Hentzman's NBA LIVE 2000 Updates

Talk about NBA Live 95-2002 here.

Re: Hentzman's NBA LIVE 2000 Updates

Postby Andrew on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:07 am

Well, my first piece of advice would be to ensure that you're talking about installing a legal copy, as discussion of pirated copies is against the rules and grounds for an immediate ban. ;)

Secondly, if you're running Windows 7 64 bit, then you're not going to be able to install NBA Live 2000, as it's installation routine is a 16 bit program. You'll need to install virtual machine software such as WMWare Player, along with an earlier copy of Windows (ideally 98 or XP). Once again, we can only help you if you have legal copies of those operating systems.

Additional information about getting older games to run can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=82084
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=60790
Andrew
Retro Basketball Gamer
Administrator

Postby pelksaka on Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:10 am

I'm new here, but I've been playing NBA Live since the beginning of time (or 1995). I did my first patch of '95 years ago and I used to update the All-Star teams and play co-op with my cousin. A few years ago I updated the rosters after LeBron went to Miami and spent the summer playing NBA Live '95 and now I'm always finished with final 2014-15 rosters. If I get the kinks worked out, I'll upload a patch.

I used to play Live 2000 back when the game was out and loved the updatability of that game. New jerseys, new shoes, new faces, new everything. Once I got my first console, I forgot about it though. But now (thanks to some great articles on this site) I've come back to it. I even got it to work on my Mac thanks to Wine. I downloaded all of the updated courts and jerseys and I have to say they look GREAT! :bowdown:

Thank you hentzman and rix191, you guys are unbelievable. I can't wait till tomorrow, so I can start patching and playing.

PS. My only request is new Suns jerseys... I could work on them myself, but I'm not very good at photoshop. And the Hornets don't seem to have new jerseys, but I can use the originals for now.
pelksaka

Postby hentzman on Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:24 pm

I'm glad you enjoy our patches and we could bring you back to play NBA Live 2000.

Unfortunately, I don't plan to make any more updates. I simply don't have the time and lost the motivation a bit as well.

At this point, I want to say thanks to all the people who helped keeping the game alive and up to date in recent years, especially rix and xpoing! And I thank all of you guys who downloaded the stuff and said a word of appreciation.

I will stay in this forum to give advice for playing or patching NBA Live 2000.

Hentzman
hentzman

Postby Dee4Three on Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:48 am

Andrew wrote:Well, my first piece of advice would be to ensure that you're talking about installing a legal copy, as discussion of pirated copies is against the rules and grounds for an immediate ban. ;)

Secondly, if you're running Windows 7 64 bit, then you're not going to be able to install NBA Live 2000, as it's installation routine is a 16 bit program. You'll need to install virtual machine software such as WMWare Player, along with an earlier copy of Windows (ideally 98 or XP). Once again, we can only help you if you have legal copies of those operating systems.

Additional information about getting older games to run can be found here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=82084
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=60790

So funny, I was new to the forums at this point (But I wasn't going to download an illegal copy), I just heard of people having problems making it run on Windows 7.

Haha
"I don't know if I practiced more than anybody, but I sure practiced enough. I still wonder if somebody - somewhere - was practicing more than me." - Larry Bird

Check out my YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvHJXrqit8Dc6HBY5P6EmAA

Follow me on Twitter

https://twitter.com/Dee4Three84
Dee4Three
NLSC Team Member
NLSC Team Member

Previous

Return to NBA Live Vintage