2018 PLAYOFFS: (4) Cleveland vs. (5) Indiana

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

What's gonna happen?

Cavs in 4
18%
Cavs in 5
6%
Cavs in 6
29%
Cavs in 7
6%
Pacers in 4
No votes
Pacers in 5
6%
Pacers in 6
6%
Pacers in 7
12%
Mike Pence attends game 3, immediately gets up and leaves
6%
Kendrick Perkins: "We've got a [expletive] squad now"
12%

Total votes : 17

Re: 2018 PLAYOFFS: (4) Cleveland vs. (5) Indiana

Postby dwayne2005 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:37 am

Even if you have the same mental condition your experiences and environment are different from Love, just because you understand the feeling of having a panic attack doesn't mean his situation is always the same as yours.
Yours has to be one of the most retarded reasoning I have seen and I have seen plenty. It's mostly made retarded by mentioning the salary like it's relevant.
You think he's gonna be able to think straight and remember about his salary in the middle of his panic attacks and just instantly flip a switch to turn it off so he could perform as expected of his pay grade?
He did and still is getting professional help for his condition after he got his first panic attack in his life and subsequent occurences of it this season, he knows a lot is expected of him as a highly paid pro athlete that's why he got professional help instead of continuing to deny his condition or ignoring it through other means like alcohol and drug use. He hid it at first because of the stigma attached to a mental condition like his and yours.

Targeting Love's mental condition just to criticize the way Thomas was treated in Cleveland is just plain stupid.

What I was saying was that Thomas was being blamed for Love's play during that stretch, and then he was blamed for the lockeroom turmoil. It wasn't just Dwyane Wade who was the force behind it, but in what I read it seemed to indicate Love had a chance to pacify his team mates and explain why he withdrew from the game but didn't. I imagine a situation where Wade may have called him up and asked where he was, and Love said "none of your business" or something to that effect. For example. And this all fell on Isaiah Thomas. He now has a reputation for being a destructive to locker rooms. Even during his stint in LA, it was a frequent response to topics: don't keep him, he is poison to the lockeroom. Many idiot journalists still cite it: his inability to play alongside others. It is being used as one of the justifications to not renewing his contract, or getting him signed elsewhere.

I wasn't using it to target the way Isaiah was being treated. I was saying this was probably the reason why he was only getting 10 shots in a game back then, not Isaiah stealing his shots for which he was blamed. Love lost his drive when Isaiah surfaced on the team, and it was part of the reason why the team were doing so poorly, but it all once again fell on Isaiah Thomas. 10 shots again in the latest game, it is clear his ailment is an issue. That's why I was bringing it up. It is not Isaiah who was responsible after all.

I ended with a side point that people (rightfully) expect more out of a 20 million dollar athlete. This side point has nothing at all to do with Isaiah Thomas. If he is working through it, it certainly doesn't show. If anything was 'retarded', it is your comprehension of the intent of my post.

Oh, and another thing: takes a special kind of hypocrisy to use a derogatory word of a intellectually handicapped person to criticise someone for their perceived reasoning: using a mental handicap as an excuse for whatever the hell your reasoning was. I'm sure all those intellectually handicapped people who are not earning 20 million a year appreciate you likening them to me!
Last edited by dwayne2005 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
dwayne2005

Postby air gordon on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:39 am

NovU wrote:Gordon, there's no denying he is the Michael Jordan of his era.

44-10-8 performance feels totally ordinary and nobody talks about such amazing performance anymore, lol.

really remarkable. took 2 shots outside the lane i think the whole game, made all his free throws yet some are going to criticize it
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:51 am

Indiana could have had this series but they let LeBron and the Cavs have too much momentum. I don't think there's anything they can do to stop them now that they've got a rhythm going
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:36 am

There's an outside chance of at least forcing a Game 7 since Game 6 is in Indiana, but they've completely lost momentum, so I'm inclined to think they're done. As much as any pivotal Game 5 will be looked upon as the deciding factor, I still think Barkley had it right. They needed to win Game 4 and go up 3-1 to have a realistic chance of winning the series, and they let a golden opportunity slip away there.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Fri Apr 27, 2018 7:18 pm

The Pacers have played consistently well this series. If Oladipo can pull his head out of his ass, they might be able to take game 6. I'd be stunned if LeBron lost a game 7 in the first round, but Indy still has a chance.
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:29 pm

Big win for the Pacers to force Game 7, but a tough, tough task ahead of them.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Lamrock on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:43 pm

I think LeBron is about to go Game 6 Celtics on them (again?) but Indiana has been the better team through six games. Game seven is going to be epic.
Lamrock

Postby NovU on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:19 pm

Well... You are trying to win games heavily relying on shit players like Calderon, JR Smith, Jeff Green, Clarkson, Hood, and aging Korver.

Young LBJ probably could put up a good fight but it seems his legs are gotten old little too soon. Also wtf happened to Kevin Love? He can't even seem to rebound well now which makes his presence obsolete.

I don't know which LBJ will show up in game 7, young or old. But I know for sure I wouldn't be surprised of any result now.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Lamrock on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:38 pm

Kevin Love has been playing through an injury and took a couple hits to the head. He continues to be inconsistent in the playoffs though, and with him instead of Irving as the second option, it's been dicey.
Lamrock

Postby Andrew on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:41 pm

Love re-injured his hand, so that might have something to do with it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:25 am

Looked like Love got a concussion from that got to the head
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:28 am

LeBron James playing that Game 7 basketball. Tristan Thompson the unexpected boost that Cavs desperately needed. These fans were booing him a couple of weeks ago now they are worshiping him :lol:
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:02 am

Khloe forgave him already, must be that for playing well rn.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Murat on Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:55 am

So Cavs advance to the 2nd round. Tristan Thompson changed the direction of series.
Murat
Contributor
Contributor

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball