Jordan at 38-40 guarding the best players

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: Jordan at 38-40 guarding the best players

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:18 am

sticky-fingers wrote:The ball handling is better theses days, but the rule about "carrying the ball" (?) is also more permissive.

True, I'll agree with that to an extent. But, when it was really different was the pre 80s. Players had to literally keep the hand on top of the ball, which makes Bob Cousys dribbling look funny, but in reality it's pretty remarkable the way he was able to handle the ball.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby diamenz on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:40 am

shadowgrin wrote:Jordan's overrated by nostalgia, he can't even get past a defensive sieve like Larry Bird.

Just look at the video.

You can also see Jordan padding his stats.
Dave Corzine had a mismatch with Dennis Johnson in the post, instead of passing it to Corzine and taking advantage of the mismatch for an easy bucket for the Bulls, Jordan chose to ignore his teammate with the big mismatch and shot the ball himself to pad his stats.

phpBB [video]

yeah, because dave corzine is gonna do work in the post with mchale and parish there, right? this is the eighties, remember? but that's beside the point.

it's one thing to 'stat-pad' when you're hot in a sixty point game vs. larry legend, it's a whole other to do it when your team is up or down by twenty in the fourth quarter. give me a break.
diamenz

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:08 am

You can't be hot in a 60-point game when it's only the 1st quarter buddy.

What's wrong with trying to score when your team is down by 20 in the 4th? You want players to give up easily?

Guess the Lakers should have given up when the Blazers were up by 15 in the 4th in the 2000 WCF...
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:26 am

boys, calm your ponies. grin is just being sarcastic.

Stat padding mere blocks and rebounding could work but some defensive stats cannot be padded.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:27 am

shadowgrin wrote:You can't be hot in a 60-point game when it's only the 1st quarter buddy.

What's wrong with trying to score when your team is down by 20 in the 4th? You want players to give up easily?

Guess the Lakers should have given up when the Blazers were up by 15 in the 4th in the 2000 WCF...

You are completely disregarding LeBron's stat padding, via his trying to make only the assist pass, feverishly scoring when the game is decided, not playing defense so he can be in position for rebounds, and you are disregarding all of his defensive mishaps including being exploited and just letting people go by, In favor of also trying to post video (and failing miserabley) of Jordan who you say is also stat padding, while at the same time not realizing you are looking like a complete fool.

Give up ShadowGrin, you are proving to be quite desperate.
Last edited by Dee4Three on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:28 am

NovU wrote:boys, calm your ponies. grin is just being sarcastic.

Stat padding mere blocks and rebounding could work but some defensive stats cannot be padded.

NovU, you were done awhile ago, time to sit down. Sticking up and speaking for your favorites just adds to the beating.

His attempts in his two videos were complete crap, and you know it, therefore you are saying he is being sarcastic, while he is actually being serious and continues to defend LeBron's stat padding while saying Jordan did it as well. And he is failing quite bad.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby diamenz on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:33 am

shadowgrin wrote:You can't be hot in a 60-point game when it's only the 1st quarter buddy.

don't get it twisted. my point is lebron stat padding gifted layups with two minutes left in a season game down by twenty for example, isn't quite the same thing as jordan stat padding in a playoff game against one of the goat teams while the game is still up in the air.
diamenz

Postby NovU on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:35 am

Hahaha, thanks for reminding me that I forgot to squelch a forum idiot Dee last time. :wink:
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:37 am

diamenz wrote:

don't get it twisted. my point is lebron stat padding gifted layups with two minutes left in a season game down by twenty for example, isn't quite the same thing as jordan stat padding in a playoff game against one of the goat teams while the game is still up in the air.

How many games have you watched? LeBron is stat padding all the time. Like his teammates said, looking for the assist pass instead of the right pass, you can see him stat padding basically every game.

And I don't see Jordan stat padding in that game, I see him feverishly scoring while the game is close trying to will his team to win. He is in the zone. I never considered that game stat padding for a second.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Feb 19, 2018 8:37 am

NovU wrote:Hahaha, thanks for reminding me that I forgot to squelch a forum idiot Dee last time. :wink:

See ya.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby diamenz on Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:35 am

Dee4Three wrote:
diamenz wrote:

How many games have you watched? LeBron is stat padding all the time. Like his teammates said, looking for the assist pass instead of the right pass, you can see him stat padding basically every game.

And I don't see Jordan stat padding in that game, I see him feverishly scoring while the game is close trying to will his team to win. He is in the zone. I never considered that game stat padding for a second.

i was just using the term for argument's sake. if mj ever padded it was never to the blatant extent of lebron's doing so like u said. guy has no shame.

i can't watch much of today's games. i really don't find it very appealing. finals and conf finals is all i can really get into, and even then i'm not emotionally invested.
diamenz

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:09 am

diamenz wrote:

You said it yourself it's a 'gifted layup', any player would take that. What's he supposed to do, let the shot clock run out while there's still time on the game clock? Throw the ball out of bounds to give back possession to the other team to increase the deficit and embarrassment more?
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby Dee4Three on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:18 am

ShadowGrin, you are highlighting only when he stat pads at the end of games, and disregarding the obvious stat padding throughout games (that even his teammates were accusing him of).

You guys are funny. NovU says you are being sarcastic to back you, even though you were being dead serious (surprising I know), so he abruptly exits instead of admitting he's a biased tool. Meanwhile, you continue to defend your ridiculous video posts, showing your heavy bias and disconnect from reality.

Call things like they are, it's obvious that he pads his stats, to his teammates and anybody who won't blindly defend him. Just like his being exploited, and his lazy defensive effort is more than obvious (and shown here).

This has actually been really hilarious reading the attempts made by you guys. Please continue.

Follow me on Twitter

Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby air gordon on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:20 pm

In Rocky IV why did the Drago character have to be juicing? Nice tie in with the cold war but c'mon, Sly
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:28 pm

Sly got it right though, even now the Russkies are still juicing in the Olympics even for curling.

Curling.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby diamenz on Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:31 pm

shadowgrin wrote:
diamenz wrote:

You said it yourself it's a 'gifted layup', any player would take that. What's he supposed to do, let the shot clock run out while there's still time on the game clock? Throw the ball out of bounds to give back possession to the other team to increase the deficit and embarrassment more?

no, he should be on the bench. and don't put the blame on lue for not taking him out, because we all know james wants it that way.
diamenz

Postby NovU on Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:48 pm

diamenz wrote:my point is lebron stat padding

If my best player was stat padding and still led the team to the Finals for 8 fucking straight seasons, I would get down on my knees begging him to pad his stats more and more. Seriously, it boggles my mind how one can focus on stat padding not winning and yet could lead the team to the Finals for 8 fucking straight seasons. Perhaps stat padding = win for this fucker, now go mull on that.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby diamenz on Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:08 pm

NovU wrote:
diamenz wrote:my point is lebron stat padding

If my best player was stat padding and still led the team to the Finals for 8 fucking straight seasons, I would get down on my knees begging him to pad his stats more and more. Seriously, it boggles my mind how one can focus on stat padding not winning and yet could lead the team to the Finals for 8 fucking straight seasons. Perhaps stat padding = win for this fucker, now go mull on that.

lol, alright.
diamenz

Postby air gordon on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:07 am

shadowgrin wrote:Sly got it right though, even now the Russkies are still juicing in the Olympics even for curling.

Curling.

Sly is a genius. Curling, who would have known?

Look at Sly's body transformation from episode 1 to 3. smh

i was thinking that Nick Nolte's performance was quite underrated in the grossly underrated movie, Blue Chips.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby diamenz on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:24 am

apollo was the real star of the rocky movies.
diamenz

Postby air gordon on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:37 am

you may be on to something there but it is really Pauly. so vital to the rocky franchise. Adrian was his sister, trained rocky, his poor investments lead to rocky V, and so on.
Jump.
air gordon

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:21 am

air gordon wrote:Look at Sly's body transformation from episode 1 to 3. smh

i was thinking that Nick Nolte's performance was quite underrated in the grossly underrated movie, Blue Chips.

Just look at him in Rambo 4. That old Sly definitely juiced up again to play the part.

It was eclipsed by Penny's acting.

I agree with diamenz, Apollo was directly or indirectly the motivation for Rocky in all the movies except for V which was motivated by Paulie as you mentioned.

I - fight vs Apollo
II - Apollo rematch
III - Apollo helped Rocky regain his hunger and eye of the tiger
IV - Rocky set out to avenge Apollo
V - Rocky had to help Paulie
Rocky Balboa - Apollo's trainer helped Rocky to be in fighting condition again
Creed - Rocky helping Apollo's son
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

Postby air gordon on Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:37 am

Ha youre taking this way too seriously. Or not haha
Love that Simpsons episode where Bart has to pick the correct door marked with Roman numerals and uses the Rocky franchise to figure it out
Jump.
air gordon

Postby diamenz on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:18 am

the first three movies were great, the first one of course being the best. those fatigued hooks that apollo throws in the later rounds never cease to crack me up. those fight sequences were so well coreographed.

r4 disappointed me - just get to the fight already. five catches flack, but the acting and story was pretty decent. i particularly remember talia shire's superb acting afyer tommy peels away in his ride towards the end. and who could forget the street fight.

i piss on r6 and creed.
diamenz

Postby shadowgrin on Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:29 am

Creed 2 apparently jumping the shark already by having Ivan Drago's son in it.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
shadowgrin

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball