2018 PLAYOFFS: (1) Toronto vs. (4) Cleveland

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

What's gonna happen?

Raps in 4
No votes
Raptors in 5
No votes
Raptors in 6
45%
Raptors in 7
18%
Cavaliers in 4
No votes
Cavaliers in 5
No votes
Cavaliers in 6
18%
Cavaliers in 7
No votes
Raptors build a wall of bricks, make America pay for it
9%
Tyrone Lue stars in The Shape of Water II
9%

Total votes : 11

Re: 2018 PLAYOFFS: (1) Toronto vs. (4) Cleveland

Postby NovU on Wed May 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Jeffx wrote:“This is the playoffs. We’re trying to win a championship,” one Cavs player told The Athletic. “This isn’t about you.”

Exactly. Hood should realize his type of players are dime a dozen in this league these days. Jazz don't miss him at all.

Likewise for Jordan Clarkson, if rookies like Josh Hart can bring more positive impact to the team in his shoes, he must re-think about how to play right in today's analytic driven league.

It's funny after all these blockbuster moves for years in Cleveland, Cavs still largely rely on JR Smith of all people and 37 years old Kyle Korver. Hood and Clarkson in prime cannot even steal their minutes, that tells a lot about their shit playerness. That said, I kinda like Clarkson so hopefully he can turn it around next year.

shadowgrin wrote:
As great as LeBron is, I really thought Toronto had a better team. But I didn't count on two things; 1) LeBron getting help from his guys

Agreed. Amazing how removing team cancer in the locker room like Isaiah Thomas and Dwyane Wade (even LeBron knew it, else his buddy wouldn't have been traded) and a 7 game series in the playoffs can improve team chemistry as to sweep the 1st seed.

Fuq off h8ter. DWade is no Rondo.

Wade is a fine teammate, just a wash that wanted to win. Bulls and Cavs wanted to ride him as if he was still in prime but couldn't, hence the trade. Story simple. The End.

Even Jimmy Butler confirmed it.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/jim ... -no-sense/
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Thu May 10, 2018 7:35 am

Jeffx wrote:
Andrew wrote:And so ends the run for the most disappointing #1 seed in NBA history. Well, that dubious distinction is up for debate, but surely these Raptors rank up there.

As great as LeBron is, I really thought Toronto had a better team. But I didn't count on two things; 1) LeBron getting help from his guys & 2) Toronto's lack of mental toughness. DeRozan & Lowry had a COMBINED 18 POINTS in playoff elimination game! C'mon man, that shit is unacceptable. To quote Walt 'Clyde' Frazier, "the regular season is where you make your name, but the postseason is where you make your fame".

Did you hear DeRozan's press conference after the game? Pathetic is being kind.

You know what the Raptors need? Cats like Draymond Green and Marcus Smart - nasty, pain-in-the-ass mfers who play with a chip on their shoulder.

Ha thought this was Andrews post. Solid nonetheless

Someone re pointed out Jeff green outplayed derozan. Yeesh
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby Jeffx on Thu May 10, 2018 7:58 am

air gordon wrote:Someone re pointed out Jeff green outplayed derozan. Yeesh

If that doesn't light a fire under his ass this summer, nothing will.

Someone at OperationSports pointed out that DeRozan is at the crossroads of his career, and I agree. Does he want to take it to the next level, or is he content with being an All-Star?
Jeffx

Postby [Q] on Thu May 10, 2018 6:09 pm

The talk about DeMar and Lowry sounds a lot like the talk about Lillard and McCollum when they lost. That having the two guards as your best players don't seem to work if they aren't at a certain level or dominant enough.

I don't think the blazers need to blow up their roster but Toronto lost as the #1 seed so they probably need a change
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Thu May 10, 2018 6:32 pm

[Q] wrote:The talk about DeMar and Lowry sounds a lot like the talk about Lillard and McCollum when they lost. That having the two guards as your best players don't seem to work if they aren't at a certain level or dominant enough.

I don't think the blazers need to blow up their roster but Toronto lost as the #1 seed so they probably need a change

not sure they really qualify as a true one seed. toronto only got the top seed because of the boston injuries and all the shit that happened in cleveland

however i agree with you something needs to change. boston and philly is only going to get better.
Sauru

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball