Problem with EAGE/NBA Live 2000

Talk about NBA Live 95-2002 here.

Problem with EAGE/NBA Live 2000

Postby Liv Morgan on Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:26 am

Hi. I have been working on some patches for NBA Live 2000, and I'm having some trouble. In a nutshell, when I try and import certain numbers, the colors all go wacky. Visual aid:

As you can see, the large 0, the large 1, and the smaller 0 under said large 1 are fine. However, the numbers on the far right are all messed up.

What I have noticed is that there are a couple of number fields on the bottom of EAGE. One says the size and color depth (26x72x8, for example) while the other says something like P42 (I'm assuming that it is palette related). The "P42" field says "P0" for the wacky colored numbers, but I can't figure out how to change it.

Also, when I view the palette for the weird colored numbers, it looks like this:

Also, am I correct in my assumption that the !FNT palette edits the color of the name on the jersey, and if so, how do I change it?

Thanks for the help, ahead of time. :)
Super. Bowl. LIV. MORGAN.

Formerly known as SydynElemental

Liv Chicago.
Liv Morgan

Re: Problem with EAGE/NBA Live 2000

Postby Rix191 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:28 am

Hi.

To fix this problem you need to use NFSH tool to extract your .fsh file. Folder with all images of FSH file will be created. Open index.fsh with notepad.
There will be listed all structure and palettes of FSH file. Just find the number with error and fix it. Then import new number with EAgraph again.
To change name font color you need to open 0022.bin file with Hexeditor and put new color. FFFFFF means RGB colors, but first is blue, second- green and third- red.
Last edited by Rix191 on Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Rix191

Postby Andrew on Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:51 am

I just doublechecked our Downloads section and we do indeed have a working link for nFSHtool here if you need it.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby xpoing on Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:39 am

hi,

ave u got the oldest version of eagraph ?

I had those problems with the newest version.

greetz,

xpoing
xpoing
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Liv Morgan on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:11 am

Thanks everybody so far. :)

I tried to do all that, and now the numbers are importing properly, with the exception of the background color (which will be transparent anyway) turning from pink to green. However, when I click on the shorts or jersey, I get various problems. The shorts colors are all messed up, and the small jersey gives me this error: "TSHPI Error: Unknown Palette Type". The large jersey crashes the EAGE. The shorts and jerseys were previously fine. I'm really confused now.

Liv Chicago.
Liv Morgan

Postby Andrew on Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:43 am

xpoing wrote:hi,

ave u got the oldest version of eagraph ?

I had those problems with the newest version.

greetz,

xpoing

I've checked and the oldest version I've got in my archives is 0.96. I've also got v0.97 and v0.99.
Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby shadowgrin on Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:57 am

iirc the newer versions had some problems so I reverted using an older version (when I used to mod my own). I think I used version 0.96 or 0.99.

EDIT: It's 0.96.
Last edited by shadowgrin on Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE'S USING HYPNOSIS!
JaoSming2KTV wrote:its fun on a bun
shadowgrin
Doesn't negotiate with terrorists. NLSC's Jefferson Davis. The Questioneer

Postby Andrew on Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:17 am

Andrew
Assist Enthusiast
Administrator

Postby Liv Morgan on Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:59 am

Thanks for the help so far.

Most of the problems have been solved, my jerseys and logos are showing up in the game now.

However, one problem remains: the game keeps crashing, and I believe it has something to do with the xxcmn.fsh files. At first, I had pinpointed my custom apcmn.fsh file, where it would be fine when importing the image into the apcmn.fsh, but when the fsh is imported into the teamdata.viv, clicking on the imported fsh would either give me an error or crash the EAGE.

However, I was looking through some of the default xxcmn.fsh files, and I'd get a "Unknown file format" and (not or) a "Scan line index out of bounds" error if I click on the Palette Workbench.

Liv Chicago.
Liv Morgan

Return to NBA Live Vintage