining is a pretty obvious problem with this Cavs team. I've said this before, it starts with your leader, your best player, and it trickles down to the other guys on the team. So many instances of the Warriors having 4 on 3, or 3 on 2 opportunities because the Cavs are complaining on the opposite end. Which is a killer when you are playing the best transition team in the NBA.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby [Q] on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:19 am

Andrew and a few others would appreciate this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:04 am

Curry 4 MVP so far

klay thompson must be some kind of robot. how the heck can someone play through a high ankle sprain.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:44 am

if javale mcgee don't get that FMVP boy
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Jeffx on Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:02 pm

LeBron's on his way to another Finals loss, which we all knew was going to happen. T

His haters will have a field day, but it doesn't hurt his greatness in my eyes. Is he on Jordan's level? No, but he's still top ten best ever.
Jeffx

Postby NovU on Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:41 am

Jeffx, the problem with idiotic haters is that they dont realize losing in the finals is better result than losing in the conference finals. Losers of 5 game series is still better losers than the ones that got swept. Likewise, why lose in the first round when you can lose in the second?

At the end of the day, one more win matters. Apparently not to the haters.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:51 am

Jerry West made it to 9 Finals in 12 years winning 1 and losing 8.
Despite that Finals losing record he's still considered as one of the greats for the high level of play on the way to reaching those Finals appearances.

It will be the same with LeBron, history will appreciate and praise a legend like him no matter how hard those blind to greatness deny his dominating excellence.

HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby [Q] on Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:07 am

Compared to 9 finals appearances (and counting), including 8 straight finals appearances?
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:08 am

Curry is averaging 31.0 PPG, 6.5 RPG and 8.5 APG, while shooting .449%/.500%/100% in the finals so far. Certainly on his way to finals MVP, such an underrated rebounder for his size.

Last years finals he averaged 26.8 PPG, 8.0 RPG and 9.4 APG. .448%/.388%/.897%. Which is obviously enough to also garner finals MVP status, Durant averaging 35.2 PPG with higher shooting percentages was just a bit much. But 8.0 RPG at 6'3" 190 in the NBA finals? Great work.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Jeffx on Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:01 am

shadowgrin wrote:Jerry West made it to 9 Finals in 12 years winning 1 and losing 8.
Despite that Finals losing record he's still considered as one of the greats for the high level of play on the way to reaching those Finals appearances.

It will be the same with LeBron, history will appreciate and praise a legend like him no matter how hard those blind to greatness deny his dominating excellence.

[ Image ]

Great post.
Jeffx

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:22 am

This man can't possibly dress himself.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nba/2018/6/6/17436164/lebron-james-outfit-nba-finals-cavs-warriors

I couldn't help but post it, because the dude can barely walk. He's walking like he has a load in his pants. His poor balls can't breathe. In no way did this dude choose this outfit, he has this crap chosen for him. I've seen Westbrooks style, but I've never seen an NBA player wear something that looked so damn uncomfortable. The pants are so tight, he has to walk bow legged.

I'm a firm believer that a lot of athletes have outfits chosen for them before certain games, afterall they are the ultimate marketing tools (LeBron has like 40 million followers on social media, maybe more). His outfits and accessory choices fit the agenda that has been being pushed on people over the last few years.

FYI - I'm all for people dressing the way they want, expressing themselves with dress. But again, in no way did this man dress like this by his choosing, it's not a coincidence that so many other male athletes are wearing purses/handbags to games, and wearing super tight pants (mostly high waters as well). Look up rapper Lil Uzi Vert, etc. It's the same damn agenda.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:07 pm

Curry is playing like garbage in this one.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:10 pm

Andrew wrote:Curry is playing like garbage in this one.

Yup.

Durant is picking up the slack.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball