The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Brooklyn Nets Thread (RESPECT)..

Postby stereoxide on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Brooklyn Nets are very loaded I will not be surprised if they whoop Miami's sorry ass next season. #respectthenets#BKN2014NBAChampions#JKiddisthebestPGever#JKiddUpComingBestCoachEver.
stereoxide

Postby Andrew on Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:52 pm

I certainly didn't expect the Nets to be able to make that kind of deal, but it seems they're the short term beneficiaries of the Celtics' breakup. KG and Pierce don't have too many years left, but they can still play and that gives Brooklyn a pretty decent starting five. Wallace seemingly wasn't fitting in anymore and his contract wasn't great, so definitely a good move in shipping him out. With Lawrence Frank on board to help Jason Kidd out in his first year as a head coach, they've got a good outlook for next season.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Sauru on Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:24 am

any team in the league right now not named the miami heat would be happy trading away a possible future for a 2 year window with a legit chance at a ring

gotta say even though i wanted the celtics to get something for pierce its gonna be damn hard to see him in that ugly ass uniform
Sauru

Postby Jackal on Sat Jun 29, 2013 1:45 am

Imvho Kevin Garnett is the best PF in history. Just sayin..

And Paul Pierce is a true champion, he was stabbed and shit and he still balls imvho.
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:05 am

lots of people trying to say they are washed up but they still can be big for any team. now that they dont have to have the entire load on their backs i think they will play great
Sauru

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:46 am

I still would take Heat, Bulls, Pacers, and maybe even Knicks over the Nets. They got one or two step closer to a 2nd round. Big deal.
THX TO DOPE-JAO FOR THE SPECIAL SIG! <3
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU
Crap, what am I going to brag about now?

Postby Sauru on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:32 am

NovU wrote:I still would take Heat, Bulls, Pacers, and maybe even Knicks over the Nets. They got one or two step closer to a 2nd round. Big deal.

the nets improved a lot the real question is the coach. can kidd actually do the job? they have the line up now and i fully expect them to sign a couple ring chasers. they got a damn good team now if healthy
Sauru

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:39 am

They're trying to buy the championship, not play for it. Look at their salary as is.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby benji on Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:50 am

Sauru wrote:i fully expect them to sign a couple ring chasers.

The Brooklyn Nets have been considering free-agent center Jason Collins, the first openly gay player in NBA history, for a return to the franchise, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
Nets coach Jason Kidd has been an advocate of the possibility of acquiring Collins
one Celtics source told Yahoo! Sports that Garnett was extremely frustrated when Boston traded him to Washington at the February deadline
benji

Postby Sauru on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:21 am

NovU wrote:They're trying to buy the championship, not play for it. Look at their salary as is.

you are not being serious are you?
Sauru

Postby stereoxide on Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:33 am

NovU wrote:They're trying to buy the championship, not play for it. Look at their salary as is.

A Heat fan saying a team is buying a championship? Wow!!!
stereoxide

Postby NovU on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:58 pm

:lol:

We bought it with talent.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby graybakflip on Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:31 pm

benji wrote:
Sauru wrote:i fully expect them to sign a couple ring chasers.

The Brooklyn Nets have been considering free-agent center Jason Collins, the first openly gay player in NBA history, for a return to the franchise, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.
Nets coach Jason Kidd has been an advocate of the possibility of acquiring Collins
one Celtics source told Yahoo! Sports that Garnett was extremely frustrated when Boston traded him to Washington at the February deadline

I think the Collins rumors where purely PR move by Brett. It would make a logjam at the bigs, Lopez/KG/Evans/Plumlee/Teletovic/Blatche is enough I think, and assuming Dray will remain as the 1st big off the bench(hopefully).

From Tim Bomtemps

Tim Bontemps @TimBontemps about 1 hour ago

I’ve been told the Nets are not interested in signing free agent center Jason Collins.

Andrew wrote:I certainly didn't expect the Nets to be able to make that kind of deal, but it seems they're the short term beneficiaries of the Celtics' breakup. KG and Pierce don't have too many years left, but they can still play and that gives Brooklyn a pretty decent starting five. Wallace seemingly wasn't fitting in anymore and his contract wasn't great, so definitely a good move in shipping him out. With Lawrence Frank on board to help Jason Kidd out in his first year as a head coach, they've got a good outlook for next season.

Same here, the best case scenario I was expecting was HBAP for T.Thomas+B.Gordon from the CHA, and that would make me soo happy that time, now look what BK made. Still a gamble, but deffinitely worth taking. Frank was expected to be Kidd's head AC since he's the only HC he trust. KG/PP loved him back there at Boston as an a assistant for Doc before.

MyWRASSLER wrote:Imvho Kevin Garnett is the best PF in history. Just sayin..

And Paul Pierce is a true champion, he was stabbed and shit and he still balls imvho.

Don't worry, your Lakers will be fine next season(they ARE the LAKERS! no worries). Hey, I only do those STAY instructions for my dog, and yet he's intelligent enough to follow.

Sauru wrote:
NovU wrote:I still would take Heat, Bulls, Pacers, and maybe even Knicks over the Nets. They got one or two step closer to a 2nd round. Big deal.

the nets improved a lot the real question is the coach. can kidd actually do the job? they have the line up now and i fully expect them to sign a couple ring chasers. they got a damn good team now if healthy

this might be a good read

There are rumors that Nets are interested in Korver, hope they could sign him through that mMLE/vets. min. He's one of the closest friend of DWill and his agent in Schwartz might help(DWill,JKidd,PP etc are all Schwartz clients). Still we don't know what BK can still do in the upcoming FA, he might look to trade JET/Reggie(he's back ugh!) for a athletic wing(preffer a 3 & D) and a vet PG. But I think the priority is still Blatche.
You laugh at me 'cos I'm different. I laugh at you 'cos youre all the same
graybakflip

Postby Jackal on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:32 am

graybakflip wrote:Don't worry, your Lakers will be fine next season(they ARE the LAKERS! no worries). Hey, I only do those STAY instructions for my dog, and yet he's intelligent enough to follow.

Championship count:

Lakers 16
Nets 2?

Yeah, Lakers suck. :)
Jackal

Postby graybakflip on Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:49 pm

MyWRASSLER wrote:
graybakflip wrote:Don't worry, your Lakers will be fine next season(they ARE the LAKERS! no worries). Hey, I only do those STAY instructions for my dog, and yet he's intelligent enough to follow.

Championship count:

Lakers 16
Nets 2?

Yeah, Lakers suck. :)

Actually I meant what I've said that the Lakers should be fine, AS ALWAYS. They are still the top destination for FA's, and I think it's been a long time that they have no 1st round picks but still manage to build a great team, that winning culture is second to none, no doubt. We Nets fans suffered those 0-18 start, 12-70 season, the starting line-ups of "LeBron" Gaines, Stephen "THE GOAT" Graham, Travis OutLOL, Yi "Dirk-lite" Jianlian, and Johan Petro, and a coaching staff of 3 where they just share their salaries bet. them. Proky promised after he bought the team that in 5 yrs he'll make this team a contender and bring that Larry O'brien trophy eventually. He even said that he'll make Lakers as his example of what he'd like to build(we chased stars from amare,melo,dwight,dwight part2,da white part 3 etc), a winning culture, an FA destination, making Knicks fans to Nets fans(Proky loves competition ask Dolan/Cuban), and etc. Definitely we are not spoiled fans. Don't know whats the hate on the nets by taking chances/gambles, maybe just because were the LOWLY NETS. Never said that the "Lakers suck", don't know why you said that.

Remember, hate leads to suffering! lol
graybakflip

Postby Stress Fracture on Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:11 pm

When one cannot win in arguments, one starts to use memes. Nice (Y)
benji wrote:LeBron is such a choker. And people were talking about him as an all-time great. As having possibly surpassed Kobe. What a joke.

velvet bliss wrote:Andrew, you the real MVP.

Andrew wrote:He who flops and flails to the Finals and a title, flops and flails best.
Stress Fracture

Postby Jackal on Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:46 pm

No one hates on the Nets so that whole bullshit paragraph was unneeded. I'm just hating on blind fanboy'ism. Suddenly anyone that joins the Nets is GOAT at their position and you keep throwing Prokohov's (?) bank account like you're his lapdog in to every other post.

It's almost as bad as using Spoelstra's GF to make me believe he's a good coach. Yeah, I'm convinced now.
Jackal

Postby Sauru on Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:29 pm

we all know thew true measure of a coaches ability is the tail he can get
Sauru

Postby Its_asdf on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:14 am

MyWRASSLER wrote:No one hates on the Nets so that whole bullshit paragraph was unneeded. I'm just hating on blind fanboy'ism. Suddenly anyone that joins the Nets is GOAT at their position and you keep throwing Prokohov's (?) bank account like you're his lapdog in to every other post.

It's almost as bad as using Spoelstra's GF to make me believe he's a good coach. Yeah, I'm convinced now.

... I may have a slight irrational hatred towards the team.
Its_asdf
I'm kind of a big deal.

Postby shadowgrin on Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:25 am

PLEASE ASDF THIS IS A RESPECT THREAD! DIDN'T YOU SEE THE LETTERS R-E-S-P-E-C-T IN THE THREAD TITLE IN ALL CAPS.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby NovU on Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:46 am

In case anyone wants a briefing on the situation,
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby NovU on Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:51 pm

Andray Blatche re-signs with the Nets
Andray Blatche was surprisingly decent for the Nets last season. And because of it, Brooklyn is bringing him back for another season.

According to multiple reports, the Nets will sign Blatche to a one-year, $1.4 million deal.

Free agents can't officially sign until July 10.

For Blatche, though, he'll still be making a lot more than $1.4 million. Because he was amnestied by the Wizards two seasons ago, they still have to pay him the difference of his salary for what he agreed to in Washington. Which is about $7 million.

Blatche adds a bit more depth to the Nets' newly stocked frontcourt, which just added Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce. Blatche was used primarily as a rotation big last season, and he showed flashes of the player that earned that big contract from the Wizards.

Blatche, 26, averaged 10.3 points and 5.1 rebounds last season.

This is a bargain.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby Andrew on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:41 pm

I recall him saying a few months back that he'd be happy to sign for the minimum, seeing as though he was still getting paid out of his contract with the Wizards. Seems he meant it.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby NovU on Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:00 pm

CooL. I guess he likes it there. I thought he'd get around 5-6 mil from other teams easy.
Enjoy! <3 Jao
NovU

Postby graybakflip on Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:09 am

This was the only good thing Avery brought to the nets. Underrated signing, and was a big part of the team last season. I think he finished top15 in PER? Nets revived his career(just like G.Green) after he was amnestied by the Wiz(thank you so much!) no other team offered him. Even said that he would go to the D-League if no team would offer him last off-season. Now he's giving back what the Nets gave him. He'll perfectly fit as the 1st big off the bench since KG we'll have limited mins, and deffinitely he's capable of that(I expect dray and brook to be better defensively since KG is here i.e the KG effect). Nets big man rotation is pretty good imo. Brook/KG/Blatche/Plumlee(preferred Dieng but not bad at 22). 4 bigs where almost all of them are legit 7ft's, each w/ different style of play. Now if the Korver rumors(Dwill in his tweets) would end up in nets signing, this might be the best off-season so far. Tho Kirilenko would be great(he's Russian lol), I doubt Nets could grab him for that mMLE(heard that SAS might sign him) as he's looking for a multi year contract and like wants to have a bigger role on a contending team. And looks like the Celts-Nets trade is not that FINAL yet, since it will only be official in July 12. So Nets can still find a 3rd team that needs the Jet/Reggie's services/contract and look for the nets to swap them for a PG/Wing Player(like a Barea/Ridnour from Minny as what the rumors before the trade for KG/PP happened). I'm sure BK is still active, just waiting for the BIG names to fall off this FA.
graybakflip

PreviousNext

Return to NBA & Basketball