The Knicks Thread....

Like real basketball, as well as basketball video games? Talk about the NBA, NCAA, and other professional and amateur basketball leagues here.

Re: The Knicks Thread....

Postby [Q] on Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:50 pm

Like the Lakers, the media always talks about the Knicks whether they're good or bad so there's always pressure every year to be good. Luckily it worked out for LA after getting some great young talent through the draft, tanking and saving cap space and landing LeBron and eventually trading for AD.

I honestly don't see the Knicks getting that lucky and if they even do, their management wouldn't be able to pull off any moves that would actually help them.
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby mp3 on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:41 pm

You hit the nail on the head there Q it's just like the Lakers and how ESPN's Jay Williams brought LeBron into his tweet the other day as Bron famously responded with "what the f*"k do I have to do with this conversation" it's just naming him or the Lakers for views or as us New York fans say... Knicks 4 Clicks
Youtube - mp3 Basketball Gaming
mp3

Postby [Q] on Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:40 am

These talking heads run out of stuff to talk about and are encouraged to talk about bullshit for the shock value and click bait
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby bussinrounds on Wed Sep 16, 2020 1:03 pm

Jeffx wrote: it's the Knicks, wake me when they become relevant again.

This is where I'm at as a longtime Knicks fan. It's been so bad my friends that were Knick fans from back in the 90s aren't even basketball fans any more. :cry:
bussinrounds

Postby Jeffx on Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:48 am

mp3 wrote:Hey I'd love it if the fans, the media etc gave us time but they want instant results or even after excepting a rebuild a year or so is all there willing to except

The true fans don't have problem with a rebuild....problem is, the Knicks don't know how to do it. Their inept management always tries rebuilding on the fly, which never works.
Jeffx

Postby Jeffx on Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:50 am

The Knicks have made plenty of front office blunders throughout their history, but acquiring Russell Westbrook would be at the top of list for dumb Knicks moves. To take on that salary or lose a draft pick makes no sense. If they're trying to develop a young core of players, that won't happen with Westbrook dominating the ball.
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:37 pm

I don't know, what about the Jerome James contract?
NLSC Webmaster/Administrator
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Support The NLSC Hosting Fund: Patreon | GoFundMe

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Year 19
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:32 am

Andrew wrote:I don't know, what about the Jerome James contract?

That's close, but I think this would be worse. No way in hell do I want Westbrook. That's the usual quick-fix Knick move. Heard some young fan say get Westbrook no matter what it takes, because it'll make the Knicks exciting and relevant again. I wanted to slap that fool.

Hold on to the assets, draft smart and continue to develop the young cats.
Jeffx

Postby [Q] on Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:17 pm

Taking Obi means they are planning on trading Randle? Unless they want to pair them for some small ball lineup

I wished espn could have piped in some Knicks fans booing so draft would feel real
[Q]
NBA Live 18 Advocate
NLSC Team Member

Postby Andrew on Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:47 am

Jeffx wrote:Hold on to the assets, draft smart and continue to develop the young cats.

The thing is, do you trust them to make the right picks, and in their ability to develop said players? That's been the frustrating thing for me to watch with the Bulls. They strike out on major free agents, while also failing to make shrewd picks, or to really develop their young players. If the Bulls were in a position to get Westbrook, I wouldn't necessarily be excited or pushing for it, but I'd be able to get on board with it.
Release Topics: NBA Live 08 | NBA Live 07 | NBA Live 06 | NBA Live 2005 | NBA Live 2004
Story Topics: NBA 2K19 | NBA 2K13 | NBA Live 06 (Part 2) | NBA Live 06 (HOF) | NBA Live 2004 (HOF)
NLSC: Podcast | The Friday Five | Monday Tip-Off | Wayback Wednesday | 20th Anniversary of NBA Live | Facebook | Twitter | YouTube

Like my work? Want to help out with the NLSC Hosting Fund? Please consider leaving a tip!
Andrew
Year 19
Administrator

Postby Jeffx on Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:09 am

Andrew wrote:The thing is, do you trust them to make the right picks, and in their ability to develop said players?

That's the million dollar question...I had ZERO confidence in Steve Mills and his cronies. The jury is out on this new group.

But if Rose & Co. are stupid enough to bring in Gordon Hayward, it would tell me nothing has changed.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/knicks-i ... on-opt-out
Jeffx

Postby Andrew on Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:21 pm

I'd take Hayward on the Bulls, though I don't think they're in a position to make it happen.

Andrew
Year 19
Administrator

Previous

Return to NBA & Basketball