Ginobili Returning For One More Season...Again

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Ginobili Returning For One More Season...Again

Postby Andrew on Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:18 am

Ginobili indicates he will return to Spurs for 16th season

Manu Ginobili appears to be putting off retirement for at least another season.

The forward, who turns 40 on July 28, has tweeted that he is re-signing with San Antonio. The 6-foot-6 guard has been a part of four of the Spurs' five NBA championships.

Ginobili averaged 7.5 points and 18.7 minutes per game last season. In 15 seasons with the Spurs, the native of Argentina ranks in the top five in franchise history in points (13,467), games (992), assists (3,835) and steals (1,349).

Lure of the game is obviously still strong for Manu. Good to see him sticking with the Spurs.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Re: Ginobili Returning For One More Season...Again

Postby NovU on Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:56 am

Amazing player. Perhaps because of Tim Duncan and Spurs' excellence, I feel he has been underrated by a lot. He's perhaps top 10 SG all time but you wouldn't hear that often.

Speaking of the Spurs, I feel their regression has started kicking in real fast. Past several moves haven't really panned out too well and yet they have made more shitty moves(or non) this offseason. I feel their reputation for being dominant team for decades is clouding our perception that they're still the true contender. Contrast is Houston Rockets who has been sticking to morey's money ball and steadily improved.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby benji on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:50 pm

Speaking of the Spurs and old timers:
Free-agent center Pau Gasol has signed a three-year, $48 million deal to return to the San Antonio Spurs, league sources told ESPN.

The deal includes a partial guarantee on the contract's final year, sources said.

Wow, he's 37.

He's an ideal Spurs big man and they're the kings of minutes management but I figured he'd be considering shutting it down sooner than that.
benji

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:12 pm

Guess he's got the talent to remain productive in limited minutes, especially as he added some range to his jumpshot over the years. Time sure flies, though.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby NovU on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:03 am

That is another downward move by the Spurs. What could have been decade fresher and cheaper Dedmon now is Pau at 37 for years. 1 wrong move doesnt kill a great team but series of bad moves could. I am predicting bold and say the Spurs will fall under 4th seed.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby air gordon on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:07 am

i think the spurs will be regular season killers (again). Pau @16mil per year to be a bum slayer off the bench. wow. look forward to Pop tearing him a new bunghole during timeouts again.
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby air gordon on Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:42 am

NovU wrote:That is another downward move by the Spurs. What could have been decade fresher and cheaper Dedmon now is Pau at 37 for years. 1 wrong move doesnt kill a great team but series of bad moves could. I am predicting bold and say the Spurs will fall under 4th seed.

Sorry double post. Looking at their cap situation, it could be a clean slate, especially if they trade Aldridge.

Its not bold to predict a slip. I don't see them as a title contender per say. But then again, kawaii in full robot mode in the playoffs...
Jump.
Scott Skiles answer to the question on how Eddy Curry can become a better rebounder
air gordon

Postby [Q] on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:45 am

Every year they get older and everyone doubts them but they're always up there
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:09 am

I expect them to be relevant, win a lot of games in the regular season, and perhaps make it to the second round, but the Rockets may be shaping up to be better equipped to give the Warriors a fight out West.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Return to NBA & Basketball