Problem with saving files in FshEd

All issues regarding FshEd and the EA Graphics Editor. This section has been locked as support for EAGE and FshEd has basically been discontinued.

Problem with saving files in FshEd

Postby Capoeira on Mon Sep 08, 2003 3:10 am

Hello, first: I'm new here, so hello :-)

My problem:
I change the positions of the numbers on a jersey. That works fine. Now I save the work to the file. If I now run NBA Live, so the numbers are back on their old position. If I open the .fsh-file of the jersey in FshEd, the positions are that I wanted. Have you any idea what's my problem, Brien?

Greetz,
Cap

Capoeira

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:28 pm

Welcome to the forum. :) I'm not Brien, but I'll attempt to answer the question. :wink:

After you move the numbers around, you need to click the "Calc" buttons for Front and Back. You might have to adjust the recalculated numbers slightly.
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Capoeira on Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:40 pm

Hey Andrew, many thx for your answer!! I'll test it when I'm back at home (I'm actually at work). I'll tell you if it function ok :-)
Capoeira

Postby Andrew on Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:54 pm

No problem. :) I was fooling around with some jersey files a few weeks back and I had the same problem. Hopefully it should work. :wink:
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby Brien on Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:13 am

Andrew wrote:No problem. :) I was fooling around with some jersey files a few weeks back and I had the same problem. Hopefully it should work. :wink:

I have no idea why you guys are getting this problem. Andrew, your answer sounds good. :?

This is an interesting finding. Looking at your screenshot of the plugin, it is clear that the front and back numbers need recalculating. This also suggests the importance of these numbers, as they take primacy over individual jersey number placements.

In fact, this suggests that the front and back box information is used to recalculate other numbers when they are inconsistent. :idea:
Brien
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Postby Capoeira on Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:59 am

Ok, many thx, it worked fine. Brien, maybe my problem was that I found no FAQ or guide for the tool. One last question: The numbers are in the right position now, but the gap between 2 numbers (for example 15) is too big and I can't reduce it. It is always too big. Is there another mistake I do?

Capoeira

Return to FshEd & EA Graphics Editor