2017-18 Daily Discussion

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

2017-18 Daily Discussion

Postby [Q] on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:06 am

Will kyrie get booed in Cleveland? He should get booed. He asked for the trade.

New look rockets against the warriors. I think rockets have put themselves ahead of the warriors with the cp3 trade. It's a matter of which team plays better defense
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Re: Nba opening night

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:11 am

I assume Kyrie will get booed, though I can understand his motivation. I think the way LeBron keeps referring to him as "kid" is a pretty big clue that Kyrie was tired of being condescended to in Cleveland. It's also pretty rich, given how childish LeBron has acted in the past (and still does at times).

I'm guessing the Rockets will look really good for three quarters, and then the Warriors just run away with it in the fourth with a barrage of threes.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:33 am

Yeah; even though he was huge in bringing Cleveland their first chip, he'll get booed - almost like an "unfinished business" type thing; he abandoned ship while it was still afloat.
[Hyperize]

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:17 am

Oh man. Gruesome injury for Gordon Hayward.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:23 am

well that was a fun season
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:31 am

Absolutely sickening. I've never heard an arena so quiet.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:11 am

Ugh, prayers for Hayward. In a sick twist of fate, Kyrie "gets to be the man" now; if it's season-ending, this has to take the Celtics out of title contention.
[Hyperize]

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:16 am

Am I a terrible human being for thinking immediately how it would affect Kyrie's numbers in fantasy league rather than the condition of Hayward?

Seems like Mormon prayers are pretty potent, reminder to not piss them off like Hayward did. Just look at what happend with Karl Malone with the Lakers too.

Kyrie needs to be booed for that subtle insult on Cleveland about him now being in a true sports city like Boston.

Q wrote:I think rockets have put themselves ahead of the warriors with the cp3 trade.

You're drunk Q. Lay off the rice wine.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Sauru on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:17 am

for what its worth the celtics didnt have a shot at the title outside of lebron/durant getting injured. people kept comparing the trade as to who is better but its the addition of rose/wade/green that really set the cavs apart. plus that lebron guy
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:19 am

Think I'm going to have to turn off the TV until Warriors/Cavs. Hard to get into the game after that scene. Can't even begin to imagine how the players are doing it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:28 am

Andrew wrote:Think I'm going to have to turn off the TV until Warriors/Cavs. Hard to get into the game after that scene. Can't even begin to imagine how the players are doing it.

i have also stopped watching the game. just cant get into it
Sauru

Postby shadowgrin on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:43 am

Stay classy Skip.

https://twitter.com/realskipbayless/status/920447725816049666
If Gordon Hayward is gone, maybe for the season, LeBron's path to losing a sixth finals gets even easier.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Dee4Three on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:53 am

Stopped watching after it happened.

Can't watch it.
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Sauru on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:04 pm

shadowgrin wrote:Stay classy Skip.

If Gordon Hayward is gone, maybe for the season, LeBron's path to losing a sixth finals gets even easier.

i mean he is not wrong but holy shit can you at least wait until hayward gets to the damn hospital
Sauru

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Sauru wrote:

i mean he is not wrong but holy shit can you at least wait until hayward gets to the damn hospital

Agreed. No need to make it about LeBron in that moment, and completely classless. Sure, it gets attention, but it's just an inflammatory comment to stir the pot. No dignity in that.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Hyperize] on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:59 pm

After that game, I'm under the impression the Kyrie trade just made both teams worse (idk if that was the general consensus), but with the Hayward injury we'll never be able to truly grade Boston's offseason. It still doesn't sit right for me seeing Kyrie in a C's jersey (not as a Cavs fan, but just a general NBA fan); it seems like the most pointless/unnecessary exercise - doesn't feel right.

Was it ever clarified if it was because he wanted to get away from LeBron or because he wanted to lead a team? If I was Altman, I would've just been like "You're under contract - the end"; nothing wrong with leaving as a free agent (it's a business and all), but what he did wasn't right.
[Hyperize]

Postby bowdown on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:22 pm

That sucks. The East gets weaker and weaker its getting to be pretty ridiculous. Hayward cannot be the same player for atleast 1.5 years after this injury.
bowdown

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:10 pm

cavs4872 wrote:Was it ever clarified if it was because he wanted to get away from LeBron or because he wanted to lead a team? If I was Altman, I would've just been like "You're under contract - the end"; nothing wrong with leaving as a free agent (it's a business and all), but what he did wasn't right.

It's no different to any other player asking for a trade because they're dissatisfied and want to move on. It sounds like his relationship with LeBron was strained, and when word of his trade request was leaked, all trust evaporated and the relationship completely disintegrated.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby [Q] on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:31 pm

Holy crap what a game
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:41 pm

Wild finish, always fun. Durant's shot looked a split-second too late in real time, definitely the right call thanks to the instant replay. Rockets almost gifted the Warriors the game by not getting that rebound, though. Still a place in the game for traditional bigs who can clean up on the boards.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:42 pm

Sauru wrote:

Not even then, it's such a cuntly way to put it.

I stopped watching the Warriors-Rockets game after the 3rd and now I see they won by a point whaaat :lol:
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Sauru on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:05 pm

SoF'nAwesome wrote:
Sauru wrote:

Not even then, it's such a cuntly way to put it.

I stopped watching the Warriors-Rockets game after the 3rd and now I see they won by a point whaaat :lol:

yeah i agree not even then should skip mention it i was just overstating it a bit. the reality is the cavs didnt need this to move on but people will use it as another in a long line of injuries that has helped lebron get to the finals. as for bringing that point up? best left for the end of the season

game 2 was great and boy does nick young fit in with this offense
Sauru

Postby SoF'nAwesome on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:46 pm

In my opinion, Irving made his point. He is ready and can lead a franchise. And even with Hayward out for the season(chances are he might return during the playoffs), this Celtics team will only improve as time goes on and the young'uns develop more. Jaylen was crazy today and Tatum showed a lot of potential. People shouldn't really write this team off so easily, they will give the Cavs a hard time.
SoF'nAwesome
MVP

Postby Jackal on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:07 am

Andrew wrote:Wild finish, always fun. Durant's shot looked a split-second too late in real time, definitely the right call thanks to the instant replay. Rockets almost gifted the Warriors the game by not getting that rebound, though. Still a place in the game for traditional bigs who can clean up on the boards.

I have to disagree. All the three's just don't make for an interesting game to me. This is why I don't find the all star game interesting either.

Sure it came close at the end but what's fun about trading three's and layups. Defense was there for a few plays and then just let guys go by or shoot on most others.

I'm glad the Warriors lost though. Fuck Durant. Soft ass bitch.
Jackal

Postby Andrew on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:48 am

Oh, I'm just talking about the ending, not the game as a whole. I only tuned in to the final few minutes; I just wasn't in the mood to watch basketball after what went down with Hayward, but when I checked on the score later and saw it was close, I switched back over to watch the end.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Next

Return to NBA & Basketball