What Has Been Going On With Markelle Fultz?

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

What Has Been Going On With Markelle Fultz?

Postby benji on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:09 am

http://www.phillyvoice.com/what-has-rea ... jump-shot/

short version: "No comment."

shorter version: Aliens.
benji

Re: What Has Been Going On With Markelle Fultz?

Postby Jackal on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:30 am

A combination of the following: physical injury, psychology and inability to cope with the scrutiny he's facing at 19 years old.

He was injured, did some shot reworking, somehow still feels it's injured (mentally) and has lost confidence in his shot completely.

I hope he finds his mojo back. Some Monstars shit otherwise.
Jackal

Postby Jackie Kong on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:01 pm

well, I would guess losing so many games affected his confidence. I know he said he could be the mvp on his rookie season but I doubt he ever bought that he could be a leading star on a winning team. I mean, even during summer league he was losing.
Jackie Kong

Postby Andrew on Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:23 pm

I've heard that there's a chance he's out for the season. It does sound like his shoulder problems have been difficult and bothersome, and no doubt a big factor in the way he's changed his shot. That in turn has to have undermined his confidence. Seems like a case of him needing to get his mind and body to where they need to be in terms of being confident and pain-free, with muscle memory guiding him on a better form.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:37 pm

The real twists in Fultz’s story started in October, when his agent, Raymond Brothers, went to ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski with a claim his client had to have fluid removed from his shoulder

This was the exact moment when the aliens stole Fultz's shooting ability.

Marco20 wrote:I would guess losing so many games affected his confidence.

I doubt the losing affected him, his college team weren't winning that many games yet he still played great for them.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Jackie Kong on Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:25 pm

Marco20 wrote:I would guess losing so many games affected his confidence.

I doubt the losing affected him, his college team weren't winning that many games yet he still played great for them.[/quote]

But it might have been one those things that aren't a big deal until they are and the pressure of living up to a number 1 pick probably didn't help either. Could stress indirectly cause shoulder pain? :?:
Jackie Kong

Postby NovU on Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:25 pm

Idk, he seemed to be very media confident unlike media shy guy Lonzo. Pressure or not, I think his shooting mechanism at NBA is showing up to be flawed just as Lonzo.

shadowgrin wrote:I doubt the losing affected him, his college team weren't winning that many games yet he still played great for them.

Right on point.

iirc he has the worst college team record for a #1 overall pick. iirc again, his team wasn't even .500 or barely?
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Return to NBA & Basketball