2018 PLAYOFFS: (1) Toronto vs. (4) Cleveland

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

What's gonna happen?

Raps in 4
No votes
Raptors in 5
No votes
Raptors in 6
45%
Raptors in 7
18%
Cavaliers in 4
No votes
Cavaliers in 5
No votes
Cavaliers in 6
18%
Cavaliers in 7
No votes
Raptors build a wall of bricks, make America pay for it
9%
Tyrone Lue stars in The Shape of Water II
9%

Total votes : 11

2018 PLAYOFFS: (1) Toronto vs. (4) Cleveland

Postby Lamrock on Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:39 pm

The Cavs narrowly escaped the Pacers despite a historic -40 point differential. Now they take on the Toronto Raptors for the third straight year.

This is the best Raptors team ever, and the worst Cavs team since LeBron returned. Still, I got the Cavs in 6. LeBron just has their number.
Lamrock

Re: 2018 PLAYOFFS: (1) Toronto vs. (4) Cleveland

Postby Andrew on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Mad as it may seem, I'm going with the Raptors in 7.
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
45? That's a bad luck number!
Administrator

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:41 pm

Raptors in 6.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:27 pm

Cavs in 6.

Raptors is one of LeBron's bitch teams, other one being the Wizards.

Raptors play a faster pace than the Pacers, would make the Cavs play more of their own game rather than be forced to grind on playing defense in slowed down halfcourt sets like they did with the Pacers.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:42 pm

I am going with Raptors in hard fought 6 until LBJ call it quits.

LeBron James has been amazing. 32.7 ppg at high efficiency, PER 33.9 is incredible, 126 ORtg is top class. But heroics cannot last long against better teams like the Raptors. I think the Raptors will score at will while LBJ finally runs out of gas.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby I Hate Mondays on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:49 pm

Raptors in 6, LBJ will simulate an injury when he feels like he's losing the wheel.
I Hate Mondays

Postby Jeffx on Tue May 01, 2018 5:40 am

Andrew wrote:Mad as it may seem, I'm going with the Raptors in 7.

Not mad, just logical. I don't see the Cavs winning unless their bench can step it up consistently. So far, Clarkson, Nance Jr., & Hood are the Not Ready for Prime Time Players.
Jeffx

Postby Dee4Three on Tue May 01, 2018 5:40 am

If the series goes like games 5 and 7 vs Indiana (30 combined FT attempts to James), and the refs get involved in running the show in general, I say Cavs in 6. Many of these games will be decided by just a few points, it's those calls that can totally decide games (As well as swing momentum).

However, even though I never thought this Raptors team was that good anyway, I still think they have a better group of players than the Cavs. My prediction is Raptors in 6 or 7, as long as they can stay out of foul trouble/officiating issues in general.

Another shady happening in that game 7, Lance Stephenson played only 12 minutes (not in foul trouble, had only 2 fouls in the game). He was 3-6 from the floor including 2-4 from downtown. He didn't see any time in the second half. Anybody else want to explain why Stephenson who played 26, 23, 23, 23 and 24 minutes in the prior 5 games as the primary defender on James was held out of the second half of a game 7 while not being in foul trouble, and playing well??? It makes zero sense, none whatsoever. They had Bogdonavic and Sabonis on him more often.

The type of calls I am talking about that can help decide a game are the two technicals that were called in game 7. LeBron barely gets touched, and checks his head for blood and makes a spectacle. This is CLEARLY just a common foul. The other one on Collison is in the link below.

phpBB [video]

https://sportsnaut.com/2018/04/watch-refs-give-darren-collison-bogus-t-in-game-7/

Also, flops like this (Which are clearly flops) are called fouls on the opposing teams. LeBron does these a few times a game, which accelerates them being in the bonus.

phpBB [video]

This is relevant on this thread, because If these things happen in the Cavs vs Raptors series, the Cavs will win (As stated prior). By the way, this isn't me completely taking a shot at James specifically, this is taking a shot at the business side of basketball. The shot I am taking at James is the flopping all over the floor, and acting like a Diva (Really... checking your head for blood on that one huh?). The NBA stands to lose millions if LeBron (The most marketed, popular player on the planets) doesn't make it onto the next round. And when I say "popular", I don't mean "Most liked" technically. But he is absolutely the most talked about, watched, marketed, and pushed onto everything and most everyone.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA
Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Tue May 01, 2018 12:07 pm

Jeffx wrote:
Andrew wrote:Mad as it may seem, I'm going with the Raptors in 7.

Not mad, just logical. I don't see the Cavs winning unless their bench can step it up consistently. So far, Clarkson, Nance Jr., & Hood are the Not Ready for Prime Time Players.

True, but I still feel like the Raptors are a bit of a shaky pick because of the way they can self-destruct. It's tough to pick against LeBron too, in large part because of the impact he has on games through his talents, but also the questionable officiating that Dee has outlined.
Release Threads: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Threads: NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Administrator

Postby JaoSming on Tue May 01, 2018 12:28 pm

Cavs in 6, LBJ until proven otherwise (except vs the Celtics)
Opinions are my own.
Right Click Loop
phpBB [video]

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8ozxhwwmz4LJzpGAj22T5qa0ZVFBJ3yw

JaoSming
2KTV Producer
NBA 2K Developer

Postby air gordon on Wed May 02, 2018 4:23 am

if the much maligned kevin love stays healthy, cavs win but if serge or some other semi mobile big can neutralize him, raptors win
Derrick is a legend, no matter what. I don’t like how you explained that
Jabari Parker in response to a reporter asking him to comment on Derrick Rose's "fall from grace"
air gordon

Postby NovU on Wed May 02, 2018 12:57 pm

Raptors choke hard. Cavs choked little less. LoLz

LBJ with another triple double.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Wed May 02, 2018 12:59 pm

Raptors blow Game 1. That's why I feel my "Raptors in 7" pick is kind of out there; they let opportunities slip through their fingers in the Playoffs. I'm not going to say there's absolutely no chance after just one game, but I do think the Raptors need to draw first blood.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby I Hate Mondays on Wed May 02, 2018 8:06 pm

As a Raptors fan, I feel heartbroken.
I Hate Mondays

Postby volsey on Thu May 03, 2018 2:19 am

Absolute heartbreaker. I was screaming at Jonas. That guy must of had 10+ shots right near the basket towards the end of regulation and OT.
volsey

Postby Lamrock on Thu May 03, 2018 6:55 am

What a choke job by the Raps. We'll see if giving away a winnable game to LeBron discourages them, of if they recognize that they have a better roster and persevere. Either way, they'd better get JV in some layup drills. Holy shit.
Lamrock

Postby NovU on Thu May 03, 2018 3:23 pm

On the positive note, the Raptors were a better team mostly for the night and this kind of melt down shouldn't happen too often.

It'll always be always tough to beat the Cavaliers in 7 game series as long as LBJ plays like a Best Player of the Series. If you looked at teams that gave him a beat down in the playoff series, there was usually a key opponent player that outproduced him or team effort that held him down. Unfortunately for the Raptors, there isn't a player that can outplay LeGoat in this series. This is why it's so tough to doubt LBJ in this series against the Raptors. But unlike before I believe significantly weakened LBJ's teammates will play a role in Cavs demise. Game 2, Raps, Game 3, Raps. Let's go.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Fri May 04, 2018 12:10 am

NovU wrote:On the positive note, the Raptors were a better team mostly for the night and this kind of melt down shouldn't happen too often.

true but given toronto's history of problems scoring in crunchtime you have to think they need a blowout to win. thought Casey had the right the idea of getting korver or whoever instead of lbj on the switch to lowry/derozan though

It'll always be always tough to beat the Cavaliers in 7 game series as long as LBJ plays like a Best Player of the Series. If you looked at teams that gave him a beat down in the playoff series, there was usually a key opponent player that outproduced him or team effort that held him down. Unfortunately for the Raptors, there isn't a player that can outplay LeGoat in this series. This is why it's so tough to doubt LBJ in this series against the Raptors. But unlike before I believe significantly weakened LBJ's teammates will play a role in Cavs demise. Game 2, Raps, Game 3, Raps. Let's go.

it was really an unlikely win for the Cavs. their bench was actually good and lbj didn't have to put up superhero stats (lol i guess triple doubles are pedestrian numbers?).
Jabari Parker in response to a reporter asking him to comment on Derrick Rose's "fall from grace"
air gordon

Postby Andrew on Fri May 04, 2018 10:59 am

Raptors look finished. Great regular season team, mediocre Playoff team.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby NovU on Fri May 04, 2018 11:35 am

shadowgrin wrote:Raptors is one of LeBron's bitch teams, other one being the Wizards.

lol this is turning out to be too true. Almost sad though.

LeKing posts 43pts, 8reb, 14ast on just 1 turnover. Even more crazy, Love explodes for 31 pts 11 reb.

Raptors are done. The Cavs fooled us, they're well and alive. Phi vs Cle will be one hell of a series.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Fri May 04, 2018 1:04 pm

NovU wrote:
shadowgrin wrote:Raptors is one of LeBron's bitch teams, other one being the Wizards.

lol this is turning out to be too true. Almost sad though.

LeKing posts 43pts, 8reb, 14ast on just 1 turnover. Even more crazy, Love explodes for 31 pts 11 reb.

Raptors are done. The Cavs fooled us, they're well and alive. Phi vs Cle will be one hell of a series.

Well, they have to beat the Celtics first :).

Celtics up 2-0, and I don't see the C's losing at home.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby I Hate Mondays on Fri May 04, 2018 4:16 pm

Yuuuppp it's over. LeKing had it under control all along.
I Hate Mondays

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Fri May 04, 2018 6:34 pm

pls stop the LeWord posts, we should be better then reddit

LeBronto is the only one that should be allowed
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby air gordon on Sat May 05, 2018 1:00 am

maybe if this site starts streaming for free you claim that stake ;)
air gordon

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Sun May 06, 2018 1:27 pm

LeBron James. Enough said.

air gordon wrote:maybe if this site starts streaming for free you claim that stake ;)

i meant as a community wise :P
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby NovU on Sun May 06, 2018 1:33 pm

phpBB [video]

LBJ with a game winner!

Another dominant performance by LBJ. 38-6-7 on high efficiency with complete defensive stats. He makes it look so easy that some can't even tell how he got these numbers.

Supposedly better players of the Raptors are struggling in this series. Perhaps is the biggest cause of the loss. DeRozan disappeared tonight. Ibaka's little use. Valanciunas not as good either.

Thanks to the Celtics fluking out, it is looking more and more like it'll be the Cavs to the Finals again.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 06, 2018 1:40 pm

Derozan didn't play a second in the 4th quarter. Casey decided to bench him, and it almost paid off. Toronto almost completed the comeback for the win.

Casey is going to get some shit for the decision, but it made sense considering how horrible Derozan was playing. Horrible body language from Demar.

Also, Celtics are absolutely not fluking out, anybody who watched them all season would know that's not the case. This Celtics team is not only well coached, but has some serious talent despite the injuries.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun May 06, 2018 2:18 pm

I can see Casey losing his job over the series, though. The blade has to fall on someone after a disappointing end to the season, and as the saying goes, you can't fire all the players, but you can fire the coach.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Dee4Three on Sun May 06, 2018 2:23 pm

Andrew wrote:I can see Casey losing his job over the series, though. The blade has to fall on someone after a disappointing end to the season, and as the saying goes, you can't fire all the players, but you can fire the coach.

Should cement Stevens as Coach of the year. Can't have a fired coach be the coach of the year.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Andrew on Sun May 06, 2018 2:25 pm

It'd definitely be awkward with the current format of having the awards ceremony after the season. George Karl did get fired the same season he won Coach of the Year some years back, after his Nuggets were eliminated in the first round.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby NovU on Sun May 06, 2018 2:52 pm

It's stupid that every frigging year we get to hear people complaining who should win or lose based on playoffs performance alone when there was 82 games loong season which the awards are really based on. Yeah, let's reward/punish players and coaches based on 4 to 7 playoffs games and forget entirely there were 82 games that were played by all teams. Good grief.

It's not like any other coach could have done much better than Casey with what he's got to work with against LeBronto and Lue, the dynamic duo.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby [Q] on Sun May 06, 2018 6:32 pm

Andrew wrote:I can see Casey losing his job over the series, though. The blade has to fall on someone after a disappointing end to the season, and as the saying goes, you can't fire all the players, but you can fire the coach.

I do get the feeling Casey might lose his job either this summer or maybe next.

Problem is the players that they have aren't built for winning in the post season. It's weird to think a #1 seed needs to rebuild, but DeRozan, Lowry aren't going to get it done for them.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Sun May 06, 2018 6:48 pm

It's definitely strange to say about a #1 seed, but when a team seems to have hit their ceiling and that's being great in the regular season but second round fodder come the Playoffs, they do have some tough decisions to make moving forward.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Sun May 06, 2018 7:52 pm

Ridiculous clutch shot by LeGOAT, a floater off the glass.

I think Raps need another reliable scorer to help out DeRozan and Lowry. Team already has decent bigs and a good bench.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby [Q] on Sun May 06, 2018 8:49 pm

phpBB [video]
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby NovU on Mon May 07, 2018 12:26 am

shadowgrin wrote:I think Raps need another reliable scorer to help out DeRozan and Lowry. Team already has decent bigs and a good bench.

They relied heavily on their bench success during regular season that they are having problems trying to win with tightened rotation and minutes.

I think this is largely the classic example of why your 3 best players matter. Not one of them is first team all NBA caliber. Neither 3 combined is worth more than LBJ. Perhaps the reason why the Blazers fell well short too. It's just much harder to win when your best players are outmatched and not producing much when you're supposed to ride them.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Lamrock on Mon May 07, 2018 10:21 am

Who even is Toronto's third best player? Valanciunas? Van Vleet? Casey might be the scapegoat for them flaming out in the playoffs, but they just don't have the talent to contend for a title. Five years ago, Lowry and DeRozan were the team's two best players, and the consensus was that they should trade Lowry and tank for Andrew Wiggins (lol). Rather than do that, they developed the guys they had, and fans of the team talked themselves into thinking their ceiling was higher than it was.

They'll definitely make some changes this off-season. Doubt they blow it up, but I could see some roster turnover, and possibly Casey's termination. I think Casey is one of the league's best coaches,and he'll be able to find a job immediately if he wants, but sometimes to go in a new direction, that's a change you make. See: Atlanta

You need dominant players to go far in the playoffs. They can win as many regular season games as they want to by out-working the opposition, but come playoff time, teams are giving it their all, and wins don't come as easily. Toronto can keep making the playoffs with the guys they have, but unless they somehow luck into a superstar, they aren't a legitimate contender.
Lamrock

Postby Jeffx on Tue May 08, 2018 3:55 am

Painful playoff losses are part of "the process". The Bad Boy Pistons had some brutal playoff defeats to Bird's Celtics - eventually, Detroit learned how to beat them. Same with Jordan's Bulls against those same Pistons. DeRozan & Lowry have to do what Jordan, Magic, Isiah & others did - seriously work on their game during the summer and come focused, with a vengeance. The media called Magic "Tragic" after the '84 Finals - we all know what happened next.

The window won't last forever. Toronto has to get it done before free agency and age takes its toll. Boston and Philly are ready to take over the east once LeBron starts slipping. Raptors have to keep pace.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Tue May 08, 2018 11:07 am

Absolutely. That patience and chance for redemption has become rarer since then, though.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby Andrew on Tue May 08, 2018 1:07 pm

And so ends the run for the most disappointing #1 seed in NBA history. Well, that dubious distinction is up for debate, but surely these Raptors rank up there.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby NovU on Wed May 09, 2018 12:39 am

Almost won 60 games too yet looked like an absolute shit team. Can't trust the record in this 'tankathon' and 'coast during regular season' era.

Unfortunately Lowry is an undersized 32 years old PG. Still the best player on the team. And Demar's game comes and goes. They are not gonna get better. I really hope the Raptors will do better next year but unless someone new comes in to be the best player over one of these two, they are not gonna improve.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby air gordon on Wed May 09, 2018 1:33 am

good for kevin love.

what can the raptors do? i think they've drafted well. van fleet, siakam, wright and OG are good young pieces.

ibaka plays like he's already 40. stick a fork in him. that '15 playoff incaranation of him is long gone
air gordon

Postby shadowgrin on Wed May 09, 2018 2:19 am

I was hoping the Raptors could extend the series so the more games the Cavs play the more chances LeBron and his entire team could figure their shit together in the playoffs since they had lost and added a lot of new players and only been with the team for about 3 months.
I think the Pacers series going the full 7 games did just that and helped the Cavs.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby dwayne2005 on Wed May 09, 2018 4:02 am

"Even in the darkest days of the Isaiah Thomas “era,” ..."

A good thing they have gotten rid of that pesky Isaiah Thomas and that little less pesky Dwyane Wade with how good Jordan Clarkson and Rodney Hood played in that round.

Jordan Clarkson:
Game #1: 5 points in 12 minutes on 2/7 shooting
Game #2: 5 points in 13 minutes on 2/5 shooting
Game #3: 5 points in 11 minutes on 2/7 shooting
Game #4: 5 points in 19 minutes on 2/8 shooting

Rodney Hood:
Game #1: 2 points in 16 minutes on 1/5 shooting
Game #2: 0 points in 12 minutes on 0/2 shooting
Game #3: 0 points in 10 minutes on 0/2 shooting
Game #4: DNP

Larry Nance Jr also underwhelmed.
dwayne2005

Postby Dee4Three on Wed May 09, 2018 4:10 am

dwayne2005 wrote:"Even in the darkest days of the Isaiah Thomas “era,” ..."

A good thing they have gotten rid of that pesky Isaiah Thomas and that little less pesky Dwyane Wade with how good Jordan Clarkson and Rodney Hood played in that round.

Jordan Clarkson:
Game #1: 5 points in 12 minutes on 2/7 shooting
Game #2: 5 points in 13 minutes on 2/5 shooting
Game #3: 5 points in 11 minutes on 2/7 shooting
Game #4: 5 points in 19 minutes on 2/8 shooting

Rodney Hood:
Game #1: 2 points in 16 minutes on 1/5 shooting
Game #2: 0 points in 12 minutes on 0/2 shooting
Game #3: 0 points in 10 minutes on 0/2 shooting
Game #4: DNP

Larry Nance Jr also underwhelmed.

I think you are missing a big point on why those trades happened.

LeBron needs the ball in his hands/wants the ball in his hands almost all the time. Thomas and Wade also need the ball a lot to be super productive. Obviously the whole "distraction" part was involved, but in the best interest of the teams success (LeBron wanting to be in control at most times), those trades had to happen.

Thomas is awesome as a primary ball handler, Wade is still an ISO player. Both players are not spot up shooters. Hood is a spot up shooter, Clarkson was used to riding pine and being a "Spark", and kind of fading out, and Nance was nothing more than a hustle guy with LA most of the time.

Those trades fit in perfectly to what Cleveland/LeBron wanted to do.

Dee4Three
Contributor
Contributor

Postby NovU on Wed May 09, 2018 6:00 am

dwayne. Let's face it. You and I know both Clarkson and Hood are shit players. Always have been. They're high usage low efficiency players. Problem is Wade and Isaiah at this point are NOT much different. Having them on Cavs team would have hurt the team even more because their name value would have automatically granted them bigger roles than Clarkson and Hood. Having less of Clarkson and Hood allowed others to step up in their shoes, like LBJ/JR/Love/KORVER. Possessions are limited, you know this.

The reason Cavs took chance on them is because of their youth and hopes that they would somehow become effective in low usage high efficiency role alongside LeBron.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Jeffx on Wed May 09, 2018 8:52 am

Andrew wrote:And so ends the run for the most disappointing #1 seed in NBA history. Well, that dubious distinction is up for debate, but surely these Raptors rank up there.

As great as LeBron is, I really thought Toronto had a better team. But I didn't count on two things; 1) LeBron getting help from his guys & 2) Toronto's lack of mental toughness. DeRozan & Lowry had a COMBINED 18 POINTS in playoff elimination game! C'mon man, that shit is unacceptable. To quote Walt 'Clyde' Frazier, "the regular season is where you make your name, but the postseason is where you make your fame".

Did you hear DeRozan's press conference after the game? Pathetic is being kind.

You know what the Raptors need? Cats like Draymond Green and Marcus Smart - nasty, pain-in-the-ass mfers who play with a chip on their shoulder.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Wed May 09, 2018 9:14 am

Someone posted this at Operationsports.com about Rodney Hood. Dude needs a serious reality check;

"When the Cavs called a timeout with a 30-point lead and 7:38 left Monday, Lue tried inserting Hood for James. It was a great opportunity for a struggling youngster to try and find his rhythm without any pressure before the next series. Instead, Hood refused to go in, multiple sources confirmed. A number of veterans huddled around him during the timeout and tried talking sense into him, but Hood still refused to go, so Jose Calderon subbed into the game instead. *Hood dressed quickly and was one of the first players out of the locker room after the game. *

For him, of all people, to refuse to go into a game during garbage time is grounds for a fine and suspension for conduct detrimental to the team. Lue hung in there with Hood when most other coaches would’ve gone away from him long ago. When these playoffs began, an opposing executive texted me “(Hood) is not built for this,” meaning the postseason. Now we’re seeing why.

Cavs GM Koby Altman intends to meet with Hood soon to discuss why he refused to go into the game and to get his side of the story, one source told The Athletic. Hood has struggled with stiffness in the past and, given how long he was sitting, the Cavs want to give him an opportunity to tell his side of the story. But according to multiple people who witnessed the exchange, this had nothing to do with stiffness and everything to do with a young player pouting.

“This is the playoffs. We’re trying to win a championship,” one Cavs player told The Athletic. “This isn’t about you.”
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Wed May 09, 2018 10:46 am

Agreed on the team lacking mental toughness. As for Hood, yeah, not a good move at all. He should be jumping at any chance to get into the game and prove himself, even if it's in garbage time.

Andrew
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed May 09, 2018 2:37 pm

As great as LeBron is, I really thought Toronto had a better team. But I didn't count on two things; 1) LeBron getting help from his guys

Agreed. Amazing how removing team cancer in the locker room like Isaiah Thomas and Dwyane Wade (even LeBron knew it, else his buddy wouldn't have been traded) and a 7 game series in the playoffs can improve team chemistry as to sweep the 1st seed.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball